Led Zeppelin and the others' music

LeD-kHaN

I am sure that Led Zeppelin members listened to contemporary music in their leisure which included the bands & artists from the 60s-to-the present. Can anyone name any talent that was appreciated by LZ?

I can only think of Elvis, Sex Pistols & John Denver.

I am sure that Led Zeppelin members listened to contemporary music in their leisure which included the bands & artists from the 60s-to-the present. Can anyone name any talent that was appreciated by LZ?

I can only think of Elvis, Sex Pistols & John Denver.

Hi "LeD-kHaN!" How are you? I know that Robert was a big MOBY GRAPE fan and Bonzo loved the Soul music of Motown from the 1960's. ROCK ON FOREVER my friend!

I know Jimmy was quite fond of Bob Marley. I saw it on a documentary, and there was a picture of him holding one of his albums. I cant seem to find the pic though.

o yeah thats a great picture and idk if u ever seen it but theres a video from when they played earls court and after communication breakdown robert says its been 3 hours since we came an now its time to go back and listen to bob marley and the wailers

o yeah thats a great picture and idk if u ever seen it but theres a video from when they played earls court and after communication breakdown robert says its been 3 hours since we came an now its time to go back and listen to bob marley and the wailers

That is soooo cool. I love Bob Marley.

I read somewhere that Jimmy was asked sometime in the early to mid 1980's what groups he listened to or admired and the one that I remember him saying was RUSH.

Most of us know that Rush's guitarist, Alex Lifeson, is, was and has always been a huge fan of Jimmy Page. Just listen to Rush's first album and Jimmy's influence on Alex Lifeson's guitar playing is clearly evident. It is my favorite Rush album even though it does not feature Neil Peart on drums. On the great song, "Here Again", during the solo if you close your eyes and listen you (or at least I) could almost swear that the solo is being played by Jimmy himself. The solo starts at 4:38 and continues til 6:34. Check it out on Youtube: just type in Rush Here Again in the search box and it should be the second (2nd) song that is listed. The first listing is a live version of "Here Again". Check them both out but again listen to the solo on the studio version. Great stuff.

• 1 month later...

Hello, my name is fmtm and i'm rock n' roll adict.

I love all the great rock form the 60's to the 90's and passing by allmost everything in the middle

i can say that i don't select what i like and what i don't, and because of that i must be one of that asses that don't listen to music just hear.

I my defence i will leave where a list of my perferences for you to judje

AC/DC

Aerosmith

guns n' roses

the beatles

the who

bob dylan

a little bit of black sabbath

some ben harper

the clash (london calling amazing, sandinista! not so much)

the doors(they light my fire xD)

eric clapton (and his bands)

janis joplin (the queen of blues.. in my opinion)

on the 90's oasis, radiohead, nirvana(they make me embrace my dark side),

But on the end a still end up listening to the all mighty kings of rock, LED ZEPPELIN, that god make there music imortal and that the sound of jimmys' guitar guide mankind in our darkest times! long live to the kings and that there "axes" may rule on this world.

Archived