Jimmy with Sean P. Diddy Combs?

sailor86

• 1 month later...

excuse me, for me puff daddy is just a poor clown (yes i know he's filthy rich)

and the decision for jimmy page to

a] give him the rights to record this tune and

b] even personally participate in the recording/video must have been of a quite capitalist nature.

or does someone here really think this is art ?

perhaps you care 2 compare to this recent remix of the original :

My link

its more in a dubstep style and has some serious BASS action,(almost)no vocals plus interesting rhythmical variations, this is great for a club dancefloor.

excuse me, for me puff daddy is just a poor clown (yes i know he's filthy rich)

and the decision for jimmy page to

a] give him the rights to record this tune and

b] even personally participate in the recording/video must have been of a quite capitalist nature.

Oh no, Jimmy wants to MAKE MONEY ????????

:slapface: :slapface: :slapface: :slapface: :slapface:

Oh no, Jimmy wants to MAKE MONEY ????????

:slapface: :slapface: :slapface: :slapface: :slapface:

when u got some, there is a certain tendency that u wanna have more... they call the disease capitalism.

there's no way to deny that for jimmy page or LZ in general, they are one of the richest bands ever.

the difference to p.diddy lies in the (subjective) quality of creativity that LZ were sharing with us.

do u really think jimmy page got involved in that because he was convinced that was a great artistic goal ?

he only re-recorded a riff from like 15 years before..

when u got some, there is a certain tendency that u wanna have more... they call the disease capitalism.

there's no way to deny that for jimmy page or LZ in general, they are one of the richest bands ever.

the difference to p.diddy lies in the (subjective) quality of creativity that LZ were sharing with us.

do u really think jimmy page got involved in that because he was convinced that was a great artistic goal ?

he only re-recorded a riff from like 15 years before..

Well, I'm certainly not so arrogant as to presume I know why he did it. Maybe he genuinely WAS convinced that it was a great artistic goal.

I have as much evidence as you do to make the claim it wasn't.

None.

Oh, and what's wrong with Capitalism ?

Jimmy was paid 1 million dollars to phone it in, so they say

You can always find an use for 1 million dollars, even if you're filthy rich :yesnod:

For example..you can feed children in South America... :angel:

Anyway, is nothing wrong to make an easy money. And if you do that and, on the same time, you get new cathegory of people exposed to your music,is even better. The diehard fans don't like the output? They always have options (for example: sticking to the old material)

My conclusion: when people would stop being judgemental, the world will be a better place. Not that it will ever happend...

1. I like the collaboration, and I am happy for it.

2. The Movie sucked, I don't own it, and wouldn't.

3. At the time Jimmy agreed to do it, Jimmy's son was pleased with the tie-in to a movie that he liked (so I've been told....) That may or may not be true, but I think it is.

4. I do not own any "rap" records.... but I have NO problem with P Didddy honoring Zeppelin and "Kashmir" in his concerts. IT's better then the 'Page & Plant' 1990's presentation.... and I know you didn't want to hear that. :P

Well, I'm certainly not so arrogant as to presume I know why he did it. Maybe he genuinely WAS convinced that it was a great artistic goal.

I have as much evidence as you do to make the claim it wasn't.

None.

Oh, and what's wrong with Capitalism ?

hey Toscano, no offence meant..

i am just entitled to have an opinion, just like you and everybody else.

my opinion here, not knowledge or arrogance, is just that it was a pure financial move for mr. page, something his manager or consultant at the time probably thought was a clever move.

i'm just a fan who was turned off by the sellout of led zeps holy grail which imo wasnt necessary.

capitalism, well i dont really wanna get into arguing about that in a thread like this, but if u really wanna know whats wrong with capitalism, then perhaps u like to spend some time watching the eye opening Zeitgeist film online. it is touching many fields, for instance the federal reserve system :

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-594683847743189197#

and yes, its ok if u dont share my points of view.

Holy grail? It's music. It's not something to be kept behind glass and never touched by the unworthy.

well, to some music is the better religion.. (or drug)

does anyone know what Tom Morello (who reportedly played some guitar and bass on it)

thinks about "Come with me" now, as we cannot expect Mr. Page to come up with a statement soon ?

A religion that only four people are allowed to participate in?

naah, i was talking about music itself and what it personally does to one's lifes, not just LZ..

tho i gotta admit they were quite important when i started reading the sermons ;)

hey Toscano, no offence meant..

i am just entitled to have an opinion, just like you and everybody else.

my opinion here, not knowledge or arrogance, is just that it was a pure financial move for mr. page, something his manager or consultant at the time probably thought was a clever move.

i'm just a fan who was turned off by the sellout of led zeps holy grail which imo wasnt necessary.

capitalism, well i dont really wanna get into arguing about that in a thread like this, but if u really wanna know whats wrong with capitalism, then perhaps u like to spend some time watching the eye opening Zeitgeist film online. it is touching many fields, for instance the federal reserve system :

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-594683847743189197#

and yes, its ok if u dont share my points of view.

There isn't a rolleye smiley big enough for when zeitgeist is mentioned. Yeah, you're right, not the time or place. Some other time.

Cheers.

At the time Jimmy agreed to do it, Jimmy's son was pleased with the tie-in to a movie that he liked (so I've been told....) That may or may not be true, but I think it is.

True, more or less. I've addressed the finer details so many times anyone interested can use the search function.

The Saturday Night Live episode aired May 9, 1998 for the benefit of anyone seeking it.

True, more or less. I've addressed the finer details so many times anyone interested can use the search function.

The Saturday Night Live episode aired May 9, 1998 for the benefit of anyone seeking it.

Jimmy wanted to do something for his son that he could say "That's my dad" but by the time his son was about 16 anyway almost everyone probably his age idolized his dad for what he did in the 70s anyway.

Archived