Jimmy Page Attended Kiss Concert in London

SteveAJones

I wonder if Jimmy will show up on "Gene Simmons Family Jewels"? :o I like KISS, not a huge fan of the music in general, but I do enjoy that show and the last few have had some of their concerts in the show/series.

I think that is pretty cool that Jimmy went to see KISS in concert. I am a Big KISS fan but, in my opinion, they do not and could not ever be considered in the same league or even category of the Music of Jimmy Page and Led Zeppelin. KISS has been through so many different personal changes in regards to the lead guitarists and drummers over many years and decades. Of course the "original" KISS line-up with Ace Frehley and Peter Criss is the best and "Classic" KISS that most of know and love/like(?). I am sure alot of You out there have read or heard that the original KISS line-up had seen early Led Zeppelin in concert before KISS became a Big Group. Ace Frehley has said that He saw Led Zeppelin in 1969 when LZ played at the New York Fillmore East. He said something to the effect that seeing Jimmy Page play live at that gig actually changed his life. Now that is a profound statement coming from a guitarist that actually became a Big icon himself. Ace has always been my favorite KISS member even to this day.

I agree lzzoso, Ace is the man.

Ace Frehley along with Pagey of course in the 90's is what made me start playing guitar myself. I saw Page/Plant in 96 and then KISS that next year on their reunion tour. Ace is a fantastic guitarist, But yes its good to see Jimmy out enjoying himself. Great news.

KISS is doing another show tonight in London (maybe Jimmy will join them for Rock N Roll or Stairway). Paul has played part of Stairway live, but always stops after just the intro and goes on with another song of theirs in the past few tours.

R B)

I think I read it on Ross Halfin's diary page, apparently Paul Stanley gave Jimmy Page a portrait of Robert Johnson that Stanley had painted himself a few days before the Kiss show. This would lead me to believe that Page was personally invited to the gig or at least stopped by to show his appreciation for the gift.

I think I read it on Ross Halfin's diary page, apparently Paul Stanley gave Jimmy Page a portrait of Robert Johnson that Stanley had painted himself a few days before the Kiss show. This would lead me to believe that Page was personally invited to the gig or at least stopped by to show his appreciation for the gift.

Here's a picture of the painting, "Crossroads":

http://www.paulstanley.com/index.php?module=paintings&gallery_id=1

Interesting, that it was KISS' people who were bugging Jimmy for a photo and not the fans backstage.

http://www.rosshalfin.com/diary/may-2010/diary-may-2010.php

R B)

I had the pleasure of attending both Kiss shows at Wembley, and they were quite literally jaw-dropping. The physical effort the guys put in is incredible, and let's not forget that Gene is going-on sixty-one now!

I have to say though that I was absolutely gutted to learn that Jimmy was there on the first night only for me to miss him..... he would have been literally a hundred yards or so behind me at the mixing desk! To make matters worse, my friends and I actually visited Jimmy's property/street earlier in the day on the off-chance of catching a glimpse. We also had a quick walk around Jimmy's neighbourhood and had a coffee in Holland Park, before enjoying the Japanese Gardens there (I'm sure that Ross Halfin has mentioned that he's walked around there with Jimmy). As you'd imagine, the whole area is just impossibly up-market! Michael Winner's house (next to Jimmy's) is very very impressive! So, my heart sank to learn that I'd missed seeing Jimmy....good to know that he's out and about though.

Just to make sure, I went to the mixing desk on the second night and there was no sign of him.....had a nice picture and a kiss from Shannon Tweed though...made up for it a little ;-)

Always been a KISS fan but Ace was always my favorite. Too bad the great Jimmy Page had to see KISS with a personal assistant turned guitarist instead of the man, Ace. To be fair, KISS still puts on a great show, but the guitar work isn't the same.

Whenever Jimmy looks that happy, I wonder if anything Zeppelin is happenin. I see some space on the calender for all the mems late this year, and Bonzo Jr seems to be doing Zeppelin work. I think Zep is going to play a show. ha ha.  :beat: :beat:ha!

How can the horse be dead if the glue isn't in the bottle yet?

Ross' comments on his journal made me laugh today regarding him sitting down with Jimmy and Paul Stanley during the time of KISS' London concert and Janet Jackson caught PS' eye where he introduced Jimmy to her and that they are now going to record a new version of MJ's, "Beat It" with her. LOL!!!

I'm sure Ross reads the forum and thought that would get a big response (seeing how there was a ton of stuff with MJB previously).

Just Imagine Paul Stanley and Jimmy Page backing up Janet Jackson for "Beat It". :D

or, maybe it's true???? :blink::unsure::huh:

...maybe the world is going to end soon. Nah.

Like Oracle said above :"there's no accounting for taste".

R B)

Ross' comments on his journal made me laugh today regarding him sitting down with Jimmy and Paul Stanley during the time of KISS' London concert and Janet Jackson caught PS' eye where he introduced Jimmy to her and that they are now going to record a new version of MJ's, "Beat It" with her. LOL!!!

I'm sure Ross reads the forum and thought that would get a big response (seeing how there was a ton of stuff with MJB previously).

Just Imagine Paul Stanley and Jimmy Page backing up Janet Jackson for "Beat It". :D

or, maybe it's true???? :blink::unsure::huh:

...maybe the world is going to end soon. Nah.

Like Oracle said above :"there's no accounting for taste".

R B)

I don't think anything 'Michael Jackson' is bad ... probably not the most popular comment to make on this site, but I'm honest about my feelings. However, given the many projects I'd love to see Jimmy take part in, not the least of which is to see him tour as the main billing, and seeing as Eddie van Halen has already put his mark on Beat It, I'm hoping Jimmy will decide to tour soon - he has a legacy of his own work to share, no need to look elsewhere.

Speaking of EVH, I'm sure you've all seen this, but it still cracks me up everytime.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived