Whatcha reading?

Rock N' Rollin' Man

• 1 year later...

i haven't been able to find time to read for years now, and i miss it, but i read this book the other day. it's quite short, and in larger type, which is good for me ( i need glasses ). it only took a couple of hours to read.

of course it is disturbing and brought me close to tears a few times, but i believe these stories need to be told. i have no personal connections to the war, but i just can't imagine what these people went through.

these stories are told by people who went through the war as children. so so sad.

post-3695-0-64310300-1317765561_thumb.jp

• 2 months later...

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever

Is a trilogy of fantasy novels by Stephen R. Donaldson. It was followed by The Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, also a trilogy, and The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, a planned tetralogy.

Thomas Covenant, an embittered and cynical writer, afflicted with leprosy and shunned by society, is fated to become the heroic savior of The Land, an alternate world. In six novels published between 1977 and 1983, he struggles against the satanic Lord Foul, "The Despiser", who intends to escape the bondage of the physical universe and wreak revenge upon his arch-enemy, "The Creator". Some elements are similar to those found in Richard Wagner's epic "Ring Cycle" and in earlier Celtic literature, but with some of the values inverted.

Stephen R. Donaldson's works are infused with psychological undertones involving an exploration of the darker side of the protagonist Thomas Covenant whilst preserving strong humanist ideals. The contextual richness of the Land's varied geography, races, cultures and history enables all three series of the Chronicles to explore and expand upon an increasingly diverse and storied environment.

In 2004 Donaldson returned to the Chronicles with a new series, intended to be the last Chronicles.

Time machine by H. G. Wells!

I downloaded the movie and then I thought well I saw that many times before, I'll read the book this time!

The main characters thoughts are much more present then in the movie and therefore various philosophical issues! It's good!

It would be nice to have that kind of a machine, I would shure go to all Zeppelin shows!

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever

Is a trilogy of fantasy novels by Stephen R. Donaldson. It was followed by The Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, also a trilogy, and The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, a planned tetralogy.

Thomas Covenant, an embittered and cynical writer, afflicted with leprosy and shunned by society, is fated to become the heroic savior of The Land, an alternate world. In six novels published between 1977 and 1983, he struggles against the satanic Lord Foul, "The Despiser", who intends to escape the bondage of the physical universe and wreak revenge upon his arch-enemy, "The Creator". Some elements are similar to those found in Richard Wagner's epic "Ring Cycle" and in earlier Celtic literature, but with some of the values inverted.

Stephen R. Donaldson's works are infused with psychological undertones involving an exploration of the darker side of the protagonist Thomas Covenant whilst preserving strong humanist ideals. The contextual richness of the Land's varied geography, races, cultures and history enables all three series of the Chronicles to explore and expand upon an increasingly diverse and storied environment.

In 2004 Donaldson returned to the Chronicles with a new series, intended to be the last Chronicles.

It's clever you copied this from wikipedia without mentioning it, I was just beginning to admire your eloquent work when suddenly I got the idea that it might not be your piece of textual composition!

But it's not like your musical crticism would have any more credibility, if you would actually write about the book yourself!

Compose yourself!

Anway cheers, let's not cause anger here, you became much nicer lately! :friends:

Time machine by H. G. Wells!

I downloaded the movie and then I thought well I saw that many times before, I'll read the book this time!

The main characters thoughts are much more present then in the movie and therefore various philosophical issues! It's good!

It would be nice to have that kind of a machine, I would shure go to all Zeppelin shows!

One of my all time fave flicks from when I was a kid (I was 10 when it came out). Me and my friends had plans to make a time machine and our destinations were set. :^)

I'm currently reading a bio on artist Georges Seurat.

Currently reading Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. It's okay, but has a slow development (in my opinion). The first 3 chapters are quite boring, but then it gets good :)

But, because of my lovely Christmas pressies, I'm in an awkward situation. I got both the Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin biographies as well as this huge hardcover called 'Whole Lotta Led Zeppelin'. Best get reading then :D

• 1 month later...

Finished 'Dharma Bums' by Jack Kerouac and going to read 'Big Sur' by Kerouac. :)

cd31.jpg

I'm not sure if you've heard of this album but the deluxe edition comes with a copy of Big Sur as well as a documentary. The record itself consists of actual passages from Big Sur set to music by Jay Farrar (Son Volt, Uncle Tupelo) and Ben Gibbard (Death Cab For Cutie). Definitely one of my favorite albums of recent years. Here's a cut from the album as performed on WNYC's Soundcheck if you'd like to give it a listen:

cd31.jpg

I'm not sure if you've heard of this album but the deluxe edition comes with a copy of Big Sur as well as a documentary. The record itself consists of actual passages from Big Sur set to music by Jay Farrar (Son Volt, Uncle Tupelo) and Ben Gibbard (Death Cab For Cutie). Definitely one of my favorite albums of recent years. Here's a cut from the album as performed on WNYC's Soundcheck if you'd like to give it a listen:

Ooh thanks! I've only known about film but not about album. :) Do you know about 'On the Road' movie?

Archived