Bebe Buell Talks About Jimmy

kenog

I have posted this on the Trivia site because I appreciate that there are members who are not interested in anything about the band's personal life. I came across this exchange on the groupie website www.voy.com. The moderator/admin had a discussion in 2005 with Bebe Buell regarding her relationship with Jimmy, and asked her to go beyond what she had detailed in her autobiography 'Rebel Heart'. Ronnie Wood's house in Richmond seems to have been a hive of activity!!!

I hae copied the conversations over, but here are the links to the conversations:- http://www.voy.com/85692/2663.html http://www.voy.com/85692/2665.html

Subject: Re: Further analysis Author: RockGroupieCom [ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Date Posted: 17:39:41 03/03/05 Thu In reply to: Bebe 's message, "Re: Further analysis" on 09:51:28 03/03/05 Thu -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I wanted to ask you something about your whole Jimmy relationship thing. How long were you seeing him when this all happened? I know a person can only get so much detail in a book. So, when I read your book, things seemed to go from one quick meeting to a second meeting at a hotel then to a one- nighter then an invite to England and so forth. So I was wondering how long this all took to happen and how involved was it. He apparently started asking Pam DesBarres to marry him back in the day. From what I've read he strikes me as sort of an impulsive guy - like a guy who meets a girl and quickly jumps into "commitment talk" only to back out later. When reading Pam's book and your book, I got the impression he was just a guy that liked handing the girls a bunch of lines to get what he wanted. Nothing struck me as sincere in what he was saying.

Subject: Re: Further analysis Author: Bebe [ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Date Posted: 20:55:46 03/03/05 Thu In reply to: RockGroupieCom 's message, "Re: Further analysis" on 17:39:41 03/03/05 Thu -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I don't want to lay out the entire thing but we hung out about two weeks in LA and then another week or so in NYC before he went back to the UK and started courting me from there. So, I guess all in all, we hung out about 3 weeks before he started "sending" for me and making promises and such. All he asked is that I completely disengage from Todd. He took me to his houses- ALL of them. Scotland too. My favorite was the London house. And no, of course I couldn't fit the whole thing in my book. Everything had to be cut to pieces. You only have so many pages and thats it! One thing about him though is that he really does like being married- in a one on one relationship. What that entails is another story. When I was with him in LA he was not very nice to either Lori or Miss Pamela. He could be cold and distant. He told me he was never serious about Pamela. He did love Lori but he lost interest quickly for some reason. Maybe because she was so young at the time. I'm not sure. All I know is I never felt threatened by any of those girls when I was with him. He stuck very close by my side and proudly displayed me as his date for several important events. Events that he would not allow Lori or Pamela to attend. I really think that is why I wasn't well recieved by the LA girls because I didn't really know them and my BF's never wanted me to get to know them. I was like an outsider from NYC coming in and taking the men folk, HA! I was Todd's GF when Jimmy persued me full hog. He moved right in when I was having a spat with Todd in LA. He rescued me and then tried to keep me from the whole LA scene. We were glued together the whole time I was on the West Coast. Like I said, it was very romantic and he gave me flowers, took me shopping, gave me art books, jewelry- it was outrageous. He loved to brush my hair for long sittings. I've told the story many times- he even flew my pet racoon First Class from LA to NYC. Oh, and he got very jealous and MAD when my Playboy centerfold came out. It had Todd in it as my BF and Page would call me 10 times a day to yell and cry. He was so devestated that I posed nude. He and I started seeing each other in June of 1974 and my centerfold came out in Nov. 1974 so it was all shot by the time we began dating. I just never told him about it, HA! Honestly, I didn't know if I would make it into the magazine and becoming a Playmate was a big surprise- they tell you about three months before it comes out so I kind of knew but still wanted to keep hush about it. Anyway, thats all on this subject for me, HA! I hope he is good to his new wife and happy. She so looks like Lori when she was in her 20's. Lori was very very pretty in that same exotic way. She still looks pretty even today. I don't think Lori ever really fully recovered from her time with Page- she really loved the guy. The only big fight I ever had with Jimmy was over the awful way he treated that poor girl. It bothered me even though I was seeing him. I like Lori. I saw her about five years ago and she was still as sweet as ever and doing very well. She has a son too and no JP is not the father. Lori is about 46 years old now. > >I think Bill Clinton is much better looking than Page >has become. It is especially hard for me because I >dated Page when he was at his most glorious and divine >looking. 1973-74. He NEVER once tried to use whips or >any other stuff. He was very romantic and liked to be >extremely traditional. I sware I'm being honest too- >no joking here. Maybe I brought that out in him or >something but he was very normal in the bedroom >department- and VERY romantic! And when he wanted me >he dumped poor Lori like a hot potato when I'm sure he >could have easily had us both and neither of us would >have known it. He soured on me when I wouldn't dump >Todd all the way for him. He BEGGED me to leave Todd >and swore up and down he would be faithful to me. I >wanted to test the waters but that didn't fly. He ran >off with Ron Wood's wife instead and I ended up >spending the most fun month of my life living at >Woody's house in Richmond Hill while Todd was in India >on a spiritual quest. I got to be one of the boys as >they say! When Jimmy found out I was at Woody's he >called me and said he would send Chrissie Wood home if >I would leave Todd once and for all. I declined and >the rest is history. I'm glad I made the decision I >made because otherwise I would not have run off with >Steven and had my precious daughter. Everything >happens for a reason. BUT, that said, I almost did it. >I almost ran off with JP. He also wanted me to have >his child. I wasn't ready at 20 for that yet, HA!

Good on Bebe!!

And the part where she said, From what I've read he strikes me as sort of an impulsive guy - like a guy who meets a girl and quickly jumps into "commitment talk" only to back out later.

Is she sure she's talking about girl's or his solo music projects? :huh:

Good on Bebe!!

And the part where she said, From what I've read he strikes me as sort of an impulsive guy - like a guy who meets a girl and quickly jumps into "commitment talk" only to back out later.

Is she sure she's talking about girl's or his solo music projects? huh.gif

Oracle, the quote which you have put in italics is in fact part of the introductory comments made by the moderator/owner of the site when talking to Bebe. smile.gif The conversation is probably easier to follow if you use the web links I gave at the beginning. LOL.

Oracle, the quote which you have put in italics is in fact part of the introductory comments made by the moderator/owner of the site when talking to Bebe. smile.gif The conversation is probably easier to follow if you use the web links I gave at the beginning. LOL.

I'll rephrase,

Is the commenter sure Jimmy's talking about girls or his solo music projects. ;)

Better?

268905la2.jpg?w=500

Bebe Buell - Rebel Behind The Music

Playboy.com November 2001

PB: There's a passage in the book about Jimmy Page's weird penchant for "spewing saliva" into your mouth when you were having sex. Was that a control thing?

BB: I think that was his way of putting some of himself in me. But, really, it was very romantic. Jimmy was very romantic. [Most of the time] these guys were with women who would do anything. I think it was refreshing for them to entertain that romantic, little-girl fantasy I've always had. It was like a vacation, a day off. They didn't have to get out the whips.

BB: I think that was his way of putting some of himself in me.

I'm not going to be the one to say the obvious. And the other "obvious " is--romantic?

I'd really rather not know this stuff, but hey, nobody made me read the thread, I guess. No whips involved or anything.

Hi Stever,all,

I've got Bebe's name and number scrawled in a crew member's Outrider tour itinerary booklet. Apparently she was seeking tickets for his Centrum gig in Worcester, Massachusetts on 10/29/88. I've occasionally wondered if she did attend and/or had an opportunity to catch up to Jimmy. He did stay at the Four Seasons hotel in Boston for several nights on tour the following month and as I recall Bebe was living and/or working near Boston at the time.

I *think* that Bebe(and Liv) were living in Maine at that time,...

KB

My opinion, for what it is worth, has always been that Jimmy truly loved Pamela, Lori and Bebe, as well as the others, and they were considered by him to be his "girlfriends". He was not able to have a conventional boyfriend/girlfriend relationship due to his travelling and fame. And his shyness was also a factor in forming romantic relationships. What Bebe wrote reafirms my views. All he wanted was for the girls to be true and faithful to him, to be dedicated to him. But they couldn't wait around forever for Jimmy to call or to come to the US again, and they were in situations where they met other rock stars, so they formed relationships with them, too. This upset Jimmy, and he then looked for another "girlfriend", probably searching for someone else to be true to him. But he would not make the commitment to keep the girls faithful (engagement or marriage, lol), so they sought out others. It was a cycle. And of course, Jimmy had Charlotte in England, and it is not publicly known what their relationship was like and it is no one's business, as it is a private matter, but it complicated things with the girls in the US.

Bebe's comments confirms that Jimmy was a gentleman to her as did Pamela's comments about Jimmy. He did not treat them like "groupies", but more like his girlfriends. Circimstances prevented the longevity of their relationships. But I believe that he was interested in more than a one night stand with them. It is no one's business, only between Jimmy and the girls, but I think that the girls and Jimmy should not be criticized for it. I have sympathy for all parties. It's just too bad that it didn't work out for Jimmy to find true love. Just my opinion.

And of course, Jimmy had Charlotte in England, and it is not publicly known what their relationship was like and it is no one's business, as it is a private matter, but it complicated things with the girls in the US.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and mine is were it not for Charlotte and their daughter he may well have brought Lori home to England and their relationship would have continued a lot longer than it did.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't particularly like Bebe Buell, she comes across as being quite pompous...

Hi Taylore, Bebe may come across as being pompous (when I was much younger I thought that too) but I don't believe she's that way in real life - at least not now, at this stage in her life. When my friends and I have talked online about a band or a musician from NYC late 70s punk clubs Bebe has sometimes come in with a little comment - just sharing a small memory about someone from that scene. She always comes across as low key and I've never gotten the impression that she is bragging (although she very easily could brag). One of my friends sent her a message and Bebe took the time to graciously reply with a very sweet and warm message. She's also been very complimentary about other people, including other women, and hasn't name-dropped anyone, including Jimmy, in order to impress any of us. I think she is now at a place in her life where she is personally and professionally very content.

Hi Stever,all,

I *think* that Bebe(and Liv) were living in Maine at that time,...

KB

Hi KB, as of a year of two ago, Bebe and her husband still owned a home in southern Maine, on the coast. They may still have it - I don't know. You're from that part of the country so you know how beautiful it is up there. :)

Ho Sweetheart!All,... ;)

Hi KB, as of a year of two ago, Bebe and her husband still owned a home in southern Maine, on the coast. They may still have it - I don't know. You're from that part of the country so you know how beautiful it is up there. :)

"Tis lass.It is,... :D If any visit,give me shout.

I'll leave BB alone,she has been through enough!

KB

• 5 months later...

I've got Bebe's name and number scrawled in a crew member's Outrider tour itinerary booklet. Apparently she was seeking tickets for his Centrum gig in Worcester, Massachusetts on 10/29/88. I've occasionally wondered if she did attend and/or had an opportunity to catch up to Jimmy. He did stay at the Four Seasons hotel in Boston for several nights on tour the following month and as I recall Bebe was living and/or working near Boston at the time.

I was at that show.

Holy moley that site is freaky man. :blink:

Sheesh, and the "owner" keeps spouting off to people '"This is MY site" jeez, she sounds kinda bitchy.

And some of the little girls posting there crack me up.

"How do you become a groupie?" :hysterical:

I saw where Bebe chimed in about that Shivers dude....wow. FBI....stalking.....eww creepy.

I couldn't help myself and felt like a got an std just reading all that.

I'm just a little bit surprised that there are still some people who believe the (fantasy)stories of groupies like this.

Once I heard from someone who actually worked in the music scene that ''All of these ex-groupies have their own versions of stories and they never add up.All of groupie stuff is based upon a very short time (only a few years really) in Jimmy's life.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy moley that site is freaky man. :blink:

Sheesh, and the "owner" keeps spouting off to people '"This is MY site" jeez, she sounds kinda bitchy.

And some of the little girls posting there crack me up.

"How do you become a groupie?" :hysterical:

I saw where Bebe chimed in about that Shivers dude....wow. FBI....stalking.....eww creepy.

I couldn't help myself and felt like a got an std just reading all that.

Just to clarify (and I know you already know this Hotplant) - my friends and I have never been on that site...where we crossed paths with Bebe online is in a private group about the mid to late 1970s music scene (clubs, bands, people) that one of my friends started online. Bebe only came on once or twice to talk a little about Stiv. Nothing salacious at all. Just sweet stories about him. Jimmy's name has never been uttered by anyone there.

I'm just a little bit surprised that there are still some people who believe the (fantasy)stories of groupies like this.

Once I heard from someone who actually worked in the music scene that ''All of these ex-groupies have their own versions of stories and they never add up.All of groupie stuff is based upon a very short time (only a few years really) in Jimmy's life.

Hi Alice, people believe what they want to believe - and the more fantastic or sensational the stories, gossip, rumors, innuendos, the more attractive they are to certain people - it's what keeps reality shows and tabloid publications going. I have heard similar things from people who've actually worked in the music business (and worked with LZ) - there are so many different versions (including differing dates, places, people, etc.) that it's impossible to reconcile all of them.

Just to clarify (and I know you already know this Hotplant) - my friends and I have never been on that site...where we crossed paths with Bebe online is in a private group about the mid to late 1970s music scene (clubs, bands, people) that one of my friends started online. Bebe only came on once or twice to talk a little about Stiv. Nothing salacious at all. Just sweet stories about him. Jimmy's name has never been uttered by anyone there.

Hi Alice, people believe what they want to believe - and the more fantastic or sensational the stories, gossip, rumors, innuendos, the more attractive they are to certain people - it's what keeps reality shows and tabloid publications going. I have heard similar things from people who've actually worked in the music business (and worked with LZ) - there are so many different versions (including differing dates, places, people, etc.) that it's impossible to reconcile all of them.

Yeah and lots of them are true - and I know you will agree msg xxx

Yeah and lots of them are true - and I know you will agree msg xxx

I definitely agree that lots of those stories are true...an American rock journalist (who after nearly 40 years is still traveling and writing about bands) recently said to me, "MSG, if I wrote about everything I saw I'd never have lasted in this business." xo

• 3 years later...

i know that this is an old thread. i came across it when i was searching for something else...

i agree with this post.... i think that everyone has their own perspective about what happened and how significant it was.

bebe sounds pretty delusional about jimmy page. like she is trying to prove something, however just insisting that something happened does not make it so.

if he was serious about her {like wanting her to have his baby, lol}, would he have invited her to england only to run off with ron wood's wife? is that something that a reasonably sane person does when they care about someone deeply and they know that they will be arriving at their home?

the only person that he seems to have really been committed to was charlotte.

obviously this meant a lot more to the ladies than it did to jimmy. he never talks about any of them. ever. i think he might have called them "bimbos" collectively. interestingly enough, when he went to put his book together, the only two who made the cut were charlotte and jackie deshannon. charlotte is obviously a no-brainer since they had a long relationship, but i thought it was interesting that hue picked jackie over either of his subsequent wives....

Archived