New Zep Footage

Out of AUD boots, 1971-09-23 is one of my favorite concerts in terms of performance...the second half of it in particular. Great to see vid from it.

Highlighs are GTCalifornia and TTWay, which are my two favorite live versions period due to the mandolin fills and Roberts superb vocals, among other things. You can hear a bit of that "check it out, check it out,.." ditty at the beginning of Communication Breakdown in the video. Robert had to stop the song to get some rowdy person to cool down. And Whole Lotta Love has a killer Tobacco Road and a rare Good Times, Bad Times.

• Administrators

The fan who filmed the Landover footage (Vince) was thrown out by a huge security guard who warned him a few times to stop filming. Luckily, he was able to buy a scalper ticket and got back in, which is why you see the angle change to side-stage at Ten Years Gone. It's a shame because he had several reels of film ready for the show and was only able to do one.

The fan who filmed the Landover footage (Vince) was thrown out by a huge security guard who warned him a few times to stop filming. Luckily, he was able to buy a scalper ticket and got back in, which is why you see the angle change to side-stage at Ten Years Gone. It's a shame because he had several reels of film ready for the show and was only able to do one.

I dont know where they dug up those goons that guarded each curtain entrance. Paul Bunyan look alikes. I wanted no part of them. Just guarded my ticket with my life. Back to the seat and isnt the dude I came with smokiin Hash with two hotties. I havent seen him in thirty years but now hear he is gay. Go figure. Yikes. Too bad he didnt catch the clip of Plants shirt catching fire. The bottle rocket. Hey Ocean. Did you catch any of that smoke? ha. The parking lot brings back memories. I see the guys are from Utica. An hour and a half drive from me. East of syracuse. writing all over that war wagon hunk of blue junk. ha. At least they probably had a good supply of weed. Im lucky there were some nice people there to share. Imagine going through three and a half hours of a Led Zeppelin concert with no buzz!!!

Sam. you should ask Vince what the scalp ticket cost. Hell, I was offered $100 each at the door for mine. Ill bet he paid big time.

I tried to sync up accurate audio the best I could. :D

...your dedication much appreciated, the brief riff "Nobody's Fault but Mine" in the Landover Video took me back in time, a bit of Jolt, so very beautiful........

...Jesus Jimmy in Japan Video is well, very DIVINE ;) ;)

thanks, Sam.

Great footage there. Japan !!! :)

R B)

That was more than great!!! Always great to see new video. I got chills for the few seconds of Stairway, then Bonzo doing Moby Dick!!!!

There are simply no words to describe the sheer magnificence of those 4 on stage during the 70's. Thanks Sam and to Vince for sharing this :notworthy:

Did they confiscate any of his films? I wonder if more exists? I would be interested in any footage from this show as I was there. its just fascinating to get to see the place and the event that I was at now 33 years later. Its a wonder they could get anything inside. The security that night was very tight. Two guys frisked you when you came through with your ticket. I asked the guy real nice to tear my ticket neatly as I told him I wanted the stub as a keepsake. Luckily I got one that was understanding. I think it distracted him from checking my emroidered chianti jug on my shirt that had a joint stuffed in it. Not like it was Hawaiin or Sensimillan but it was better than mexican. We got in there early, just so full of adrenalin and anticipation, knowing this was the concert of concerts. I had to pinch myself to make sure I was really there. Not dreaming. And Presence had been released so we were wondering if they were going to do alot of Presence. I love all the albums and Presence too, but I was just hoping for lots of Physical Grafitti and they did not disappoint. Of course we knew the early classics were going to be played and we really looked forward to the acoustic set. Being a big fan of III and also songs like Black Country Woman it was great. And Going to California. Lets not forget that one. Was always one of my favorites. What an experience. It was a dream of a lifetime to get to see them. I hope that guy enjoyed Elvis back in Rochester./ Ha. He wanted to trade the Landover tickets for Elvis tickets but he must have felt sorry for me. I begged him litteraly. And he had Led zepp tickets for Madison Sqaure Garden where we had hoped to get tickets. But when he said Washington DC i was not going to be choosy. Its like, wow, I cant believe I got tickets for Zeppelin. Many a local DJ here still eat there hearts out. Never got to see them. They had hung their hats on the Buffalo concert that never happened. (in 77). Thanks again, Sam for this one. A very special night for me.

In the live performance in Japan September 23, 1971 footage/video @ 33 sec to 43 sec is where Eddie Van Halen got his idea from the Eruption solo i sweat Van Halen and Page are long lost brothers lol to me they two can both pass for brothers lol

Archived