What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

Actually it seems everytime I watch this I think - it's not that bad! Too much of a bad reputation! Great minds Sue! ;) Glad to see around so much lately! :peace:

NFBM - Seattle DVD - 7/17/77

I actually feel like this show gets picked on a bit too much. And I really like the NBFBM from this show, though I feel the camera focuses a bit too much on Robert for this song.

Now I'm listening to all of Oakland 1970/09/02

I actually feel like this show gets picked on a bit too much. And I really like the NBFBM from this show, though I feel the camera focuses a bit too much on Robert for this song.

Now I'm listening to all of Oakland 1970/09/02

If you LISTEN to Seattle, you will find that this is a pretty good show. Watching it points out all of its flaws, just seeing Jimmy makes me cringe.

I think Oakland '70 is a better show than LA '70, even though LA is one of my favorite shows. Just not as good of a recording.

If you LISTEN to Seattle, you will find that this is a pretty good show. Watching it points out all of its flaws, just seeing Jimmy makes me cringe.

I think Oakland '70 is a better show than LA '70, even though LA is one of my favorite shows. Just not as good of a recording.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. After my good friend Strider sent me a copy of 'Conquering Kingdome' I was finally able to hear it in lossless quality. Though I am curious, is there a decent matrix of the soundtrack and audience tape out there?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. After my good friend Strider sent me a copy of 'Conquering Kingdome' I was finally able to hear it in lossless quality. Though I am curious, is there a decent matrix of the soundtrack and audience tape out there?

There is a matrix, but I wouldn't call it decent :lol: The Seattle video soundtrack/AUD matrix was done by the same guy who did the 26/5/77 SBD/AUD matrix...it's not exactly in sync in places (a "Sloppy Slumpy" matrix as I call it). Really, Sue, if yer innarested in hearing Seattle from a different perspective, just track down the 1st gen "Bill B" AUD recording, I greatly prefer it to the dry-ass sounding video soundtrack.

Count me as another person who can't stand the pro-shot video. Three and a half hours of Jimmy Page looking like some kinda zombie out of a George Romero movie isn't my idea of a good time...

There is a matrix, but I wouldn't call it decent :lol: The Seattle video soundtrack/AUD matrix was done by the same guy who did the 26/5/77 SBD/AUD matrix...it's not exactly in sync in places (a "Sloppy Slumpy" matrix as I call it). Really, Sue, if yer innarested in hearing Seattle from a different perspective, just track down the 1st gen "Bill B" AUD recording, I greatly prefer it to the dry-ass sounding video soundtrack.

Count me as another person who can't stand the pro-shot video. Three and a half hours of Jimmy Page looking like some kinda zombie out of a George Romero movie isn't my idea of a good time...

I heard about that matrix, and I sampled it on a certain mp3 database, and yeah, it wasn't too good. I read some notes from the maker and he didn't sound to confident in his own product either. I have the audience source saved somewhere in a folder, I haven't given it a listen in some time. About the footage, Jimmy never really started looking that bad to me until '79. At least in '77, he only looked bad in a certain light, by Knebworth, he looked like crap. My only real complaints about the footage of Seattle is the fact that the camera were generally allergic to Jones, focused to much on Jimmy, is comprised solely of close-ups, has cliché (even for '77) checkerboard wipes, and has those stupid freeze-frame images after (or even during, in the case of 'No Quarter') nearly every song.

Edited by Sue Dounim