John Paul Jones

lzzoso

We all know the incredible contributions and talent(s) that John Paul Jones made as member of Led Zeppelin. Bass Player, Keyboardist and Arranger extraodinaire of many of Led Zeppelin greatest songs. The song-writing of Led Zeppelin songs were not necessarily reflected in the credits. Most of us know that John Paul Jones deserves more acknowledgment than what was reflected in most of the credits on alot of Led Zeppelin's Music. Jimmy and Robert get more song-writng credits on about 2/3 of the Their whole Musical catalog. Of course In Through the Our Door is a different story.

My whole point of this is that John Paul Jones has a song-writing credit on 4 of my top 5 Led Zeppelin songs:

"In the Light"

"Since I've Been Loving You"

"No Quarter"

"Achilles Last Stand" (Page/Plant)

"Communication Breakdown"

Of course there are more John Paul Jones credited songs with Led Zeppelin that are classics and Great in there own right, however, I feel that these are MY favorite Led Zeppelin songs. (That is those that IF I had to choose to make my top 5).

"Of course there are more John Paul Jones credited songs with Led Zeppelin that are classics and Great in there own right, however, I feel that these are MY favorite Led Zeppelin songs. (That is those that IF I had to choose to make my top 5)".

I actually really do LOVE every songs that Led Zeppelin ever recorded. I just said that IF I had to choose those would be my top 5 songs. As it happens John Paul Jones is given a song-writing credit on 4 of those 5.

That being said, I am not dismissing or forgetting any John Paul Jone's co-authored Led Zeppelin song(s). I just said that:

"In the Light"

"No Quarter"

"Communication Breakdown" are my 4 of 5 favorite Led Zeppelin songs.

Speaking of John Paul Jones, is it him who sings the verse "Little drops of rain whisper of the pain, tears of loves lost in the days gone by. My love is trong, with you there is no wrong, together we shall go until we die." in "Thank You" ?

We can clearly hear a second voice used here which is not Robert's.

In the parts "tears of loves lost in the days gone by" and "together we shall go until we die" I even tend to think that the backing vocals are doubled.

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of John Paul Jones, is it him who sings the verse "Little drops of rain whisper of the pain, tears of loves lost in the days gone by. My love is trong, with you there is no wrong, together we shall go until we die." in "Thank You" ?

In the parts "tears of loves lost in the days gone by" and "together we shall go until we die" I even tend to think that the backing vocals are doubled.

It is Robert Plant. (Overdub)

I think the second voice is Jimmy's.

Not sure. Always assumed it was Pagey.

We all know the incredible contributions and talent(s) that John Paul Jones made as member of Led Zeppelin. Bass Player, Keyboardist and Arranger extraodinaire of many of Led Zeppelin greatest songs. The song-writing of Led Zeppelin songs were not necessarily reflected in the credits. Most of us know that John Paul Jones deserves more acknowledgment than what was reflected in most of the credits on alot of Led Zeppelin's Music. Jimmy and Robert get more song-writng credits on about 2/3 of the Their whole Musical catalog. Of course In Through the Our Door is a different story.

My whole point of this is that John Paul Jones has a song-writing credit on 4 of my top 5 Led Zeppelin songs:

"In the Light"

"No Quarter"

"Achilles Last Stand" (Page/Plant)

"Communication Breakdown"

Of course there are more John Paul Jones credited songs with Led Zeppelin that are classics and Great in there own right, however, I feel that these are MY favorite Led Zeppelin songs. (That is those that IF I had to choose to make my top 5).

Ah,yes, 'No Quarter', the thinking man's favourite Led Zeppelin song!

I know what you mean by your post, however, I think that the thinking Man's song of any Led Zeppelin songs would, in my opinion, have to be "In the Light", "Stairway to Heaven", or "Kashmir" (and perhaps "Nobody's Fault But Mine"). I say this because the lyrics to these songs can and have been interpreted in so many different ways. Of course my opinion will probably differ from alot of others.

Sounds like another thread topic to me - "what song represents the thinking man's favorite Zeppelin song and why?" :lol:

• 2 years later...

"Of course there are more John Paul Jones credited songs with Led Zeppelin that are classics and Great in there own right, however, I feel that these are MY favorite Led Zeppelin songs. (That is those that IF I had to choose to make my top 5)".

I actually really do LOVE every songs that Led Zeppelin ever recorded. I just said that IF I had to choose those would be my top 5 songs. As it happens John Paul Jones is given a song-writing credit on 4 of those 5.

That being said, I am not dismissing or forgetting any John Paul Jone's co-authored Led Zeppelin song(s). I just said that:

"In the Light"

"No Quarter"

"Communication Breakdown" are my 4 of 5 favorite Led Zeppelin songs.

I agree with "all Due Respect".

Archived