Official Website differences

Ok, I have insomnia!

Now that Jimmy has premiered his official website I have been looking at Robert and John Paul Jones sites also.

Here are a few of the things I found ...

All 3 have their Symbol from IV prominently displayed on their front page. (Robert tricked me for a moment but I found it!)

Robert's is now "real" and has been modified! No circle!

Discography-wise, Robert has NOTHING from Zep.

Jonesy and Jimmy have it all.

Robert has a store.

Jonesy and Jimmy do not.

Robert's links page is full of charitable organizations!

JPJ has some very cool links, including one to this amazing site!!!! (he always flies cool under the radar!)

Jimmy has no links or links page!

Judging by most photos available for viewing:

John Paul Jones has more post-Zep pics but has a nice gallery of Zep era pics!

Robert's two favorite Photo Decades were the 1980s and the 2000s

Jimmy has more Zeppelin era photos than anything else.

Jimmy has the lovely and exciting, ON THIS DAY... feature with a diary, audio, photos, and other lagniappe we absolutely love!!!

Robert has a very cool multimedia page with a myriad of featured items in various formats from all over his solo career!!!

JPJ has a very cool multimedia page, also. In addition he has a forum... AND JPJ T.V. and MUSEUM is coming soon!! (I told you he always flies cool under the radar!)

Anyone else, thoughts?

1227.gif

Sadly enough

I hate to say it but Jimmy Lives in the past

Robert, and Jonsey, continue to move on and produce good music

Like all of us Jimmy is waiting for a big reunion tour

Jimmy should have put out tons of good music by now

Just My Thoughts

No disrespect to your post

Sadly enough

Just My Thoughts

I personally think it's cool that at least someone keeps trace of the Led Zeppelin legacy. Jimmy is well aware of the fact that Led Zeppelin left behind a huge legacy and that there's still demand for their music, pics etc.. In the end he's giving the fans what they want, one by one. I do not like the way Robert deals with his past as the lead singer. I see no harm in moving on, that's not the point, but I do see harm in him totally denying the fact that if he hadn't sung in Led Zeppelin he probably woudn't be who he is today. I appreciate him as a musician and the way he goes musically, but he should be careful with constantly putting Led Zeppelin down as just another band in his musical career, cause it clearly wasn't. Maybe that's his kind of defence-mechanism, who knows. Jimmy keeps the Led Zeppelin thing alive and I give him the credit that is due for that, nothing more, nothing less. When I watch videos of Led Zep in any period I can see soooo many smiles in Jimmy's face like nowhere else. I think he never got over the fact that Led Zeppelin simply stopped to exist so abruptly. Maybe that's the reason he still has his hopes up for a reunion and will never stop having them. Just my two cents..

P.S.: You have to look back in order to move forwards..

I personally think it's cool that at least someone keeps trace of the Led Zeppelin legacy. Jimmy is well aware of the fact that Led Zeppelin left behind a huge legacy and that there's still demand for their music, pics etc.. In the end he's giving the fans what they want, one by one. I do not like the way Robert deals with his past as the lead singer. I see no harm in moving on, that's not the point, but I do see harm in him totally denying the fact that if he hadn't sung in Led Zeppelin he probably woudn't be who he is today. I appreciate him as a musician and the way he goes musically, but he should be careful with constantly putting Led Zeppelin down as just another band in his musical career, cause it clearly wasn't. Maybe that's his kind of defence-mechanism, who knows. Jimmy keeps the Led Zeppelin thing alive and I give him the credit that is due for that, nothing more, nothing less. When I watch videos of Led Zep in any period I can see soooo many smiles in Jimmy's face like nowhere else. I think he never got over the fact that Led Zeppelin simply stopped to exist so abruptly. Maybe that's the reason he still has his hopes up for a reunion and will never stop having them. Just my two cents..

Well said ZepRex and spot on.

I've been in the Music Business for 40+ years, as a buyer of LPs, CDs and DVDs and i can tell you that Most singers have Egos as big as their bank accounts, as the bank account gets bigger so does the ego, not so much with Musicians though but all the singers i have ever known, and there have been many, their egos have been there downfall.

Regards, Danny

I'm not waiting for a reunion tour. If one happens, that'd be great but I'm not waiting for one. What I'd actually like to see is Page finally delivering on releasing some new music, which he has been promising for so very long now. I thought some news of it might materialize with the debut of the website but alas, nothing.

I appreciate him as a musician and the way he goes musically, but he should be careful with constantly putting Led Zeppelin down as just another band in his musical career, cause it clearly wasn't.

Plant "constantly" puts Zeppelin down? That's a new one on me. So, his site doesn't make mention of his time in Led Zeppelin, maybe because it's meant to focus on his solo career? The webmaster here has a hand in that site, so maybe he could shed some light on that aspect of it. It's not as though Plant designed it himself.

....Most singers have Egos as big as their bank accounts, as the bank account gets bigger so does the ego, not so much with Musicians though but all the singers i have ever known, and there have been many, their egos have been there downfall.

So, if Plant wanted to increase his bank account, don't you think he'd actually pursue a big money reunion tour with the other surviving members of Led Zeppelin? Instead, he's following his heart by pursuing his true muse. It doesn't have a damn thing to do with $$$$$.

The differences in their websites go along with their personalities. Jimmy is very guarded, JPJ is a very versatile man and Robert is stubborn but can be giving on his terms.

As for any kind of future for Zeppelin, all we have is speculation. We should just sit back and enjoy the what the members individually bring to the music scene and enjoy what they gave us from 68-80.

Robert has always been quite proud of his past - clearly he includes it in his performances. I've not ever heard him say to the contrary. He's just chosen not to stay stuck in it. It's a part of his history just as his performing Tall Cool One or In the Mood. To say he'd not be where he is today without Zep I'm not sure that's necessarily the case. He was already making waves at the time he met Jimmy. If that hadn't worked out, he'd have made his mark somewhere.

Interesting analysis, Bayougal.

I didn't know any of this, because I've never had even the slightest inclination to visit RP's website (or JPJ's, for that matter), and I don't see that changing anytime soon. He has totally removed himself from the type of music to which I can relate.

The differences in their websites go along with their personalities. Jimmy is very guarded, JPJ is a very versatile man and Robert is stubborn but can be giving on his terms.

As for any kind of future for Zeppelin, all we have is speculation. We should just sit back and enjoy the what the members individually bring to the music scene and enjoy what they gave us from 68-80.

I appreciate everyone's responses!!!

I agree Ms. Mel!!!

Their sites reveal so much about them.

I hopelessly love all 3 guys and what they do for all the various reasons, like I love Zep!

I know Jimmy is not as active as Rob and JPJ, but he has still had an amazing career and all of them have a very proud legacy both with Zep and their variouse other endeavors!!!

As far as Robert, I think he recognizes and respects his amazing past with Zep. And i am sure for him especially some of the memories during those last few years are hard to deal with.

But as he always says, he is interested in exploring new things and he does!

His set for Jazz Fest this year was FULL of Zep songs that he rocked!

And I just know Jimmy has much more in store to give! His site gives me so much encouragement that soon new music will be on the way!

As for JPJ, he is just getting cooler and cooler with every decision musically that he makes! Gotta love JPJ!!!

Peace from the bayou!

1227.gif

Jahfin's point is, Led Zep 3 is half folk. Folk is what Plant plays right now. Give 3 a few spins and you might appreciate Band of Joy more.

Not necessarily true of Zep 3 but the Band of Joy record also features some Middle Eastern textures which you can find in Zeppelin's sound throughout various other points in their career.

Sadly enough

Just My Thoughts

None taken, at all Cousin!

1227.gif

Peace from the bayou!

Jahfin's point is, Led Zep 3 is half folk. Folk is what Plant plays right now. Give 3 a few spins and you might appreciate Band of Joy more.

Sorry but I can't at all see the relevance. I LOVE Led Zeppelin III cause it was the first album I ever heard, mainly because it's so versatile and I like the songs. What Robert does now is pretty relevant as well, but to compare it to Led Zeppelin III?? No way, well, not in my book. I must say that I don't enjoy Band of Joy as he is such a gifted musician in writing lyrics and composing it, so he goes out and does an album full of covers. Yes, I know, he thinks it's right so we all have to go with the flow. It's not bad music, just not my cuppa tea. I don't even think he has a big ego, maybe he knows how big Led Zep still is and he just doesn't know how to deal with it? I don't know, wherever he goes musically, I'll follow his career cause I like him a lot..

Going back on topic: I certainly agree that the websites of the 3 individuals reveal a great deal of their character, so the differences between them are inevitable. The Golden God is stubborn as always, Jimmy is being very mysterious and JPJ, well, he's somewhere in-between lol. I enjoy all 3 for different reasons :rolleyes:

Sorry but I can't at all see the relevance. I LOVE Led Zeppelin III cause it was the first album I ever heard, mainly because it's so versatile and I like the songs. What Robert does now is pretty relevant as well, but to compare it to Led Zeppelin III?? No way, well, not in my book. I must say that I don't enjoy Band of Joy as he is such a gifted musician in writing lyrics and composing it, so he goes out and does an album full of covers. Yes, I know, he thinks it's right so we all have to go with the flow. It's not bad music, just not my cuppa tea. I don't even think he has a big ego, maybe he knows how big Led Zep still is and he just doesn't know how to deal with it? I don't know, wherever he goes musically, I'll follow his career cause I like him a lot..

Going back on topic: I certainly agree that the websites of the 3 individuals reveal a great deal of their character, so the differences between them are inevitable. The Golden God is stubborn as always, Jimmy is being very mysterious and JPJ, well, he's somewhere in-between lol. I enjoy all 3 for different reasons :rolleyes:

Imagine what a John Bonham site would have...

Suprisingly, there is very little activity on John Paul Jones' official forum. I thought there would be alot more people from here there...

Ok, I have insomnia!

Now that Jimmy has premiered his official website I have been looking at Robert and John Paul Jones sites also.

Here are a few of the things I found ...

All 3 have their Symbol from IV prominently displayed on their front page. (Robert tricked me for a moment but I found it!)

Robert's is now "real" and has been modified! No circle!

Discography-wise, Robert has NOTHING from Zep.

Jonesy and Jimmy have it all.

Robert has a store.

Jonesy and Jimmy do not.

Robert's links page is full of charitable organizations!

JPJ has some very cool links, including one to this amazing site!!!! (he always flies cool under the radar!)

Jimmy has no links or links page!

Judging by most photos available for viewing:

John Paul Jones has more post-Zep pics but has a nice gallery of Zep era pics!

Robert's two favorite Photo Decades were the 1980s and the 2000s

Jimmy has more Zeppelin era photos than anything else.

Jimmy has the lovely and exciting, ON THIS DAY... feature with a diary, audio, photos, and other lagniappe we absolutely love!!!

Robert has a very cool multimedia page with a myriad of featured items in various formats from all over his solo career!!!

JPJ has a very cool multimedia page, also. In addition he has a forum... AND JPJ T.V. and MUSEUM is coming soon!! (I told you he always flies cool under the radar!)

Anyone else, thoughts?

1227.gif

Imagine what a John Bonham site would have...

I wonder had he lived, if he would even have one.

He seems to have been the type to say all what he had to say on the stage! :)

Peace from the bayou! Peace to JHB and his family!

1227.gif

Archived