Do you like

Zeppelin Led

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Hats Off To Roy Harper ?

I really love this song. It is a very well done cover of Bukka White's "Shak 'em on Down"

How can It be a cover of shake em on down when most of the lyrics are from Lone Wolf Blues.

Its really just a jam song it isn't a cover exactly its just some blues tunes bashed together with an original Guitar part.

If anyone would like to hear page's influence for the Slide parts of HOTRH.

How can It be a cover of shake em on down when most of the lyrics are from Lone Wolf Blues.

Its really just a jam song it isn't a cover exactly its just some blues tunes bashed together with an original Guitar part.

If anyone would like to hear page's influence for the Slide parts of HOTRH.

Thanks for that piece of the puzzle, my awarenes of the song was that it was taken form Bukka White but it doesn't suprise me that some of the lyrics were from other songs.

Thanks for that piece of the puzzle, my awarenes of the song was that it was taken form Bukka White but it doesn't suprise me that some of the lyrics were from other songs.

Yes I always thought it was a jam song revolving around Bukka's Lyrics(Well I've hear that its a hill song that bukka covered)But Then I realized about the others

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, I really like this song. Led Zeppelin III is one of my favourite albums by Led Zeppelin. Whenever I listen to Led Zeppelin III and when "Hats Off To Roy Harper" is about to come on, I think "Now for the grand finale!" (no pun intended here!). What I really love about this song is the sound of the slide guitar! :) IMHO, songs like these go on to prove that the Blues indeed played a major role in influencing the musical direction the band was taking at the time! :)

• 6 months later...

It is one of my top 10 least liked Led Zeppelin songs. Is it a good song? Yes, it's just so different from everything else, and in my opinion does not really fit in with the rest of the songs on LZ III.

The one thing I don't like is the stereo separation, when listening on headphones it is very distracting and fatiguing, a mono mix of the song is much better.

Edited by publicenemy3

• 2 weeks later...