Jimmy Looked Cool.

Jimmy's looked cool since the day he was born. He was cool when he was a skiffle-playing little kid with a giant guitar and he'll be cool until the day he dies and hundreds of thousands of women from all over the world travel to his funeral to cry their eyes out.

When you get to a certain age, how good you look is more smoke and mirrors than anything else. The video processing effects were definitely a part of that attempt. Unfortunately in the heat of a rock performance, you can't keep up the mirage forever.

A picture is worth a thousand words here. I found this particular image to be heartbreaking to see because you mentally connect this image to his youthful self in The Song Remains the Same:

2102574539efe7a23abbmr6.jpg

If you showed someone this picture back in 1973 they would not think it's Jimmy Page.

:(

Here he is just 7 years ago. Much better:

bc062401.jpg

He looks a LOT better than Chris Squire though:

78357803zo5.jpg

He's either morphing into a pelican or is a poster-child for facelifts.

Plant was bored and Jimmy was unable to solo. Give it up. They relied on special effects, a state of the art sound system and tape loops to pull it off. Jimmy was so bad! He cant play but anything he does gets praise. It;s such a joke. Listening to that crap Mon was embarressing!

Plant was bored and Jimmy was unable to solo. Give it up. They relied on special effects, a state of the art sound system and tape loops to pull it off. Jimmy was so bad! He cant play but anything he does gets praise. It;s such a joke. Listening to that crap Mon was embarressing!

Beneath commenting on. *Yawn*

Jimmy's looked cool since the day he was born. He was cool when he was a skiffle-playing little kid with a giant guitar and he'll be cool until the day he dies and hundreds of thousands of women from all over the world travel to his funeral to cry their eyes out.

Oh yeah! Jimmy is one cool cat. Inside and out.

DITTO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what, your so right. Your post has changed my life. Up till now I've always believed the guy could play live in concert, as he has done since 1959. But no, you

Pearl, with your fifth post to the official Led Zeppelin site, have shattered all my

illusions about Jimmy. I'm selling off all I got and going to the Spice Girls gig if it's the

last thing I do. And I want you to join me because I bet you've got the best tickets.

:)

You know what, your so right. Your post has changed my life. Up till now I've always believed the guy could play live in concert, as he has done since 1959. But no, you

Pearl, with your fifth post to the official Led Zeppelin site, have shattered all my

illusions about Jimmy. I'm selling off all I got and going to the Spice Girls gig if it's the

last thing I do. And I want you to join me because I bet you've got the best tickets.

:)

MAN OH MAN YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH! Well said Steve!!!! thank you!

Pearl must have been at a different show or something....... :huh:

Iriquidian-

What you mentioned here was from me. Yes the 1977 show was dissapointing because of the circumstances. I bought about $300 worth of 300 level tickets for this Kingdome show. My friends said they would re-imburse me, but then Led Zep came out "much later" with more 100 level tickets, and my friends left me holding the bag. I was seventeen then, and $300 was alot of money. I still have the actual 300 level tickets, they are beige about 2.5" by 5" and have the SwanSong logo/flying ManBird on the face. I didn't expect anything but a good show, and to not get screwed. Do you have anything more brilliant or funny to say?

Jon

GIL-

Yep, thats the ticket, except mine have the SwanSong logo, printed in Red and Black? :blink::blink::blink:

Jon

Any tickets with red ink on them from the '77 tour contain the band's blood. If you

turn out all the lights, hold it up to a mirror and say Do What Thou Wilt three times

you'll have an uninvited demon in your home. However, they're very quiet and always

pick up after themselves.

Any tickets with red ink on them from the '77 tour contain the band's blood. If you

turn out all the lights, hold it up to a mirror and say Do What Thou Wilt three times

you'll have an uninvited demon in your home. However, they're very quiet and always

pick up after themselves.

Dude-

Your freakin me out! I know about Jimmy and Allistair Crowley, but I have to sleep at night, so just stop it. After all everybody dies.

STOP your FREAKIN me out! lol!

Jonny B. Goode :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

When you get to a certain age, how good you look is more smoke and mirrors than anything else. The video processing effects were definitely a part of that attempt. Unfortunately in the heat of a rock performance, you can't keep up the mirage forever.

A picture is worth a thousand words here. I found this particular image to be heartbreaking to see because you mentally connect this image to his youthful self in The Song Remains the Same:

2102574539efe7a23abbmr6.jpg

If you showed someone this picture back in 1973 they would not think it's Jimmy Page.

:(

Here he is just 7 years ago. Much better:

bc062401.jpg

He looks a LOT better than Chris Squire though:

78357803zo5.jpg

He's either morphing into a pelican or is a poster-child for facelifts.

Sort of a mean spirited post. I think the point is that Jimmy is old and he still looks like the effin coolest man on the planet. Your picture proves nothing.

Archived