2012 NFL Thread

Walter

^ Yeah, but Brady Quinn???

:wtf:

Quinn could be a huge surprise. He was very good incollege, seems like he never got a full test in the Pros. I agree with DAS, let's see what he's got. I think though, he may be pretty rusty...it's been a real long time since he's played a game.

Is the Niner defense that good or are the last two teams they've played that bad?

I asked a guy this at work, saying the 49ers have outscored their last three opponents by a combined 126-9 (or thereabouts). He said he felt like they haven't played a top flight team yet, so don't bet the house on the Niners just yet. My feeling is they are VERY good, and VERY hungry. I expect they'll get to the playoffs again, and maybe even the SB. they look THAT good, IMHO.

Atlanta and Houston are NOT surprises. The Vikings are a huge surprise.

I thought Matt Ryan would hit the wall, and Houston were gonna disappoint after getting to the Postseason last year - a "1 and done" kinda thing. How wrong could I be?!

Is the Niner defense that good or are the last two teams they've played that bad?
They've been good so far, but little brother Eli is gonna be trying to work his 4th Quarter magic on 'em this week, let's see how they cope with his trademark 'play bad for 55 minutes and then win it on the last Drive' Offense

I think this Sunday will tell us all we need to know about the 49ers. If they beat the Giants then I will say they are legit.

Its a revenge game, remember they blew a trip to the Super Bowl on a fumble on a kickoff. They are a legit contender. What else do they have to prove? They beat the Giants in the regular season and beat themselves. Lets not forget, the super bowl champions of a year ago had a 9-7 record. Not exactly anything to be overly impressed with. When they have won the Super Bowl they have been just as lucky as good. Like that time, WIDE RIGHT.

:'(

He means that Detroit Lion Hall of Famer Alex Karras has just died of Kidney failure. Alex went on to acting...playing 'Mongo' in "Blazing Saddles" and appearing in "Paper Lion" and the Webster TV show, among other things. Also had a stint on Monday Night Football announcing team.

http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml?pageType=sports&url=http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-57529626/alex-karras-former-star-nfl-lineman-and-actor-dies-at-77/&catid=57529626

RIP Alex Karras.

He means that Detroit Lion Hall of Famer Alex Karras has just died of Kidney failure. Alex went on to acting...playing 'Mongo' in "Blazing Saddles" and appearing in "Paper Lion" and the Webster TV show, among other things. Also had a stint on Monday Night Football announcing team.

http://m.cbsnews.com...&catid=57529626

RIP Alex Karras.

I know,......

During one of his early games with the Lions, they were losing but scored a touchdown in the last 10 seconds of the game. Yepremian was sent in to kick the extra point, and he was so excited after converting the point that he went running off the field with his arms raised in celebration. Teammate Alex Karras asked Yepremian, "What the hell are you celebrating?" Yepremian replied with a phrase made famous on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson: "I keek a touchdown".

Later that season in the Lions' locker room, Karras would take his helmet and throw it full blast at Yepremian, just missing his head.

One Sunday in the 1960s, the Lions were playing the Bears. These were hotly contested games with plenty of shoving and quick punching, some gouging. And Karras was known to deliver a kick or two. The right guard charged with trying to block Karras would wind up bruised, battered.

On this Sunday, Karras barreled over the right guard, a blurred vision in front of him. Alex knocked the guy flat and kept doing it, sometimes trampling his opponent.

"Alex, Alex, what are you doing?" said the beleaguered Bear.

"This is your brother Ted."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121010/OPINION03/210100399#ixzz28umbxTmR

One Sunday in the 1960s, the Lions were playing the Bears. These were hotly contested games with plenty of shoving and quick punching, some gouging. And Karras was known to deliver a kick or two. The right guard charged with trying to block Karras would wind up bruised, battered.

On this Sunday, Karras barreled over the right guard, a blurred vision in front of him. Alex knocked the guy flat and kept doing it, sometimes trampling his opponent.

"Alex, Alex, what are you doing?" said the beleaguered Bear.

"This is your brother Ted."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitne...9#ixzz28umbxTmR

Too bad Alex isnt here now. I remember him after Dempsey kicked that 63 yard field goal. Karras said "God kicked that field goal". Maybe he did with a clubbed foot, still the most impressive kick ever. The Lions need another Karras. Their defense has been their undoing. they have damn good offense. Waiting for them to put it all together and hoping they do. I really thought they could win that division this year. Maybe they still can? A rare outdoor win at Philly would help.

The Lions need another Karras. Their defense has been their undoing. they have damn good offense. Waiting for them to put it all together and hoping they do. I really thought they could win that division this year. Maybe they still can? A rare outdoor win at Philly would help.

But that's what I was talking about: Bears *and* Vikings 4-1! And Green Bay 2-3, something like that. There's still a long way to go, but that whole Division could be the craziest all Season long

Still can't get over how sh!t the AFC South is, Houston's gonna be Division winners by November

Pittsburgh losing 13-10 to the Titans and Big Ben just got picked off. :faint1:

I love to see Pittsburgh lose but I know they are always deadly. Even away they seem to have a home field advantage in some venues. Go Titans, My 2nd favorite team ( any team playing Pittsburgh).

RIP Mr. Karras. Thanks for the memories.

I remember he was on I think Johnny Carson one time and Tony Randall was sitting next to Karras who was smoking a cigar and Randall was totally annoyed with it which only made karras blow more smoke his way. :lol:

Archived