Too many reasons for loving Jimmy Page?

He is my favorite member of the band yes.. As much as I love the whole band, Jimmy will always stand out to me... why do you guys love him?

• He always has this mysterious air about him. Dark. Intoxicating. Puzzling. He will never tell anyone too much. And he likes it that way. It’s as if he has control of every aspect of his surroundings, watching the madness unfold as if he was the creator himself.
  • He’s classy.
  • He’s incredibly intelligent. Philosophy. Religion. Politics. It was always said that he had a book in his hand. I admire intelligence.
  • He’s driven. He knew what he wanted and stopped at nothing to get it.
  • He’s confident. Borderline cocky. Which I actually don’t mind on the right person. “I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing.”
  • He’s an amazing composer. He’s taken works from all over the world: Sitar tunings from India, minor jig compositions from Ireland, deep southern blues structures from the US, and has spun them into amazing music. Blues, classical, flamenco, world, progressive, proto-punk - his styles are innumerable.
  • The legend aspect. (Touched upon in the first bullet.) Between mudsharks, human sacrifices with the devil, and the Boleskine house, there must be nearly 50 myths surrounding one man - one musician. And, curiously, he refuses to talk about any of them.
  • His stare. Those eyes.
  • Pink. Velvet. Pants.
  • Scarves.
  • His constant comparisons of guitars to the sexual aspects of a woman. Even now.
  • His hair. Black or white.
  • His admitted studies in Thelema. I find that fascinating.
  • His appreciation for art and antiques. And the fact that he went to art school.
  • The way he holds/used to hold his cigarettes.
  • The way he completely denies ever being able to sing even though he definitely knows how to sing.
  • His accent.
  • The feelings he displays when he’s playing. His facial expressions.
  • His quiet demeanor despite all that he’s accomplished and all he’s been infamous for.
  • Dragon suits.
  • Recovering Catholic.
  • He’s just so motherfucking sexy ok. He can look like he wants to throw you up against a wall and abuse you backstage while at the same time he can look like he just wants to cuddle with a cup of tea during a rainstorm.
  • Silver fox.
  • His smile. So innocent yet… not at all.
  • His sprinkle of chest hair. Just enough to adorn that amazing chest of his.

He is my favorite member of the band yes.. As much as I love the whole band, Jimmy will always stand out to me... why do you guys love him?

• He always has this mysterious air about him. Dark. Intoxicating. Puzzling. He will never tell anyone too much. And he likes it that way. It’s as if he has control of every aspect of his surroundings, watching the madness unfold as if he was the creator himself.
  • He’s classy.
  • He’s incredibly intelligent. Philosophy. Religion. Politics. It was always said that he had a book in his hand. I admire intelligence.
  • He’s confident. Borderline cocky. Which I actually don’t mind on the right person. “I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing.”
  • He’s an amazing composer. He’s taken works from all over the world: Sitar tunings from India, minor jig compositions from Ireland, deep southern blues structures from the US, and has spun them into amazing music. Blues, classical, flamenco, world, progressive, proto-punk - his styles are innumerable.
  • The legend aspect. (Touched upon in the first bullet.) Between mudsharks, human sacrifices with the devil, and the Boleskine house, there must be nearly 50 myths surrounding one man - one musician. And, curiously, he refuses to talk about any of them.
  • His stare. Those eyes.
  • Pink. Velvet. Pants.
  • Scarves.
  • His constant comparisons of guitars to the sexual aspects of a woman. Even now.
  • His appreciation for art and antiques. And the fact that he went to art school.
  • The way he completely denies ever being able to sing even though he definitely knows how to sing.
  • His accent.
  • His quiet demeanor despite all that he’s accomplished and all he’s been infamous for.
  • Dragon suits.
  • Recovering Catholic.
  • He’s just so motherfucking sexy ok. He can look like he wants to throw you up against a wall and abuse you backstage while at the same time he can look like he just wants to cuddle with a cup of tea during a rainstorm.
  • Silver fox.

Hi

my favorite member of the band is Robert

It's like my second father.

Roger

• He’s classy.
  • His stare. Those eyes.
  • Pink. Velvet. Pants.
  • Scarves.
  • His accent.
  • Dragon suits.
  • Recovering Catholic.
  • Silver fox.

Daaaamn Tasha! I think you pretty much said it all! You're a really good writer...that was hot! My favorite part was "throw you up against a wall and abuse you backstage"! I think about Jimmy like this on a regular basis, (mostly first thing in the morning and at night) but would never have the balls to say it! Good post! ^_^

my favorite member of the band is Robert

My favourite is John Paul

I think you guys misunderstood the question. Tasha wasn't asking who your favorite member of Led Zeppelin is, she was asking why you love Jimmy Page:

• He’s classy.
  • His stare. Those eyes.
  • Pink. Velvet. Pants.
  • Scarves.
  • His accent.
  • Dragon suits.
  • Recovering Catholic.
  • Silver fox.

You said it all... but you did forget his voice when he was young.. and now. I could listen to him all day. His adorable humor (you get a sense of it in his book, interviews and OTDs). He looks also gorgeous in lavender, hawiian shirts, permed hair and rings. :D

Daaaamn Tasha! I think you pretty much said it all! You're a really good writer...that was hot! My favorite part was "throw you up against a wall and abuse you backstage"! I think about Jimmy like this on a regular basis, (mostly first thing in the morning and at night) but would never have the balls to say it! Good post! ^_^

Thank you! Seriously that is something I truly fantasize about on a daily basis!

Yes, this. He had such a sweet voice. Makes one a bit weak in the knees. :D

That's a great list, Tasha. Not sure if there is anything I could add to it. :)

Oh hell Im sure I missed a ton on that list, however those were just the outstanding mentions off the top of my head!

Thanks for post, Tasha! Deep thought/feelings about deep soul...

Two words for your list if you let (or why I also like Page). When Paganini was yet great master he is not rehearsed. But when he had finished regular concert, him carried off the scene barely alive, and he was between life and death several hour (he simple left there a piece of life). It seems?

There are too many features to list, for me.

• He’s classy.
  • His stare. Those eyes.
  • Pink. Velvet. Pants.
  • Scarves.
  • His accent.
  • Dragon suits.
  • Recovering Catholic.
  • Silver fox.

I agree with you 100% on everything you mentioned.

I thought of a few to add to the list:

He's a gentleman - kind and gracious

His sense of humor

He's humble

The way he walks - so cute, even now

The boyish charm he still possesses

His laugh

His ability to turn women into "twittering ninnies", even from afar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived