NFL 2012 Predictions Game

DAS

I got a feeling the Saints might be primed for a victory Sunday Night. The Chargers haven't really beaten anybody but on the other hand that Saints defense is fucking terrible. I'll stick with my Chargers pick but I'm a little unsure.

:unsure:

I love the Chargers. I bet a parlay already. Chargers and Dolphins with the points and took KC with the points.

Corrected Yearly Totals:

Arcane29: 26-21

Black Dawg: 36-28

DAS: 39-24

in_the_evening: 29-33

jabe: 31-37

jb126: 36-21

Ledzepfan77: 38-24

paul carruthers: 30-33

Strider: 31-32

Walter: 39-24

DAS, now you're giving me too many losses. C'mon dude, I was born in Olathe. I should have 32 losses, not 37.

Likewise, Black Dawg has one too many games to his credit. So far 63 games have been played, and Black Dawg's 36-28 record adds up to 64 games.

Don't worry DAS...if I have time, I'll go over everyone's picks tonight.

Corrected (again) Yearly Totals:

Arcane29: 26-21

Black Dawg: 36-28

DAS: 39-24

in_the_evening: 29-33

jabe: 31-32

jb126: 36-21

Ledzepfan77: 38-24

paul carruthers: 30-33

Strider: 31-32

Walter: 39-24

All the counting and added is somewhat of a pain. That's why we double check our scores. Anyone who wants to post their own scores at the end of the week or be a second score keeper would definitely help me out. As for Black Dawg, in his picks one week he left a game off. I assumed he just overlooked it so I just didn't count it. He, in_the_evening, and LedZeppfan77 should all be one game short of the rest of us.

Now every sports journalist has named Arizona as the best team in the League, the Cardinals will likely lose against the Rams and not win another game all Season

No way can they lose out. I'm happy that Wisenhunt has finally turned that team around after all these years. They're far from being an elite team but they are relevant.

Week 5 Picks:

Cardinals at Rams

Eagles at Steelers

Packers at Colts

Browns at Giants

Falcons at Redskins

Dolphins at Bengals

Ravens at Chiefs

Seahawks at Panthers

Bears at Jaguars

Broncos at Patriots

Bills at 49ers

Titans at Vikings

Chargers at Saints

Texans at Jets

Week 5:

Cardinals at Rams - Rams

Eagles at Steelers - Steelers

Packers at Colts - Packers

Browns at Giants - Giants

Falcons at Redskins - Falcons

Dolphins at Bengals - Bengals

Ravens at Chiefs - Ravens

Seahawks at Panthers - Seahawks

Bears at Jaguars - Bears

Broncos at Patriots - Patriots

Bills at 49ers - 49'ers

Titans at Vikings - Vikings

Chargers at Saints - Saints

Texans at Jets - Texans

No way can they lose out. I'm happy that Wisenhunt has finally turned that team around after all these years. They're far from being an elite team but they are relevant.

What I meant was, if you read every hack on Yahoo! Sports and every so-called 'expert' on each sports network, it's already been decided that Houston and Arizona are gonna face-off in the Super Bowl (even though we're only in the first week of October)

So when they say a team is gonna do well, the team always inexplicably lose! Something like Commentator's Curse or Journalism Jinx

My fault, I didn't word it right

Anyway, back to the Game. I gave respect to Kolb early in the Season, which means he is now going to have the worst game of his career: Cardinals 18 Rams 22, Kolb intercepted 3 times

So when they say a team is gonna do well, the team always inexplicably lose! Something like Commentator's Curse or Journalism Jinx

I have noticed the exact same thing. It kinda amazes me how so many of them can be so wrong so often.

I have noticed the exact same thing. It kinda amazes me how so many of them can be so wrong so often.

Remember they are in the game of selling ad time and getting people to pay attention. Over exposing controversial teams (ie Cowboys, Jets, etc.) to accomplish that is one way they do it, another is making some outlandish predictions to make a story bigger than it is (ie Arizona being 4-0 and now headed for the Super Bowl after playing only the month of September :blink:). I don't know why anybody pays that close attention to what sports writers report - they're just in the business of selling soap. Ex-players I'll pay attention to, but they basically fall into the same categories as the writers do anymore.

Archived