Announcements for Alison Krauss and Robert Plant

a handful of Led Zeppelin classics

Fantastic review! Thanks for posting Euro! Now this really makes me want to see the show. I can't wait! I'm so glad to hear about the "handful" of Zep classics. I was only expecting 1 or 2, but a handful is good. :D

Setlist

Rich Woman

Black Dog

Fortune Teller

Nothin

29 Palms

Killing the Blues

Trampled Rose

When the Levee Breaks

Down to the River to Pray

Stick with Me Baby

Battle of Evermore

Please Read the Letter

Long Journey

Gone Gone Gone

Edited by eternal light

There will be a webcast of this years New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival.

It will be the second weekend of the festival and there will be taped performances from the first weekend which Robert Plant & Alison Krauss perform on fri 25 april.

http://attblueroom.com/music/New-Orleans-J...information.php

I've been trying this link and all I can get is a live webcast of next week's festival. Am I missing something? I'd really like to see Robert & Alison today!

There will be a webcast of this years New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival.

It will be the second weekend of the festival and there will be taped performances from the first weekend which Robert Plant & Alison Krauss perform on fri 25 april.

http://attblueroom.com/music/New-Orleans-J...information.php

I've been trying this link and all I can get is a live webcast of next week's festival. Am I missing something? I'd really like to see Robert & Alison today!

Their only live next week but they said they would show performances from the first weekend.

I just read an interview with Dolly Parton in Mojo and she claims if she had known RP and AK were working together she would have asked to do a trio. It is suggested she work with Zeppelin in the future, given RP's current style and JPJ's work with Uncle Earl. She says "You never know - they're Led Zeppelin and I've got the balloons!"

:wacko:

Edited by Knebby

I just read an interview with Dolly Parton in Mojo and she claims if she had known RP and AK were working together she would have asked to do a trio. It is suggested she work with Zeppelin in the future, given RP's current style and JPJ's work with Uncle Earl. She says "You never know - they're Led Zeppelin and I've got the balloons!"

:wacko:

I don't know if I want to laugh or feel sorry for her. Can you picture Dolly in the mix of Raising Sand.... Or with Led Zep.... even more bizarre. Has she listened to her version of Stairway? Overall I like Dolly, but her and her balloons have their place somewhere else.

Has she listened to her version of Stairway?

Found this where she talks about 'Stairway':

Stairway to Heaven" (Jimmy Page/Robert Plant)

It was a song I loved and a song that [husband] Carl loved. We used to love it together. To me, it's like "After the Goldrush." It's an abstract song. You really don't know what it means. It sounds Old World. On the last couple of albums, I did "Shine," "I Get a Kick Out of You" and "Traveling Prayer," so everybody is expecting me to do something "different" on this album, too. Well, I'm the only person to have the nerve to deal with classics. That's why I took it, ad-libbed it and made it more spiritual.

I didn't do it just for the gimmick - my love for the song comes from a very real place. It's not just about making it work - it's about it really being a part of you. So I thought, "What the hey - I'm just going to go with it, and if it didn't turn out good, nobody would ever know I even tried it." I knew I was walking on sacred ground because it is a classic.

But any time you make a change in lyrics or in my case the ad-libs, you have to get an OK from the writers and publisher. I was scared to death to send it to Robert Plant and Jimmy Page. They sent word back that it was fine and they loved it. In fact, Robert Plant said he'd always thought of it as a spiritual song, and he was thrilled we'd used a choir on it, because he thought about that, too. If they like it, that's most important to me. But I do hope the public will accept it too. I even hope they love it.

I don't know if I want to laugh or feel sorry for her. Can you picture Dolly in the mix of Raising Sand.... Or with Led Zep.... even more bizarre. Has she listened to her version of Stairway? Overall I like Dolly, but her and her balloons have their place somewhere else.

I think it would be really interesting to see what would come from a Dolly and Robert mix...I think the one powerful thing that came out of Alison and Robert working together is that it pushed both of them to try new things and let go of comfort zones.

Dolly has some serious musical moments that many people don't know about or have forgotten...she did write "I'll always love you" revamped by Whitney Houston.

Perhaps Raising Sands will be something that continues with other musicians and performers for Robert to play with haha! Robert Plant's own Traveling Wilburys ;)

Hello:

I hope she doesn't ask Robert to sing Islands in the Stream...that would probably kill Kenny Rogers...that's his duet with Dolly...

Juliet :D

lol, that's funny and I like Kenny.

and I know Dolly is very talented, but her and Robert(and or Jimmy) together just would be very bizarre imo. I like her and Kenny together much better....

No, no Willie and Robert need to do something now. ;)

As much as I know you are joking... I would love to hear Robert cover "Blue Eyes Crying In the Rain." I think it would be an amazing, emotionally exhaustive journey!

I have always felt bad for people that I have heard trying to sing in tandem (I won't even say in harmony) with Willie. His signing style makes it soooo difficult to try and follow him note for note.

I cringe when I think about Robert Plant doing a cover of Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain, although it's a perfectly good song when Willie Nelson does it; I'm sorry. I think it would be horrible. I'm beginning to wish that he had not discovered country music. It's a bit like when a kid brings home a frog and it gets lost in the house.

Edited by eternal light

I cringe when I think about Robert Plant doing a cover of Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain, although it's a perfectly good song when Willie Nelson does it; I'm sorry. I think it would be horrible. I'm beginning to wish that he had not discovered country music. It's a bit like when a kid brings home a frog and it gets lost in the house.

Well, I can see your POV, but I believe that a reworking of it (to suit Robert)... similar to "If I Were A Carpenter" would be gold... just my opinion though.

Hi:

I think they (Robert and Alison) should try the tune With A Little Help From My Friends..

I remember another duet done by Kris Kristofferson and Rita Coolidge back in the 70's...I believe it was called Why Me Lord? R and A could do a fine job of that tune..

As far as a Willie Nelson tune....I'll have to think about that.

Juliet