Announcements for Alison Krauss and Robert Plant

eternal light

Dang, the closest they're coming to me is Stateline, Nevada and that's a good seven or eight hour drive. My aunt and uncle live there, but considering I haven't seen them since I was about three years old, it might be a little awkward to stay the night there just to see a concert. This does not mean I wouldn't do it, though. :P

I should convince my dad he wants to go on a road trip to see the in-laws. My mom would never go for it. She doesn't like her sister OR Robert Plant. Bad combo. I'm gonna have to see what I can do.

US 2nd leg tour dates

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss Confirm

Second Leg of North American 'Raising Sand' Tour

Tickets for New Dates On Sale March 3rd

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, whose critically-lauded, Gold album 'Raising Sand' continues to be a top-seller worldwide, have confirmed an additional 17 North American tour dates through July 1, it was announced today. Tickets for the newly announced shows will begin going on sale March 3rd (details below).

Recipients of the 2007 Grammy award for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals, for the track "Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On)", Plant and Krauss - along with 'Raising Sand' producer and band leader T Bone Burnett - are creating a show that will feature songs from their collaborative release, as well as from the artists' extensive career discographies.

Band members for the tour include Jay Bellerose (drums) and Dennis Crouch (bass) - both of whom played on 'Raising Sand' - as well as Buddy Miller (guitar) and Stuart Duncan (fiddle, mandolin and other instruments). Burnett will play guitar and 6-string bass, as well as perform several songs.

As previously announced, Robert Plant and Alison Krauss kick-off their Raising Sand World Tour in April with a brief run of shows that includes an April 25 performance at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. They follow those dates with eleven shows in Europe and the UK that conclude with a performance at Wembley Arena on May 22.

Ticket information for all of the Raising Sand Tour dates is available on the artist's websites: robertplantalisonkrauss.com, robertplant.com, alisonkrauss.com, and tboneburnett.com.

Confirmed 'Raising Sand' North American tour dates (More Dates TBA):

4/19/08 - Louisville, KY - Palace Theatre

4/20/08 - Louisville, KY - Palace Theatre

4/22/08 - Knoxville, TN - Knoxville Civic Coliseum

4/23/08 - Chattanooga, TN - Memorial Auditorium

4/25/08 - New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival

4/26/08 - Birmingham, AL - BJCC Arena

6/2/08 - Roanoke, VA - Roanoke Civic Center

6/4/08 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun

6/5/08 - Boston, MA - Bank of America Pavilion

6/7/08 - Canandaigua, NY - CMAC

6/8/08 - Atlantic City NJ - Borgata

6/10/08 - New York, NY - MSG Theatre

6/13/08 - Columbia, MD - Merriweather Pavilion

6/14/08 - Asheville, NC - Asheville Civic Center

6/15/08 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo

6/17/08 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre

6/19/08 - St. Louis, MO - Fox Theatre

6/21/08 - Denver, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheatre

6/23/08 - Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theatre

6/43/08 - Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theatre

6/25/08 - Santa Barbara, CA - Santa Barbara Bowl

6/27/08 - Berkeley, CA - Greek Theatre

6/28/08 - Lake Tahoe, NV - Harveys

6/30/08 - San Diego, CA - Humphreys

7/1/08 - Phoenix, AZ - Dodge Theatre

Yaaay!! They are coming near me and I cannot wait!! I got the email too and almost fell off my chair!! I am so excited!!! :banana::thumbsup::cheer:

Yaaay!! They are coming near me and I cannot wait!! I got the email too and almost fell off my chair!! I am so excited!!! :banana::thumbsup::cheer:

Congrats Melanie...I am waiting on a venue close to me....I have code...just waiting for something in my neck of the woods.

Check the venue close to the show. Sometimes even the day of, they release a few tickets. Good luck!

Got my ticket to see Led Zep at The Forest National in Brussells (I see Robert & Alison are playing there) in just that fashion. I hitch hiked over from England without a ticket and they released a few hundred on the morning of the show.

I hope they do and you get a ticket!

I got an email about the English shows from them, before the details went to the media. Enabling me to get in quick. Block A seats 8 & 9 in Birmingham England May 5th BRING THEM ON!

I've seen most of RP's solo tours over the years (although I haven't seen SS) but I'm looking forward to this more than any of them.

I think that quote should be used as a disclaimer on this site!

Without wanting to start the argument again - that's an admirable sentiment but there's no reason why that can't include more LZ activety.

I was listening to my O2 boot this morning and there's such vitality there, there's no way those 4 musicians would ever 'go through the motions' or become into a caberet act.

It will be a greta shame and disappoint millions of people if they don't do it again.

Nah, why wait? You can see them twice if they go to Chicago...

You're right, I can always sell the tickets too if I can't make one of the other cities. I might try the Phoenix show.

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the presales you can purchase from? So if I buy pre-sale tickets for Phoenix, will I still be able to buy pre-sale tickets in Chicago hopefully when they announce a show there?

So...am I one of the only people who signed up for emails from the site and never got anything?

I even signed up for texts.

Man, that sucks! Do you have any other email addresses to use? I would just keep checking back. That is so weird though that you haven't gotten anything.

No I( didn't get anything either??? I need the passcode IMMEDIATELY...please help friends.

Check the passcode that should have come with your email. Keep on trying! I would also try using another email address if you have one.

Archived