Announcements for Alison Krauss and Robert Plant

eternal light

The presale sold so frickin' fast....ugh.

Did you not get a ticket, ocean?

Glad they're going to Asheville.

He can see how cool Ashe is, as Alison knows already. WoW, too, the Civic Center, I could've got in the back way if I was still there ! <_<:angry:

As old as the Civic Center is really....there is NO bad seat. :cheer:

Congrats to ASHEVILLE!!!!!!!! Finally.

so far nada for us here in SALT LAKE !!

ROBERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! C'mon, you always come here!!!!!

Now that I'm gone... :boohoo:

Sorry Ocean...I was rooting for ya! I hope you can still go somehow.

Thanks for everyone's help. No I didn't get a ticket. Thanks for asking Hotplant, hope you're well these days. You know it's the Civic Center NOT Thomas Wolfe Aud...Hot Plant I think you had it confused, The Civic Center is the worst venue we have! Thomas Wolfe has all good seats and good sound. They're in the same building.The civic Center is is where the Warren Haynes Xmas jam is every year. Echo theatre...dirty...ugh.

No way Plant will sing a note 2 minutes from my house and I won't witness it. Mark my words..I'll be there.

Thanks for everyone's help. No I didn't get a ticket. Thanks for asking Hotplant, hope you're well these days. You know it's the Civic Center NOT Thomas Wolfe Aud...Hot Plant I think you had it confused, The Civic Center is the worst venue we have! Thomas Wolfe has all good seats and good sound. They're in the same building.The civic Center is is where the Warren Haynes Xmas jam is every year. Echo theatre...dirty...ugh.

No way Plant will sing a note 2 minutes from my house and I won't witness it. Mark my words..I'll be there.

Good For you ....great determination!!!

No, I know both venues, I agree the Thomas Wolfe auditorium would be MUCH better.

Even The Orange Peel, though obviously they are looking for a larger venue.

Yeah, I agree its kinda dirty and all but as far as VISUALLY, which is really my bag, you CAN see from every seat.

I Know you will get in....you have some contacts.

And I'm fine, thanks. Sad there are no dates in SLC ...yet...:lol:

robertplant.com didn't get me an email fast enough either. Presale for Fox Theatre in Detrot started on freakin' Thursday and I didn't get the notice until today! No presale seats left now for that show. Plant's webmaster sucks. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

robertplant.com didn't get me an email fast enough either. Presale for Fox Theatre in Detrot started on freakin' Thursday and I didn't get the notice until today! No presale seats left now for that show. Plant's webmaster sucks. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Yeah, I got that RobertPlant.com email a little late too. It came in at 4:27pm on 2-22.

• Administrators

Don't shoot the messenger, not his fault. B)

I know they just released the second leg of the tour, but do you think they might still add more dates? There is one show about 2 hours from me, but there's an arena much, much closer that so far isn't listed, but that has been visited by many other recent touring artists :(

I know they just released the second leg of the tour, but do you think they might still add more dates?

There are more dates to be added. It was mentioned when they sent out the ticket info for the shows that have gone on sale. I got tickets to a show 3 hours from me, but only because it was a Saturday, so I figured why not? That's the closest to me so far, but they are definitely adding more dates. :)

There are more dates to be added. It was mentioned when they sent out the ticket info for the shows that have gone on sale. I got tickets to a show 3 hours from me, but only because it was a Saturday, so I figured why not? That's the closest to me so far, but they are definitely adding more dates. :)

Oh good; that's encouraging! I may hang in there and see if they book the closer arena then; as the other venue is 2 hrs away and it's on a Monday night.

Did you not get a ticket, ocean?

Glad they're going to Asheville.

He can see how cool Ashe is, as Alison knows already. WoW, too, the Civic Center, I could've got in the back way if I was still there ! <_<:angry:

As old as the Civic Center is really....there is NO bad seat. :cheer:

Congrats to ASHEVILLE!!!!!!!! Finally.

so far nada for us here in SALT LAKE !!

ROBERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! C'mon, you always come here!!!!!

Now that I'm gone... :boohoo:

Try to get a ticket to Tahoe!

We'd party in Tahoe! :cheer:

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss Expand Tour Dates

02/22/2008

(antiMusic) Looks like that Led Zeppelin reunion tour will have to wait a bit longer as Robert Plant and Alison Krauss have expanded their tour with a string of additional dates.

Here is the tour 411 from the previous announcement followed by all the latest dates: Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, whose 'Raising Sand' album has emerged as one of the past year’s major critical and word-of-mouth sales success stories, will begin an extensive US and European tour April 20 with a brief run of dates in the mid-South.

The two lauded musicians will then embark on an tour of Europe in May before commencing more North American dates for June and July. With a band led by 'Raising Sand' producer T Bone Burnett, they will be performing songs together onstage from Raising Sand, as well as other songs from their careers.

4.19 - Louisville, KY Palace Theatre

4.20 - Louisville, KY Palace Theatre

4.22 - Knoxville, TN Knoxville Civic Coliseum

4.23 - Chattanooga, TN Memorial Auditorium

4.25 - New Orleans, LA New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival

4.26 - Birmingham, AL BJCC Arena (Birmingham-Jefferson Civic Coliseum

Arena)

5.05 - Birmingham, UK Birmingham NIA Academy

5.07 - Manchester, UK Manchester Apollo

5.08 Cardiff, UK Cardiff International Arena

5.10 - Dusseldorf, Germany Dusseldorf Philipshalle

5.11 - Brussels, Belgium Brussels Forest National

5.13 - Paris, France Paris Le Grand Rex

5.14 - Amsterdam, Netherlands Amsterdam Heineken Music Hall

5.16 - Stockholm, Sweden Stockholm Hovet

5.18 - Oslo, Norway Oslo Spektrum

5.19 - Bergen, Norway Bergen Bergenshalle

5.22 - London, UK Wembley Arena

6.02 - Roanoke, VA Roanoke Civic Center

6.04 - Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun

6.05 - Boston, MA Bank Of America Pavilion

6.07 - Canandaigua, NY CMAC

6.08 Atlantic City, NJ Borgata

6.10 - New York, NY Madison Square Garden Theatre

6.13 - Columbia (Washington, DC), MD Merriweather Pavilion

6.14 - Asheville, NC Asheville Civic Center

6.15 - Manchester, TN Bonnaroo

6.17 - Detroit, MI Fox Theatre

6.19 - St. Louis, MO Fox Theatre

6.21 - Denver, CO Red Rocks Amphitheatre

6.23 - Los Angeles, CA Greek Theatre

6.24 - Los Angeles, CA Greek Theatre

6.25 - Santa Barbara, CA Santa Barbara Bowl

6.27 - Berkeley, CA Greek Theatre

6.28 - Lake Tahoe/Stateline, NV Harvey's

6.30 - San Diego, CA Humphrey's

7.01 - Phoenix, AZ Dodge Theatre

CMT News

Alison Krauss Cancels Carnegie Hall Gig With Bobby McFerrin

Alison Krauss canceled a Thursday night (Feb. 21) appearance with vocalist Bobby McFerrin and bassist Edgar Meyer at New York's Carnegie Hall because of an undisclosed illness, according to a spokesperson for the venue. The event is part of McFerrin's Perspectives series of themed concerts at Carnegie Hall. His future collaborators in the series include Yo-Yo Ma and jazz greats Chick Corea and Jack DeJohnette. Mandolinist Sierra Hull and guitarist-banjoist Ron Block, who were scheduled to appear Thursday as part of Krauss' band, will still perform with McFerrin and Meyer. Krauss' tour with Robert Plant is scheduled to begin April 19 in Louisville, Ky.

I saw a picture of her on topix. She looked like she had a bad cold. Hope she gets well soon!

CMT News

Alison Krauss Cancels Carnegie Hall Gig With Bobby McFerrin

Alison Krauss canceled a Thursday night (Feb. 21) appearance with vocalist Bobby McFerrin and bassist Edgar Meyer at New York's Carnegie Hall because of an undisclosed illness, according to a spokesperson for the venue. The event is part of McFerrin's Perspectives series of themed concerts at Carnegie Hall. His future collaborators in the series include Yo-Yo Ma and jazz greats Chick Corea and Jack DeJohnette. Mandolinist Sierra Hull and guitarist-banjoist Ron Block, who were scheduled to appear Thursday as part of Krauss' band, will still perform with McFerrin and Meyer. Krauss' tour with Robert Plant is scheduled to begin April 19 in Louisville, Ky.

I saw a picture of her on topix. She looked like she had a bad cold. Hope she gets well soon!

I hope she gets well soon also!! It is no fun being sick. She has plenty of time to rest up for the tour with Robert.

Archived