If I was a rich man?

joe (Liverpool)

Being permanently short of money I often wonder what I would do if I was rich. The usual house, car etc. I already donate monthly to the NSPCC, and Claire House Childrens Hospice on the Wirral. But I would like to give more if I could. A lottery win would be nice, but I would like to put it to good use.What would you do if you were rich?

Well for me, being mortgage free more or less makes me rich. I never have to worry if I lose everything because at the end of the day, the house is paid for so I don’t need to worry about the kids not having a home or the wife leaving me - and if you have a roof over your head, you don't end up destitute.

Now if I could find a pocket deep enough, I would buy ski resort in Northern New England.

Edited by Charles J. White

Not at all interested in Money. We have no mortgage because we paid it off by working and saving hard. I am more than happy and contented with life. Money will never bring happiness. Never met a happy wealthy person ever. I never understand Lotto winners who win, say 50m quid who then go public. I mean what the fuck are you going to do with 50m big ones? Also if you have never had money and you get dropped a few million notes, you would soon be bored,unhappy and eventually poor. As long as you are happy and healthy then that is all you need. :peace: I travelled a long time in India and saw some really desperate,poor people. But do you know what? They were really happy and generous and it made me feel very humble.

Edited by chillumpuffer

I would continue my life, but the main difference would be that I would buy "upgrades" to what I own now; an expensive professional camera, expensive clothes (not "dragon suit-expensive" but rather "quality-expensive") a Gibson instead of my Epi, that sort of things.

I would also buy everyone beers at the pub and give nice presents on birtdays to compensate for years of freeoading.

Being permanently short of money I often wonder what I would do if I was rich. The usual house, car etc. I already donate monthly to the NSPCC, and Claire House Childrens Hospice on the Wirral. But I would like to give more if I could. A lottery win would be nice, but I would like to put it to good use.What would you do if you were rich?

Joe from Liverpool, it's cool (and commendable) that your main interest in having money is how you would share it!

I would buy a home, several old buildings in my home city and lots of land to preserve from development. Oh, and a set of drums because I was never allowed to have them.

I've always said, if I win lotto, the first thing I'd do is go to all 162 O's games one season. And now that they're actually decent, I'd better win soon! :)

Decent? Try great!!! Hey Joe liverpool, you have a good heart and there should be more people like you. I too would give to charities, especially to help animals. Yes, humans too. I would travel more. Have a house here in upstate NY and then one in either Florida or Cal? Buy 3 Les Pauls, season tickets to Orioles, Sabres and Bills (maybe).

Decent? Try great!!! Hey Joe liverpool, you have a good heart and there should be more people like you. I too would give to charities, especially to help animals. Yes, humans too. I would travel more. Have a house here in upstate NY and then one in either Florida or Cal? Buy 3 Les Pauls, season tickets to Orioles, Sabres and Bills (maybe).

Thank you, I would give more if I could, I too would buy a season ticket (for Everton FC) pay off the mortgage on my house as I like where I live very much. Then pack off my wife and daughters on a never ending cruise around the world Ha Ha!!!!!

Thank you, I would give more if I could, I too would buy a season ticket (for Everton FC) pay off the mortgage on my house as I like where I live very much. Then pack off my wife and daughters on a never ending cruise around the world Ha Ha!!!!!

You are too kind to mean that.