New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

I tried asking him something via Twitter -- no response. He might not actually know, as well.

At least he doesn't insist on fax machines anymore. I saw him reply to a tweet once, 'I don't use Twitter for business'

From the AMA, it seems that Jimmy has been informing Peter of the box sets progress on a business level, but not so much about the music on there. So Peter knows about the cover art, physical content, but not audio.

At least he doesn't insist on fax machines anymore. I saw him reply to a tweet once, 'I don't use Twitter for business'

From the AMA, it seems that Jimmy has been informing Peter of the box sets progress on a business level, but not so much about the music on there. So Peter knows about the cover art, physical content, but not audio.

I only hope Jimmy is more hands-on that he has been in the past...

don't forget that Celebration Day's release was only announced about a month before it came out. We're still in June here people, i believe it's very possible we'll get the first and maybe the second album by Christmas. (if he does indeed plan to release them chronologically as opposed to all at once)

I'm eagerly awaiting and official news about these. I'm trying not to get too far ahead with my own rampant speculation, but I'd love:

full early court and knebworth shows DVD and audio.

1977 tour summary (best bits), if not a complete show.

Any outtakes, sugar mama, sunshine woman, in the morning, etc

Acoustic early versions of other tracks from the LZ3 sessions

Full RAH audio from 1970 (including missing songs)

Unrealisticaly nice to haves:

Bath Festival footage :)

As long as I have you studio version

1969 (early)?multi tracked concerts (filmore, whisky etc)

I'd love another baby come on home or two; ie a track previously unknown that just comes out of the blue.

Assuming these will be "large format" presentations like the Pink Floyd immersion sets, what about "working" replicas of the Led Zeppelin III and Physical Graffiti album covers? How 'bout a little remake of "The Object" in the Presence set? All six covers, in some format for ITTOD?

I don't think any of that stuff is a reason we would buy, but it will be interesting to see the non-musical, non-video "extras" that might be added in to flesh out the offerings.

The more we get the better! I'm sure Jimmy is going all out on this and give us what ever is possible in regards to what he has and is of quality that is worth it to him to put out for us. To him it seems to be multitracks, but if he were to remaster soundboards, that would be of great quality as well. It doesn't always have to be multitracks if the quality is there in sound, performance and a unique performance being studio or live. That's how I feel! Agree?

The more we get the better! I'm sure Jimmy is going all out on this and give us what ever is possible in regards to what he has and is of quality that is worth it to him to put out for us. To him it seems to be multitracks, but if he were to remaster soundboards, that would be of great quality as well. It doesn't always have to be multitracks if the quality is there in sound, performance and a unique performance beinf studio or live. That's how I feel! Agree?

+1 :thumbsup:

The three MSG shows need to be released separately without overdubs. Seriously, there's no need for these overdubs.

I'm sure Jimmy feels he's done as much as he could with those shows. Seriously, doubt it will happen as it was remastered in 2007. Just wish Thank You had been included and NQ hadn't been re-edited. The latter was a travesty.

The entire project was a travesty. Way too many overdubs.

They could've chosen the best version of each song and released them without overdubs. Something like:

Stairway (27th)

No Quarter (28th)

Dazed (27th)

The entire album can be made up from three different nights without overdubbing.

Archived