New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

I found a thread on CEPRO forums that describes the RM4iT/MFiT strategy and it mentions that the band provided their own media to be MFit. Media was not provided by Warner/Atlantic et al.

A related thread does mention verbatim that TSRTS was remixed from original multi-tracks rather than from a master.

How about a link to the thread?

The Song Remains the Same (live album?) was remixed from the mulites for iTunes? That's one of the three that isn't labeled Mastered for iTunes.

The CEPRO forums are closed. I can get a screencap of it later.

The TSRTS was was remixed by Kevin Shirley when released in 2007ish, not RFiT.

Not me, I want hard copy.(Not vinyl, my turntable has been long retired) I'll do my own digital ripping..for my phone or ipod, ... or maybe not.

I also want a hard copy -- a digital hi-res version could be included on DVD or Blu-Ray, as with the Pink Floyd Immersion box-sets.

I also want a hard copy -- a digital hi-res version could be included on DVD or Blu-Ray, as with the Pink Floyd Immersion box-sets.

Yep, that sounds good to me. My car stereo plays DVD-A and DTS discs, so bring it on!

I only care for unreleased, studio-live-audio-footage.

That certainly is what most are waiting for, but perhaps you'll even enjoy the new re-mixes (if that what happens) of the studio releases when and if they're done, when they come out. But then again, they should be different and a great upgrade of what we have already as this has been done a few times. We shall see. I'm betting on Jimmy to not to disappoint! Agree?

Wouldn't be exciting to have a brand new song released...As in, recorded after 07 by Robert and the 3 J's?

I suppose anything is possible as the other three did some rehearsal in 2008. If anything was good enough musically, RP could put vocals on top of it. But as of now, there's nothing to back this up.

Wouldn't be exciting to have a brand new song released...As in, recorded after 07 by Robert and the 3 J's?

Why would that be exciting???

Led Zeppelin died when Bohnam passed! Why can't many except that?

I can give a fuck less about new material. As said above, Zeppelin died when Bonham died. I'm more interested in these boxed sets or a reunion (if it ever happens)

So, these boxed sets can be the same songs, only a dogs-eared more detailed, as we have heard since 1968?

A Reunion has an ice cube's chance in hell , so we can only hope for some un-released material or new material recorded

with Jason on drums - which to me is Led Zeppelin circa 2014.

Jason is the direct blood line of John Bonham so he is rightly "Zeppelin" in any manner of speaking.

Do you want a worldwide tour with Jason? That won't happen.

No - not a world-wide tour! Please! However a New York, Red Rocks, Seattle, LA, Dallas, New Orleans, Tampa (how cool!)

Memphis, Baltimore, and Foxboro WOULD be good enough for me. Jason is Zeppelin.

Jason is NOT Zeppelin. He's not even half as good as his father.

Geez - PLEASE ! C'mon dude! Sometime I think you throw out these wild statements fully knowing

that your pulling some chains! Jason is awesome! He single handily pulled off the most intensive , nerve-wracking,

pressure filled, drumming job in the history of live music! Is he as good as John? Maybe not but he is still an

awesome drummer who knows the Zeppelin catalog better than anyone on the planet. Give the man his due for

heaven's sake!

John Bonham is a legend for sure but Jason can fill the Zeppelin drummer position better than anyone since.

I can't believe I'm reading this. Jason is not even in the same building as John when it comes to drumming. Actually, both of them have two completely different styles of playing.

Different styles yes but don't count Jason as a lesser talent! Jason is his own drummer but can lead the

Band anywhere it wants to go...so long as they want to go there.

Why are you hating on Jason Bonham? Do you expect him to be a carbon copy of his father? Jason Bonham is the only man meant to fill in Bonham's shoes for Zeppelin.

Nirvana, as said, Led Zeppelin died when Bonham died. I don't think any additions should be made to their sole discography. Because they could make it really great, or they could make it really bad.

Archived