What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

My car issues aren't as bad as they sound. All of those things are needed, but they're not majorly required. I'm getting the brakes and the tires done, then next month, I'll to the axles. THEN I'll get the a/c done. We have more than two cars, so it truly isn't that important.

I got the Mac because my boyfriend told me to "just get the f-ing Mac, already!" He's happy that I'm happy, and so far, I'm loving this computer. It's a much, much better built machine than the other ones I looked at.

One thing I was told about PC's by my friend who is a computer networking security-thingy guy, (incidentally the SAME guy who made our secured, hidden and encrypted network so hard to crack that we just went out and bought a new router): with a PC, don't get less than 4GB of RAM because Vista requires at least 1GB JUST FOR RUNNING WINDOWS!

I was told that with a Mac, Mac Os doesn't use as much RAM, therefore, you don't need as much. Of course, I'd LOVE to max it out with 8GB, but I'm not paying a grand for that.

They're coming out with Windows 7, and who knows how much RAM that's going to take up?

The Mac I bought has the same amount of RAM as my old laptop, yet it's about 900X faster! Explain that.

edit: ...and plus, since a computer functioning correctly is a major part of my livelihood, why should I have to justify my spending? I feel like I'm having to answer to people on this website. It's not putting me in dire straights, and my car issues will be taken care of--one at a time. I was not going to spend all of my money on getting everything done at once anyhow.

Edited by manderlyh

They're coming out with Windows 7, and who knows how much RAM that's going to take up?

I'm running the Windows 7 RC and it blows Vista away and I've got 2GB of Ram ;)

I will get the full version when it comes out in October.

I would get a Mac as well if I were to get into some video editing or some type of publishing though. :)

The Braves play in Atlanta and the Bears are Chicago's football team. ;) I'm from Chicago anyway, so even if I wasn't a Yankees fan, I sure as hell wouldn't root for the Braves!

I've been a Yankees fan since 1994; that's pre-strike, pre-dynasty, pre-Jeter, pre-Torre, pre-everything. Wouldn't trade it in for anything. They frustrate the hell out of me sometimes, but I live and die by the pinstripes.

Edited by Electrophile

I had a similar experience to that myself earlier this summer after I got back from the coast. I plugged my iPod in and the first song that came up was Cluster One by Pink Floyd and listening to that as we drove along the Atlantic Ocean on the way home was amazing.

Took my truck to the shop. Got the oil changed and everything inspected. Mechanic said I'll be needing front brake pads and a differential flush soon, but not urgently. No additional work required at this time! Which is great, cause I'm friggin broke! :lol:

Just spoke with my mom. She's 84 years old and just got to see Topol's last and final performance as Tevia in Fiddler on the Roof. After 2500+ performances over 40 years, she caught the last one. She was thrilled! Her joy is my joy! Oy vey! :D