White House . gov petition for one last Led Zeppelin Tour

a1saleen

It is worth a try.. What do you have to loose?

come on guys just sign the petition ..

Why would anyone outside of North America bother if they were to only play there, talk about selfish?

First and foremost, it aint never gonna happen.

Secondly, see above.

Why would anyone outside of North America bother if they were to only play there, talk about selfish?

First and foremost, it aint never gonna happen.

Secondly, see above.

i think this petition is useless. but i think no matter where they toured they would get people around the world to come as they did last time.

i think this petition is useless. but i think no matter where they toured they would get people around the world to come as they did last time.

In another 20000 seat venue filled with "celebrities" and fair weather "fans"?

I think not.

Ummm...the people I was standing in line with and almost all the people I met were not "fair weather" fans. People don't spend thousands of dollars on plane fare, hotels, food, tickets,etc. then wait days or hours in line to see a band if they are just passing fans. As Robert said "There are people from over 50 countries here tonght." "Fair weather" fans don't do that! I'd been fantasizing about seeing the boys do a show for over 35 years - and NEVER thought I'd get the chance to see them. That is why I and ALL the people around me on that plane from the US and standing in line outside the O2 went. And the number of celebrities at the event wasn't as high as disgruntled fans who didn't go perceive it to be. Out of the 25,000 seats at the O2, 18,000 went to the lottery where everyone had a shot of getting them.

Ummm...the people I was standing in line with and almost all the people I met were not "fair weather" fans. People don't spend thousands of dollars on plane fare, hotels, food, tickets,etc. then wait days or hours in line to see a band if they are just passing fans. As Robert said "There are people from over 50 countries here tonght." "Fair weather" fans don't do that! I'd been fantasizing about seeing the boys do a show for over 35 years - and NEVER thought I'd get the chance to see them. That is why I and ALL the people around me on that plane from the US and standing in line outside the O2 went. And the number of celebrities at the event wasn't as high as disgruntled fans who didn't go perceive it to be. Out of the 25,000 seats at the O2, 18,000 went to the lottery where everyone had a shot of getting them.

So everyone that went were die hard fans, perhaps but I doubt it.

It was never an issue with me going, too far and too short notice to arrange it even if I had been successful in the lottery of which I couldn't log into because of the site meltdown.

20% of the audience is a fair chunk, don't you think?

Reggie29,

The people at the pubs, in line and on the plane were me were not well off folks. One guy sold his car to pay for the plane ticket to go to the concert. Of course not ALL the people there were die hard fans, some of the celebs were there just because it was an "event". Some people drank themselves to a stupor at the show - IDIOTS! But I met Aussies, Brazillions, Japanese.....all of whom said it was a fantsay come true for them and damn the cost!

Plus, a lot of those "reserved" tickets went to the band for their friends and family along with record company execs and such that may also have had a hand in the success of the band.

What I thought was pretty cool was here I was standing against the barricade between Jimmy and Robert and off to my right in the cheap seats in the first level are Brian May and Marilyn Manson!

In another 20000 seat venue filled with "celebrities" and fair weather "fans"?

I think not.

I believe the starter of this topic has Heart and Hope, however, I also believe that nothing will make the Lads tour unless They want to.

I also believe that your inane post was ignorant and un-called for. "Celebrities" and fair weather "fans". If you had a chance to be at the O2 concert, would you call yourself a "celebrity" or a fair weather "fan"? I think not.

I believe the starter of this topic has Heart and Hope, however, I also believe that nothing will make the Lads tour unless They want to.

I also believe that your inane post was ignorant and un-called for. "Celebrities" and fair weather "fans". If you had a chance to be at the O2 concert, would you call yourself a "celebrity" or a fair weather "fan"? I think not.

The whole idea is inane IMO and I never said anything against the OP or anyone else here for that matter.

Btw, as I have stated many times I am not a FAN(atic) of anything, period.

Lighten up it's just a discussion.

The whole idea is inane IMO and I never said anything against the OP or anyone else here for that matter.

Btw, as I have stated many times I am not a FAN(atic) of anything, period.

Lighten up it's just a discussion.

That is cool with me. I realize it is just a discussion but why would you say something that is both ignorant an inane? How does that help the "discussion"?

I have one more question to ask you. If you say you are not a Fan(atic) of anything, period, (your words), why do you have 3,450 posts on this Official Led Zeppelin website? I am sure many others would call that a Fan(atic) of Something of some sorts. That something being the Topic of Led Zeppelin.

I have proudly stated that I have been a Fan(atic) of Led Zeppelin and Their Music and History since I was 13 years old. I am not ashamed or embarassed about Anything. By the way, I am also a Fan(atic) of Females, and especially of Women who share my Fanaticsm of LED ZEPPELIN!!!

That is cool with me. I realize it is just a discussion but why would you say something that is both ignorant an inane? How does that help the "discussion"?

I have one more question to ask you. If you say you are not a Fan(atic) of anything, period, (your words), why do you have 3,450 posts on this Official Led Zeppelin website? I am sure many others would call that a Fan(atic) of Something of some sorts. That something being the Topic of Led Zeppelin.

I have proudly stated that I have been a Fan(atic) of Led Zeppelin and Their Music and History since I was 13 years old. I am not ashamed or embarassed about Anything. By the way, I am also a Fan(atic) of Females, and especially of Women who share my Fanaticsm of LED ZEPPELIN!!!

No more ignorant than to not accept the fact the band has played their last concert or that Obama would have any influence in them doing anymore shows.

Only 77 posts, eh?

You have a lot of catching up to do!

I'm on here to appreciate their music with other people who do too, no more, no less.

I'm not into silly idol worship and I actually LOVE females regardless of whether they are into Zeppelin or not.

Good for you, I've been into their music since 1969 when I was 16 and more importantly being fortunate enough to see and hear them live in 1972 when I was 18 and that is something I would wish for everyone to experience.

Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Archived