Jump to content

Best and worst tribute bands...


Recommended Posts

The Led Zepagain show was outstanding!! Held in The Rose, an intimate venue in Pasadena.  They played live versions of songs from the 1977 tour. I've seen other tribute bands that were very good, but none that played live versions, so this one was extra special. I was blown away by each member of the band, they busted tail for the full two hours.  Many of my favorites were performed, including Ten Years Gone, In My Time of Dying, SIBLY, and Achilles Last Stand.  From the start, they killed it with TSRTS, I could not take my eyes off of he guitarist, Jimmy Sakurai!  They also rocked the house with Kashmir, the drums were insane. Bravo to the entire band, I would love to see them again.

image.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Ddladner said:

The Led Zepagain show was outstanding!! Held in The Rose, an intimate venue in Pasadena.  They played live versions of songs from the 1977 tour. I've seen other tribute bands that were very good, but none that played live versions, so this one was extra special. I was blown away by each member of the band, they busted tail for the full two hours.  Many of my favorites were performed, including Ten Years Gone, In My Time of Dying, SIBLY, and Achilles Last Stand.  From the start, they killed it with TSRTS, I could not take my eyes off of he guitarist, Jimmy Sakurai!  They also rocked the house with Kashmir, the drums were insane. Bravo to the entire band, I would love to see them again.

image.jpeg

I don't think that's the guitar player I saw when I saw Led Zepagain many many years ago. Isn't that the Japanese guy that was Mr. Jimmy?

As I have noted before, I have only seen two Led Zeppelin tribute bands...Led Zepagain in the 90s and Lez Zeppelin in the 2000s. But Dd's report has me thinking about revisiting Led Zepagain, since they play the live versions not the studio.

I noticed in the gig listings that there are two more Led Zeppelin tribute bands coming to L.A. soon: Get the Led Out and The Led Zeppelin Experience. Man, there seem to be a lot of Zep tribute bands. It's hard to keep track of them all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Strider said:

I don't think that's the guitar player I saw when I saw Led Zepagain many many years ago. Isn't that the Japanese guy that was Mr. Jimmy?

As I have noted before, I have only seen two Led Zeppelin tribute bands...Led Zepagain in the 90s and Lez Zeppelin in the 2000s. But Dd's report has me thinking about revisiting Led Zepagain, since they play the live versions not the studio.

I noticed in the gig listings that there are two more Led Zeppelin tribute bands coming to L.A. soon: Get the Led Out and The Led Zeppelin Experience. Man, there seem to be a lot of Zep tribute bands. It's hard to keep track of them all.

Yes, Jimmy Sakurai is Mr. Jimmy from Japan, I believe he joined Led Zepagain in 2013.  He is a beast on the guitar, a treat to watch.  The fact that he is playing LZ music is a bonus.  Live versions at that!  I'm so glad we got to see them, it doesn't look like they will be coming to Mississippi any time soon (I tried!). ;) 

Get the Led Out does a great job recreating the studio versions, and they have multiple guitarists to recreate the overdubs. I've enjoyed seeing them twice, but I must say that the live versions were very impressive.  Is the Led Zeppelin Experience Jason Bonham's show (JBLZE)?  I enjoyed that as well.  It was pretty cool to see home videos and to hear Jason speak a lot to the crowd. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...


We have a Bunch down here in SoCal. Led Zepagain, Zeppelin USA, Lady Zep, Led Zeppelive, Like Zeppelin, the Best of all is Zeppelin USA.

 

Led Zepagain has the Look and the music is solid, but the singer is the weak link. Zeppelin USA eschews the Look and focus on music, and they are In my humble opinion, the Best of the bunch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 years later...

I have seen Zoso as well as get the led out,

My vote is Get the led out!

They freakin kill it! And if you close your eyes and really listen it sounds just like Led Zeppelin! so good👍

Both bands were really really good at covering authentic sounding Zeppelin,  However , I felt with Zoso trying so hard to look and emulate zeppelin's stage presence that it is an initial novolty that becomes a bit weird as the show goes on. Not to trash any performer but I felt like the guy coverong Robert plant from zoso dressed up in these scantiky clad robes just looks stange and distrubing 

kind of like the guy from twisted sister trying to look like Plant! 

Yet with Get the Led out you have a band that are fans of Zeppelin themselves just being themselves onstage and I respect that point of view more because its 100 percent authentic!

Its hard to imagine a band that could cover Zepelin better than get the led out. They absolutely destroy Zeppelin! so good !!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2019 at 10:49 AM, LADYBUGLAUGHTER said:

GET THE LED OUT  is definitely the best musical version of Led I've ever experienced. It is an experience!

Gotta agree! I see them every year that they come through town. They do not impersonate Zeppelin. They explain it as paying homage/tribute to the greatest band on earth. They play deeper tracks as well.   The musicianship is on point and Paul Sinclair’s voice is amazing.  Nice bunch of guys too.  Every now and then I’ll catch them on PBS and always watch.  If you get a chance to see them, do yourself a favor and go! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/1/2014 at 3:15 PM, henrybonzo said:

Yeah, Mr Jimmy is by far the best, not sure about the group but the guy needs to get out more!;)

 

Saw Mr. Jimmy with Jason Bonham open for Peter Frampton this summer. AMAZING. Mr. Jimmy is a force to be reckoned with and I found myself very emotional watching Jason in dads role. 

 

Seconding Get The Led Out. Amazing musicianship and they go deep into albums.  I see them every time they come through town. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2019 at 7:35 PM, The Danelectro said:

Saw Mr. Jimmy with Jason Bonham open for Peter Frampton this summer. AMAZING. Mr. Jimmy is a force to be reckoned with and I found myself very emotional watching Jason in dads role. 

 

Seconding Get The Led Out. Amazing musicianship and they go deep into albums.  I see them every time they come through town. 

As close as you will ever see or hear to the real thing..simply Awesome ..love Jimmy Sakurai!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Paganini said:

Man is that you with J.S. ?

Yes, indeed. He even played my danelectro on stage in Atlanta at a show a few years ago. He’s the best and the nicest guy, too!!!

R😎🎸👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 6:46 PM, reids said:

Yes, indeed. He even played my danelectro on stage in Atlanta at a show a few years ago. He’s the best and the nicest guy, too!!!

R😎🎸👍

Can you get him to come and play in UK then 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG! I absolutely LOVE Get the Led Out! I’ve seen them over 35 times! They are fantastic! They kill it!
I will continue to see them each and every time I can! They are all super friendly and all remember my name and make sure to say hello to me and chat. We don’t do the meet and greet every time but if we have time we squeeze it in! I make sure to get myself a set list at each show and get it signed too! He’ll yeah! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...