What love of your life got away?

Empire

She was called Rachel. We were a couple of productions together. One was Les Miserables, in which I was Thenardier and she was Madame Thenardier, that was almost three years ago now. But we used to make out in the wings of the stage. Oh those were the days. And we were in love. Until she cheated on me and broke my heart. Two timing bitch. I was so broken up. She later admitted the mistake and said she was just angry at something I said...but by that time I didn't want to know. So sad, I still think of her often. I bought the Siamese Dream album by the Smashing Pumpkins that same week the show was on...everytime I listen to that album I think of her!! :(

She was called Rachel. We were a couple of productions together. One was Les Miserables, in which I was Thenardier and she was Madame Thenardier, that was almost three years ago now. But we used to make out in the wings of the stage. Oh those were the days. And we were in love. Until she cheated on me and broke my heart. Two timing bitch. I was so broken up. She later admitted the mistake and said she was just angry at something I said...but by that time I didn't want to know. So sad, I still think of her often. I bought the Siamese Dream album by the Smashing Pumpkins that same week the show was on...everytime I listen to that album I think of her!! :(

Poor Richard,

I cannot withstand that type of devastation.

Thank you Lynne for condolences that had nothing to do with sodomy.

Miss DBZ -

I have read your tale and have taken it to heart.

You need to respect your parents, religion and culture and do what a young women of your background is obligated to do.

You have been spoiled by the temptations of Western secular society ... and, much to your family's disappointment, you have indeed become corrupt by the impurity of a life lead without the discipline of Truth.

I suggest you return to your roots, your faith, and your culture; apologize to your parents for the dishonor and disappointment you are beginning to cause them. Embrace the True Path of the Koran and the righteous life of the faithful. Abandon your association with kafirs, reject your immodesty with boys, and affirm your place as a devout muslimah; and Allah, by His compassionate kindness and grace, will reward you with family harmony and certainty in Life.

Truly ... what more is there?

Repent ... and you shall find true happiness.

Assalamu Alilkum Wa Rahmatulah Wa Barakatuh, dear child.

Insha'Allah.

~666

Miss DBZ -

I have read your tale and have taken it to heart.

You need to respect your parents, religion and culture and do what a young women of your background is obligated to do.

You have been spoiled by the temptations of Western secular society ... and, much to your family's disappointment, you have indeed become corrupt by the impurity of a life lead without the discipline of Truth.

I suggest you return to your roots, your faith, and your culture; apologize to your parents for the dishonor and disappointment you are beginning to cause them. Embrace the True Path of the Koran and the righteous life of the faithful. Abandon your association with kafirs, reject your immodesty with boys, and affirm your place as a devout muslimah; and Allah, by His compassionate kindness and grace, will reward you with family harmony and certainty in Life.

Truly ... what more is there?

Repent ... and you shall find true happiness.

Assalamu Alilkum Wa Rahmatulah Wa Barakatuh, dear child.

Insha'Allah.

~666

Um

:unsure:

thank you, Andrew.

But, I have no idea if you are being serious or sarcastic.

But, let me say I am deeply impressed by your knowledge. It just seems like you've studied theology in college or something.

I've never been in love and I don't know if I ever will be.....but I do know that I let something slip through my fingers a couple years ago and I wish I hadn't. :(

Don't worry there, you definitely have a chance, no doubt about it.

We all let countless opportunities slip through our fingers, I know I have.

RANDOM- I really do wonder about that Old Scratch and his enigmatic ways.

Deep Black, I wanted to add one more piece of information to my response to you. Part of what made it easier for me to walk away, at 20, with the love of my life was the fact that I was in college and soon to finish. I knew that I would be able to have a career and maintain my independence if something ever happened between love of life and me. Fortunately, it turned out well and for that I am thankful. I didn't want to run off and rely upon a man for my security. I wanted to be able to take care of myself and have a career and independent. As romantic and tempestuous as I may seem to some, there is a logical side to me that has always seen to it that I planned for uncertainties. Good luck to you!

Deep Black, I wanted to add one more piece of information to my response to you. Part of what made it easier for me to walk away, at 20, with the love of my life was the fact that I was in college and soon to finish. I knew that I would be able to have a career and maintain my independence if something ever happened between love of life and me. Fortunately, it turned out well and for that I am thankful. I didn't want to run off and rely upon a man for my security. I wanted to be able to take care of myself and have a career and independent. As romantic and tempestuous as I may seem to some, there is a logical side to me that has always seen to it that I planned for uncertainties. Good luck to you!

Why thank you, but don't worry about me. I am the type of person who wants to plan out everythiing concisely.

I will make sure that if I am in love, both of us are in for it for the enlightened ideas of an emotional connection, an embellishment for both of our lives. But, I do want to make sure that we both are capable of taking care of ourselves.

Why thank you, but don't worry about me. I am the type of person who wants to plan out everythiing concisely.

I will make sure that if I am in love, both of us are in for it for the enlightened ideas of an emotional connection, an embellishment for both of our lives. But, I do want to make sure that we both are capable of taking care of ourselves.

You're most welcome! Glad to hear that. After I posted I started to worry that I might have inadvertently put ideas in your head about running off with a lover. You sound like an extremely intelligent young woman with a lot of common sense.

You're most welcome! Glad to hear that. After I posted I started to worry that I might have inadvertently put ideas in your head about running off with a lover. You sound like an extremely intelligent young woman with a lot of common sense.

Thank you

MadScreamingGallery, but my mom and I reached yet another compromise. She says she only wants to protect me. She knows exactly what the rebellious phase is like. She will give me freedom but I still want to stay close. I mean I guess I was being too overreactive.

But, my mom said she doesn't want to lose me or have me hate her[which I don't] because I'm her only daughter. So, I really don't care right now. I mean I'm glad I have such a mother.

These are great stories, though some of them are heartbreaking. Nice to see people let it go.

Well, I'll decide it's my turn.

I am crazily infatuated with him, but we can only remain friends, like we were for a while. It's only because the family doesn't think dating is suitable at all. Also, the marriage I am expected to get just clings to me. They said I can have a choice with whom I marry, but it makes no difference because I still cannot truly sense how much I love him, if I don't spend time with him before marriage. And, the family says he still has to be the same religion. But, I mean I don't care about those issues, wholeheartedly, what type of division does difference in religion serve? Race? Ethnicity? What does it serve, nothing. I am the type of person who'll accept anyone despite these issues.

But. of course it's all about the family honor, how I shouldn't spoil the reputation or whatnot. So, that's the only reason I spend my times alone in the basement, wondering why should I conform to such a lifestyle? Why am I too cowardly to just rebel? And so I would like to embark on an actual relationship with Kevin, but for god's sake, I shouldn't be even seeing him as a friend after school. I am going to be hanging on to this issue, wondering just what could have been for quite a while.

Ok, that was a bit unusual to let go, but I felt as if it was appropriate.

It breaks my heart to hear what you are going through Deepblackzeppelin. But I understand that your freedom is limited because of your faith. I'm sure that you will find a way to deal with this somehow. Here is a big hug from me to you. ((((((((((Rabia)))))))))) :)

I have a story about a man that I loved and lost. It took me 8 years to get over him. But I am finally over him now. We met while we were both in the beginning of very messy divorces, and I fell in love with him and even though he cared deeply for me he just never fell in love with me back. So we split up after awhile. I still think about him once in awhile. He had a lot of problems so it is probably good that I ended up back with my ex. for the long run. But he sure was one that was hard to get over. :(

She was so beautiful. It was summertime. I sat next to her in Driver's Education. I was 16.... she was 14. Yes, she was there taking the class under a "hardship" rule. She would only be able to drive in the daytime. Naughty giril !! Her soft 14 year old skin glistened in the sunlight. This blond babe got away. An older boy in the class, a hellion, stole her away from me. What made it hard to ever see her again, was that she went to differnt HS than I did. We never happened to 'run into each other' in the hall....

That lustful image, from sitting next to her in the Driver's Ed class has never diminished...all these years later...

The one that got away !!

It wasn't meant to be.

All of the 'want to' on my part was not enough for me to get to merge with this young thang ! !

How I think my life might have changed, if I had gotten to date her..

Truly Lust at first site!!

Thank you

MadScreamingGallery, but my mom and I reached yet another compromise. She says she only wants to protect me. She knows exactly what the rebellious phase is like. She will give me freedom but I still want to stay close. I mean I guess I was being too overreactive.

But, my mom said she doesn't want to lose me or have me hate her[which I don't] because I'm her only daughter. So, I really don't care right now. I mean I'm glad I have such a mother.

Deep Black, your mom is really wise. That is how my mother-in-law was with my sister-in-law. MIL understood the need to rebel at a certain age and allowed her daughter some freedom while, at the same time, made sure she was safe. To this day, they have a great relationship. I am fortunate to have married into a family like that because my husband knew how to set boundaries. None of our kids (knock wood) have ever rebelled in the manner that I did. When we met, I remember telling my husband about my life and he told me that my leash was so short and tight that it was bound to snap. I hope that you can have a great, life-long relationship with your mom too.

It breaks my heart to hear what you are going through Deepblackzeppelin. But I understand that your freedom is limited because of your faith. I'm sure that you will find a way to deal with this somehow. Here is a big hug from me to you. ((((((((((Rabia)))))))))) :)

I have a story about a man that I loved and lost. It took me 8 years to get over him. But I am finally over him now. We met while we were both in the beginning of very messy divorces, and I fell in love with him and even though he cared deeply for me he just never fell in love with me back. So we split up after awhile. I still think about him once in awhile. He had a lot of problems so it is probably good that I ended up back with my ex. for the long run. But he sure was one that was hard to get over. :(

She was so beautiful. It was summertime. I sat next to her in Driver's Education. I was 16.... she was 14. Yes, she was there taking the class under a "hardship" rule. She would only be able to drive in the daytime. Naughty giril !! Her soft 14 year old skin glistened in the sunlight. This blond babe got away. An older boy in the class, a hellion, stole her away from me. What made it hard to ever see her again, was that she went to differnt HS than I did. We never happened to 'run into each other' in the hall....

That lustful image, from sitting next to her in the Driver's Ed class has never diminished...all these years later...

The one that got away !!

It wasn't meant to be.

All of the 'want to' on my part was not enough for me to get to merge with this young thang ! !

How I think my life might have changed, if I had gotten to date her..

Truly Lust at first site!!

:console: These are rather sad but there's also something lovely about having such sweet memories of someone.

Deep Black, your mom is really wise. That is how my mother-in-law was with my sister-in-law. MIL understood the need to rebel at a certain age and allowed her daughter some freedom while, at the same time, made sure she was safe. To this day, they have a great relationship. I am fortunate to have married into a family like that because my husband knew how to set boundaries. None of our kids (knock wood) have ever rebelled in the manner that I did. When we met, I remember telling my husband about my life and he told me that my leash was so short and tight that it was bound to snap. I hope that you can have a great, life-long relationship with your mom too.

Why thank you. I am too grateful, so I say it so much. But, if you feel as if you needed to rebel, then I suppose it was wise for you. Your husband has such a great analogy. But, you really showed me that there is hope in any situation. I mean, whether my mother supports me or not. I guess, right now, she supports me. I am glad that you at least have support from somebody you love :)

Thanks for calling my mother wise, I was feeling guilty that I get into arguments with her.

^Rabia, it's good that you and your mother are able to talk about this. Hopefully, the extra "leash" that she's given you will help you decide what you want to do. Just be careful...she gave you the inch...don't take a mile...

(that's what I did...and I came to regret it...and my mom never even knew that I took the mile...)

I can't honestly say that I've had one that got away......

I agree with Manders...those guys are in my past for a reason. I simply don't have any regrets with those relationships, things weren't meant to be and I moved on.

I'm in the same camp as FireKisses. If they "got away", they were meant to go.... B)

Archived