Tune In Wed. May 21 For Live Listening Event w/ Special Guest Jimmy Page - Paris, Olympia

sam_webmaster

Does anyone know who that host/emcee was? All I could make out was that his first name was Paul.

Laughed when Jimmy said "I think we should finish and let everyone enjoy the music." Hahaha...way to go, Jimmy. :thumbsup:

One bit of information I missed the first time around was Jimmy mentioning the name of the person who did the mastering of these new releases: John Davis, who Jimmy said also did the Mothership and Celebration Day releases.

^^ No idea about the host. The music/new tracks sounded great and I can't wait to put the albums on a real sound system. Listening to it again.

^^reswati, great seeing your name there. Some of the comments from a few morons were horrible. But, it was great to see people from all over the world listening to this! :peace:

More info from Jimmy: Led Zeppelin did not start recording multitracks of their concerts until the 1970 RAH show. So that pretty much puts an end to any speculation about multitracks existing for pre-1970 shows.

Any rips already available for the songs or the vid? I've tried a few "youtube to mp3" websites with no result

Jesus, can't you be a little more patient and wait less than two weeks to buy it like the rest of us?

Jesus, can't you be a little more patient and wait less than two weeks to buy it like the rest of us?

Not to come off as a jerk, Strider but... nope, sorry, I can't.

Here, somebody already uploaded Keys to the highway / Trouble in mind. In case anyone wanna hear it before our box sets arrive :stereo: :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7bCpmrPRgY

Damn...the video stopped at the exact same spot as before: 1:17:21. Guess we'll never know what happened afterwards until some of the people who were there come on and give us a report. Did anybody recognize anyone in the audience? I assume Dave Lewis was there. What about Front Row Dave?

Not to come off as a jerk, Strider but... nope, sorry, I can't.

Here, somebody already uploaded Keys to the highway / Trouble in mind. In case anyone wanna hear it before our box sets arrive :stereo: :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7bCpmrPRgY

Hahaha...I believe the rough mix of Whole Lotta Love has been uploaded to youtube, too.

I wouldn't be surprised if they archive the stream...and we'll be getting "Immigrant Song" in stereo next week.

I found the fan questions immensely better than the usual ones the journalists come up with :bubble:

What I heard I found uninteresting, although based on a few comments here, I might have missed one or two interesting answers from Jimmy. Like Glyn said, the nature of the conference was annoying -- Jimmy kept getting cut off when he wanted to continue speaking.

I wouldn't be surprised if they archive the stream...and we'll be getting "Immigrant Song" in stereo next week.

What I heard I found uninteresting, although based on a few comments here, I might have missed one or two interesting answers from Jimmy. Like Glyn said, the nature of the conference was annoying -- Jimmy kept getting cut off when he wanted to continue speaking.

Yeah, it was awful. I almost choke myself when Jimmy, 70 years old, a LEGEND, had to ask the host something like "Can I answer the previous question about___".

Yeah, it was awful. I almost choke myself when Jimmy, 70 years old, a LEGEND, had to ask the host something like "Can I answer the previous question about___".

Considering the host introduced Jimmy as something like "The premiere rock guitarist of all time", you'd think the guy knew better.

Yeah man! Indeed, that was really crazy!

Immigrant Song and Whole Lotta Love are cool but not super different, I wouldn't really listen to them much over the originals

Heartbreaker and SIBLY are really neat! Love the solos! Gallow's Pole was pretty great too, a good alternative to the regular track

Keys to the Highway/ Trouble on my Mind though... I got a bit teary eyed for that! I wasn't alive in 68- 80 and too young when Traveling Riverside Blues, Baby Come on Home, The Girl I Love... etc came out. This is the first time I am hearing "new" material as a fan. Its a great feeling!

I think I'll like "Immigrant Song" more when it hasn't been squashed by YouTube.

I said something while I watched the stream, and I think it's valid: The alternate version of "Since I've Been Loving You" would have been a bootlegger's wet-dream. :P

Archived