2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

A fine afternoon at the ballpark!

IMG_20150628_155802_zpsmhx0nt3p.jpg

And the evening game wasn't so bad either. I was enjoying a fabulous dinner while they were playing, but it ended up nicely!!!

I saw both and I envy you. My wife is a real fan too. She loves Davis. With our pitching coming around, its a good sign. Now I know Ryan is playing great. But Schoop must be brought back up

All's I wanna know is who's IN first. Not in second. But in First? :dont::phone::bravo: Its this team with a little orange and black birdie. Rollin baby!!!!!!! 8-0 in the 7th. And King, my boy, hall of famer Jim Palmer of the Orioles, on the broadcast crew praised your ST Louis team today. So our announcers do speak well and respect the Cardinals, even though we rarely ever see them. Maybe an O's vs Cards series is possible. The Tigers are not even going to get a wild card the way they are playing. I should have followed my hunch in the contest and tossed them. Seattle may be a bust too. Texas has been a surprise to me. We have them coming in after we sweep the Injuns.

That's cool about your announcers praising the Cardinals. Like I said earlier, 50 wins in the first 74 games is an accomplished feat only done 17 times before in the past 50 years. I have said since before this season began, I always expected the Cardinals to be a good team and the team to beat. I know you expected the same thing for the Orioles and they did seem to struggle early on but now I am sure that you are more than ecstatic that they are winning like you expected them to.

I will note that the Cardinals are on a 6 game winning streak, having swept both the Marlins and the Cubs at home in Busch Stadium. Last nights win against the Cubs only yielded 8 hits from the Cards but 6 of those hits were doubles.

Edited to add: I am very curious to see who makes the 2015 All-Star rosters. From the Cardinals I would think that it would be Matt Carpenter (3rd), Jhonny Peralta (SS), Yadier Molina ©, Michael Wacha (P) and Trevor Rosenthal (Closer). Kolten Wong (2nd) would be nice and Matt Holliday (LF) too but he is on the DL.

Edited by kingzoso

If you wanted to get technical Rick, the O's are only tied for first with Tampa--although I guess the O's are percentage points ahead of the Rays. But, first is first--but remember the old saying; it's a marathon not a sprint.

I also have to wonder what--if any--moves the Mets will make before the trade deadline--even with that doubleheader sweep yesterday, this Mets offense is just putrid. As solid as the Mets starters have been, you can't expect those guys to hold a team to 2 or 3 runs every night. We need somebody with a little pop in their bat to rejuvenate this lineup. Maybe some kind of deal with the Rockies could cure our ills--who knows....

No joy over that Steven Matz debut, Paul? Local kid from Long Island, too! I guess it's tempting for them to trade away some of their fine pitchers for some offense. But they don't know if some of their better hitting position players may be able to come back from the DL. I had thought about how Tulowiski from the Rockies could help them, a long time ago - but now Flores actually has shown more pop. Now this Todd Frazier from the Reds has great all around numbers, but what if Wright has some miraculous recovery? It would be a lot easier, if they were an AL team. Granderson has been heating up a little, and has had power spurts in the past. One thing I can say - for them to still be where they are, they easily have the best pitching staff in baseball.

The only reason I didn't rave about Matz was because I actually missed that game--but by all accounts, the kid acquitted himself very well; on the mound and at the plate too. I haven't seen any news on Wright, as far as a timetable on when he will come back--or if he will return before the All-Star break. I just know if the Mets want to have any chance of passing the Nats or settling for a wild card, they need to make some sort of deal for a power bat.

Flores has shown some power at times, but he still seems a bit shakey on defense--a little to shakey for my tastes...

Whatever the Angels do record-wise, Mike Trout is always worth watching. I am so glad I am alive to witness Mike Trout's entire career.

Angels 4, Yankees 1.

I understand and can appreciate what you are saying about one baseball player, however, I can say that I am glad to be alive to witness an entire Baseball team that pretty much exemplifies the standard that ALL Baseball teams want to aspire to. You and everyone who read this knows of to who I am referring.

Best record in Baseball at this moment. Been to the National League Championship Series the last 4 years in a row. Been to 2 World Series, winning one (2011) and losing one (2013).

Your boy Trout may be a phenomenal player, along with Pujols, but this team that I am referring to also has great players:

Matt Carpenter

Kolten Wong

Jason Heyward

Yadier Molina

Matt Holliday

Jhonny Peralta

Michael Wacha

Carlos Martinez

Trevor Rosenthal (who's ERA is 0.52 with 23 saves so far)...

I could go on and on but I think My point is made and it is made on the hard-work and tremendous efforts of everyone who dons a uniform of this Team.

51 Wins and only 24 Losses Baby!!!

Edited to add: Yes I am bragging and I don't even live in that city anymore. I moved from there to Texas 15 years ago. I validate My bragging about this team is because some others who follow and post on this 2015 Baseball topic brag and boast when their team wins 3 games in a row. So if that is okay with the consensus and they do not get lambasted for it, then I feel I have every right to boast and brag when My team wins and wins and wins and has the best record in Baseball and the best overall Post-Season wins (and losses) over the past 4 years. I would rather see My team make it to the Post-Season and lose then not make it to the Playoffs at all.

Edited by kingzoso

Whatever the Angels do record-wise, Mike Trout is always worth watching. I am so glad I am alive to witness Mike Trout's entire career.

Angels 4, Yankees 1.

Woohoo! That redeemed the evening for me!

And yeah, Mike Trout is pretty, pretty good...

The Saint Louis Cardinals finally lost a game last night in extra innings. Thank God because if they would have won They could have gone on a 20+ game winning streak.

Ah those pesky White Sox and Chris Sale and that nasty curve of his. A rematch of a recent series that the Sox finally won, redemption for the Black Sox scandal of 19. My boys have lost two at home but since the rest of the AL East lost, we are still in first. Time to pay back Texas tonight

Hang on ye White Sox!!!!. Orioles still in first! I want Sox to hit a parlay w Brewers and Marlins that already won. Would pay good if they hang on. 2-1 Chicago as I type on my I Pad

I think that you will win your parlay as the White Sox have a 7-1 lead against the Cardinals going into the bottom of the 9th. Cardinals still in first despite losing two games in a row at home at Busch Stadium.

Edited by kingzoso

Angels couldn't get the sweep against those Damn Yankees, losing the third game. What really hurts is that the Astros keep winning...not even the Royals could win a game off Houston. Looking like Wild Card or bust for the Halos. Of course, that never hurt the Giants.

Angels couldn't get the sweep against those Damn Yankees, losing the third game. What really hurts is that the Astros keep winning...not even the Royals could win a game off Houston. Looking like Wild Card or bust for the Halos. Of course, that never hurt the Giants.

Strictly speaking "hypothetically" at this almost mid-point in the 2015 season, if it came down to it, would you like to see the Dodgers beat the Cardinals in the NLDS or NLCS or the Angels defeat the Cardinals in the 2015 World Series? Remember, this is early "hypothetical" speculation.

If the 2015 Post-Season began tomorrow, I am sure most of the pundits and professionals would likely pick the Saint Louis Cardinals as the Team to win it all.

^^^That's easy...I am an Angel fan so I would want to see the Angels win the World Series.

That's cool. It may come down to an Angels/Cardinals World Series or it may come down to a Dodgers/Angels World Series.

I do know that are many others who follow baseball that want their team to make it to the World Series. Many others who's teams have not been to the World Series in years and even decades. To all those, I want to wish your teams good luck. This game of Baseball can and is a very fickle sport. 162 games in a regular season means that all of the teams in the MLB have a chance to win and/or lose big or small. Luckily for me and the Cardinals, the chances of the Cardinals making it to the 2015 Play-Offs is strong (based on Their history and past winning performances).

I think it would be good for the Game if teams such as the Mets, Blue-Jays, Padres, Astros, Twins, Indians, etc... (teams that are usually not really included in the Play-Off chase) to shake things up a bit.

I would even like to see a Cardinals/Royals World Series or a Cardinals/Orioles World Series or a Cardinals/Yankees World Series.

Anyway, I am eager to see which players make the 2015 All-Star Teams from both Leagues.

Edited by kingzoso

That's cool. It may come down to an Angels/Cardinals World Series or it may come down to a Dodgers/Angels World Series.

I do know that are many others who follow baseball that want their team to make it to the World Series. Many others who's teams have not been to the World Series in years and even decades. To all those, I want to wish your teams good luck. This game of Baseball can and is a very fickle sport. 162 games in a regular season means that all of the teams in the MLB have a chance to win and/or lose big or small. Luckily for me and the Cardinals, the chances of the Cardinals making it to the 2015 Play-Offs is strong (based on Their history and past winning performances).

I think it would be good for the Game if teams such as the Mets, Blue-Jays, Padres, Astros, Twins, Indians, etc... (teams that are usually not really included in the Play-Off chase) to shake things up a bit.

I would even like to see a Cardinals/Royals World Series or a Cardinals/Orioles World Series or a Cardinals/Yankees World Series.

Anyway, I am eager to see which players make the 2015 All-Star Teams from both Leagues.

The Angels have NO SHOT. I took the White Sox last night and won a nice 3 teamer as you can imagine the odds on the White Sox at St Louis. Back to the Angels for a minute, they were hot for a bit, but other than having some superstars like Trout and Joyce they really do not have a deep enough staff. They have crashed down to Earth. Houston has been nuts. Their pitching has been unreal. Who saw Keichel coming? Who saw Houston coming? KC blew a 3-0 lead costing me a $150 score. After Dyson tripled in the 7th to tie it I thought they would win. how about those CUBS. Even after a blundering base running error in extra's they managed to beat the Mets. I like them to sweep with Arietta. Gausman will start for the O's tonight. I hope his fastball is on. If it is, we should come out in first place. Then we go to the White Sox and you just never know what you are going to get with them. We will likely have to face Sale in the 4th game.

Texas had a solid series up in Baltimore, Rick that was a good game this evening, I listened to most of it in the garage while doing yard work.

Strider, the Angles are coming to town, should be a great series.

For the first time this season, the Saint Louis Cardinals dropped 3 games in a row at home in Busch Stadium. Even though this is not good, on the flip side, this is not too bad considering that the Cardinals have played about half of Their games at Busch Stadium so far of which They still have the best record in Baseball. 51 wins and 27 losses. 78 total games played and their first 3 game loss at home. I consider that a still very impressive feat.