Hot pics of Jimmy

Henrik

They are March 1976.

Oh God, you're right, I'm an idiot - I've just looked more closely and seen that there are actually pics from three different sessions here - three totally different jackets. It was the white scarf knotted in that same way and the hair being similar that fooled me.

So Ledastray's original pic is of the black jacket with the stripy cuffs sticking out (only my 3rd and 8th pics actually match that one);

then there's the 1976 Kate Simon pics with the pinstripe jacket (your scan; my first pic only) (they look like lovely pics - I've never seen them anywhere else - has anyone?);

then there's the brown jacket with the glittery bits on the shoulders (pics #2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9 and 10 in my post), and they're the '74 Melody Maker ones.

Edited by scylla

Other than my avator, only in his book. We can only hope he puts them in the book with the Presance box set. :wub:

Here's hoping. I was actually really surprised to see him looking so healthy in that period, albeit a bit world-weary.

I did just suddenly think to look in another folder where I never look, and found these two. As usual, saved them ages ago and have no idea where they came from. Are they the same session? (He seems to have lost the disc-shaped ring).

1976_zps252609cf.jpg

1976j_zps369f39f2.jpg

Edited by scylla

You're missing this one. ;) Yes, I agree because supposedly by '75 onwards he was getting deeper into heroin.

172647_183228538381649_100000835113667_3

Ooh, that's a nice one, thankyou. Into the collection it goes, although the fact that I'm now completely forgetting what I've seen before and what I haven't is making me worry that my harmless little hobby may be getting out of hand...

Yeah, I definitely had the idea that when they went into their long hiatus after Robert's car crash was when he really started falling down the rabbit hole.

burroughsjimmypage.jpg

Here's my favorite of the photos of the two magicians.

Also, I think this gallery needs a fainting couch. Here's a nice Victorian one.

6515ae53c185287041a692fe06ad1ac5.jpg

I love those pictures with William Burroughs. They are among my favorites. I love that scarf. :wub:

Ooh, that's a nice one, thankyou. Into the collection it goes, although the fact that I'm now completely forgetting what I've seen before and what I haven't is making me worry that my harmless little hobby may be getting out of hand...

Yeah, I definitely had the idea that when they went into their long hiatus after Robert's car crash was when he really started falling down the rabbit hole.

Don't worry. It's very easy to forget oneself with Jimmy. ;) I think he was before Robert.

Edited by aen27

There could be a thread just for scarf pictures. There are so many distinctive ones. And the sweaters and sweater vests.

Do any of you know who knitted his iconic knits, like the Zoso sweater? His wife? Mother? Kind groupie? I can't imagine he knitted them himself.

I like the layered scarves in this photo.

scarf.jpg

And this picture is hilarious! Bonzo is looking at Jimmy as if to say "You're weird and your mother dresses you funny."

jimmypagezoso.jpg

^I don't think he started looking unhealthily thin or drugged until around 1977, storm trooper outfit times.

Yes, it's the pics from '77 where he's starting to look like an X-ray. (I just read Lisa Robinson's book and she called him "scary skinny" in 1975 but he doesn't look so in photos). I also saw his "Egyptian suit" in the V&A (dated "circa 1975") and it really does look like it's made for a child, to the extent that I just didn't believe the dating. I dunno...the camera adds ten pounds?

Speaking of which, can anyone date these? Even though he looks happy, I find them quite upsetting - the legs. I presumed '77 (stormtrooper boots).

z1_zpse9c15bc2.jpg

z2_zps2ca0f1ef.jpg

Today in New York. :wub:

ottowasun514_zpsd49a7fba.jpg

Aen my dear, thank you for posting this here!

I saw it today and thought it was just a stunning photo of him!

Jimmy is still one of the most beautiful and photogenic people ever born, the camera loves him and the eye is drawn to him. :wub: indeed!

Aen my dear, thank you for posting this here!

I saw it today and thought it was just a stunning photo of him!

Jimmy is still one of the most beautiful and photogenic people ever born, the camera loves him and the eye is drawn to him. :wub: indeed!

Ahh -- You have not see this, yet. Cookie just posted this on Led Zeppelin News by Ross today. :wub:

BntdcypCIAEeasT_zps01216cd3.jpg

we need to come up with different departments of jimmy. I call shotgun on his hair care duties

That's a high pressure job!

I read the stage wear sometimes smelled icky, so I'll be in charge of laundering the dragon and poppy suits.

He said in Light and Shade that the dragon suit survived the wearing and tearing. It must've been indestructible.

tumblr_mvs46nlcoq1s9dapxo1_500.jpg