Greta Van Fleet

mesamay2003

Even on some of their live stuff the singer and guitar player do a matching musical interlude just like Robert and Jimmy. I listened to an interview where they said they were influenced by Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters and other blues legends... but no mention of Led Zeppelin. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was listening to an interview last week where they said they were putting out another 2 EPs digitally for a total of 3. Then putting out vinyl and other physical mediums a little later. The younger brother of the group was saying they have been writing for the last few years and have a lot of finished and unfinished songs. He figures about an album or two worth of material. I can't wait!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a session on Sirius' Octane Channel...it's really good. At the 13:22 mark the lead singer, Josh, talks about his musical influences, including Robert Plant obviously. They do a really good cover of Rolling In The Depp by Adele at the 15:28 mark.

Musicianship-wise, they seem like the real deal to me. It's also impressive that they're so young but already have been performing and writing songs for five years. Whether or not they're a flash in the pan or become established artists probably will depend on the quality of their songwriting, which to my ears is pretty good, if not great - but definitely agree there's a lot of potential there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2017 at 7:48 PM, timothy5151 said:

Even on some of their live stuff the singer and guitar player do a matching musical interlude just like Robert and Jimmy. I listened to an interview where they said they were influenced by Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters and other blues legends... but no mention of Led Zeppelin. 

BECAUSE  they are LIARS! 

I seen that interview & u could see right through him.  SHAME ON THE KID!

Yea  I got syked hearing the first song then as SOON as you hear their next song (Any) u catch on that these are all songs with mixed up Zep arangements ,intros ,lyrics ! More than using the same  themes to a Zep song 》 u can literally call off different Zep songs by name that they are copying off of!

Yes he sounds like the young "on the road singing live Robert"   but singing to jumbled up Actual Zep songs music !

By the third song you are really ANNOYED that they think by calling off Zeps influences (Led Belly ,Howlin Wolf etc...) makes them legit!

SINCE THEY MADE A POINT TO NOT mention the Almighty Zep as an influence 》

They lost their chance of any legit street cred when it comes down to it!

Kingdom Come yrs ago blew it by pretending they never heard of Jimmy Page!   "Get it On's" 

(btw a  wonderful,powerful & fun song

WHAT A RIFF! Vocals,lyrics ,drums all of it! Was just such an experience for the Zep thirsty teenager I was in the 80's. 

I would just close my eyes & pretend it WAS "our boys" who were "pushing hard to play their best" it made me Love Zep even more somehow!)

.....Riff Might actually been lifted right from Jimmys stolen jam tapes yrs ago! who knows.

I even question Claptons "Layla" riff !  Thats a Jimmy Page riff if i ever heard one! as Jimmy was just working with Clapton daily for months !  

Next thing u know Claptons with Duane Alman (r.i.p.)  across the ocean & idk whos claiming credit for the riff !  Pagey could have just been messin around jamming as he came up with his pet name for Eric 

"slowhand"

! Isnt Pagey who 1st called Clapton that??

Anyway Pagey & Jonesy got no reason to be impressed enough to mention Gretta Van Fleese because its their own chopped up sound.

As far as Percy goes....he  could probly care les the kid sounds alot like ANOTHER clone of him.

18 hours ago, 76229 said:

This band are the real deal and might become as big as late '80s Guns & Roses. THAT big.

I agree, sure they sound like Zep, so have many bands in the past, however in an era where people who can't sing are called superstars, this is a band that has the world in front of them.

Here's something I found on from 2014. They must be 14-17 years old in this. Great stuff. There's no denying the Zeppelin influence. I'm glad they are currently going with their own look and sound. I love their 4 song Ep and look forward to more studio stuff. I'm really digging this group. Such a refreshing sound to a lot of today's rock music. I've seen a few website with voting for the best new artists type of thing and most of the time the other contenders sound all the same.... that crappy corporate rock with vocals that sound like Nickleback/Puddle Of Mud/Theory Of A Deadman/ etc...etc

• 2 weeks later...