Jimmy Page photo shoot at Abbey Road Studios

zeplz71

4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

More posing. :slapface:

There's a microphone in front of one of the amps.
He might have actually played a couple of notes too.
Certainly a pointless exercise, unless....
he's using the rig to re-amp a guitar part from an old recording that had a dry (i.e. direct from the instrument) guitar signal and he wants to recreate the exact sound....

47 minutes ago, woz70 said:

There's a microphone in front of one of the amps.
He might have actually played a couple of notes too.
Certainly a pointless exercise, unless....
he's using the rig to re-amp a guitar part from an old recording that had a dry (i.e. direct from the instrument) guitar signal and he wants to recreate the exact sound....

Thought provoking. :drinks:

The guitar is plugged in. 

The light on the amp head appears to be on, the amp head on the cab that has a mic’ in front of it.

Setting up the old rig in Abbey road would make sense if you wanted to overdub some parts on old recordings or make a new recording with an older vibe,I guess? 

Setting it all up and getting dressed up at abbey road to have some photographs taken? 

I think he was playing and it and recording it

He's got one of his Transperformance auto-tuning guitars strapped on. Theremin just in view to the right. Typical 90's Whole Lotta Love setup.

Could be just a photoshoot, but why go to the expense of hiring Abbey Road? Not a cheap venue. I still think he's re-amping a direct from guitar recording and using ambience from the room in Abbey Road to add some depth to the sound. 

Wonder what era the recording is from 😉?

Abbey Road have been investing heavily in de-mixing technology..... used extensively for The Beatles and some early Stones recordings recently.  Could open up lots of possibilities for re-balancing  so-called 'soundboard' recordings.

Very interesting. 

Edited by woz70

2 hours ago, woz70 said:

He's got one of his Transperformance auto-tuning guitars strapped on. Theremin just in view to the right. Typical 90's Whole Lotta Love setup.

Could be just a photoshoot, but why go to the expense of hiring Abbey Road? Not a cheap venue. I still think he's re-amping a direct from guitar recording and using ambience from the room in Abbey Road to add some depth to the sound. 

Wonder what era the recording is from 😉?

Abbey Road have been investing heavily in de-mixing technology..... used extensively for The Beatles and some early Stones recordings recently.  Could open up lots of possibilities for re-balancing  so-called 'soundboard' recordings.

Very interesting. 

Just on the guitar - I’m not certain, but I don’t think the guitar would be typical of the 70s rig? 

Would the 90s one be the gold coloured one ? 

At first I thought it was the red coloured one 

43 minutes ago, JAP said:

Just on the guitar - I’m not certain, but I don’t think the guitar would be typical of the 70s rig? 

Would the 90s one be the gold coloured one ? 

At first I thought it was the red coloured one 

The first of Page's Transperformance guitars appeared at the end of the Coverdale/Page sessions, and he managed to do some overdubs on one of the tracks (Absolution Blues?  Can't remember offhand).
Definitely not 70's canon - required 90's computer technology and gutting the inside of the guitar to fit the motors & brain inside.

Great, hopefully the mood in here will lighten somewhat to speculation instead of the near flood of disappointment.

I hope the "de-mix" technology is suitably showcased to Mr Page and piques his interest SUPREME. Oh, well wow, that really puts a lot more back on the table... kinda thinking.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Do we really want a live album from the 70s with overdubs done in 2018?

I'm probably jumping the gun a bit there but it does all seem a bit odd.

I’d accept it, depending of the end result. 

Does seem odd though?

I like the whole thing.  It's a classic Zeppelin style tease meant to appease, and just for our benefit.  Could mean a lot of things, but it surely wasn't just a photo shoot.  No logical reason to drag everything there just to shoot some pics. Lol...That would cost money.  My Zep instincts ?  Overdub work on an old studio recording, as opposed to anything live.  All will be revealed.  :ph34r:  

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:10 PM, zeplz71 said:

JP.jpg

That's either the ghost of Alister Crowley in the window on Jimmy's right, or Sitting Bull and a dream catcher ?  My imagination can't decide.  Pic must have been taken through a studio window...crazy shadows.

10 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

That's either the ghost of Alister Crowley in the window on Jimmy's right, or Sitting Bull and a dream catcher ?  My imagination can't decide.  Pic must have been taken through a studio window...crazy shadows.

Calm down, get a grip —your imagination is running wild ! Next you’ll be imagining that Jimmy is working on a new album and getting “match fit” for a tour with his new band ...

15 minutes ago, Paganini said:

Calm down, get a grip —your imagination is running wild ! Next you’ll be imagining that Jimmy is working on a new album and getting “match fit” for a tour with his new band ...

Lol.....So you mean that's not the Masonic symbol superimposed on that upper amp ?  :lol:    Okay....no tour or album.  Just some more beloved live harmonizer over-dubs heading our way.