Toronto 71 More Complete Soundboard?

John M

I found this after seeing a brief mention on Royal Orleans.com - I am not a member there so I cannot see the whole thread.  It appears from this that there is a soundboard that includes the first four songs, which as far as I knew were not available as soundboard.  Has anyone heard this?  

https://for-real-collectors.com/led-zeppelin-midsummer-nights-dream-1971-3cd-with-obi-strip/

1769390713_TorontosoundboardcoverWendy.thumb.jpg.9fbfd160f6a3c8a38e0b9ddf0bcefa83.jpg

The original poster for that thread said:

Anyone know more about this claim? Just received this info via email ...

NEW NEW LED ZEPPELIN / MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM 1971 【3CD】 3 CD WENDY LABEL $106
ATTENTION 4 FIRST SONG ON THIS SET AS NEVER APPEAR BEFORE ON SOUNDBOARD
FOR THE 1ST TIME ON SB YOU GET TO LISTEN TO THIS 4 SONGS NO OTHER LABEL CAME OUT WITH IT YET SO IT IS HUGE UPGRADE
SOUNDBOARD RECORDING DISC ONE FOR THE 1ST TIME ON SB
01. Immigrant Song
02. Heartbreaker
03. Black Dog
04. Dazed and Confused
MAPLE LEAF GARDENS, TORONTO ONTARIO, CANADA September 4, 1971 SOUNDBOARD AND AUD TAPES

DISC ONE SOUNDBOARD RECORDING
DISC TWO AND DISC THREE AUDIENCE RECORDING

Which would lead me to believe that this actually is more of the board tape since they put so much emphasis on the new source. Then again it's Wendy who aren't exactly known for putting out new material so we'll have to see!

4 hours ago, zeplz71 said:

Is it a typo?  There are audio samples on https://www.giginjapan.com/led-zeppelin-71midsummer-night-dream/ but all from the audience recording.

Argenteum-astrum  bootleg site mentions this new release but nothing about additional tracks from the soundboard source.

It could be a typo, but it's interesting that the SBD tracklisting in the image skips over SIBLY. If it were a typo/farce, Iit don't think there would be that trivial of a detail. However I could be reading too much into it.

4 hours ago, Sticks of Fire said:

Wow, this would be awesome.   It always seemed weird why only the middle of the show was available.   I wonder if anyone at the Hotel knows about this?  Maybe “dantheman” or Pernod or Your Overlord knows?

Yonks ago, when animals still talked. Around 1991, I think,  there was the Lost and Found story on mysterious Zeppelin tape boxes. The content of these tape boxes led to the silver release of Scorpio's 'Studio Daze' and 'Jennings Farm Blues'. With hinsight you could assume this was a fabricated story, but it wasn't. Andy Adams of the fanzine  'Early Days & Latter Days' was describing a box that contained the multitrack 2" tape from Long Beach. A similar box with studio recordings for 'No Quarter' and another containing LZIII stuff including 'That's the Way', Since I've been loving you plus Blues Medley (AKA 'Feel So Bad'). Nothing spectacular you might think...but the interesting part comes next. The Long Beach reel contained Moby Dick (only to be released two years later on 'One More Daze', One tape box containing a 1/4" (two track)  reel from Toronto 1971 which contained the well known SB material (Stairway- Moby Dick) and another tape box with Hampton 71 (also still unreleased in 1991). Andy Adams clearly states the Toronto reel was "all there is, there is no more". The fact these randomly 'found' (stolen?) tape boxes were part of larger tape archive is for sure. Hugh Jones published an interview with "Mr. Jennings" in Proximity (1999) revealing more or less the same story, from a different perspective.

Compare the details from the official Super deluxe releases (2014-15). 

Most likely the 1/4" reel to reel tape from Toronto was/is reel nr.2 from a set of three. Hampton same story. Just like the 1971 Osaka SB material, you can rest assured  there is more...only the bootleggers don't have it right now. I'll enclose the Andy Adams article from 'Early Days & Latter Days', issue 2 (1991). Happy reading! 

Scan 2019-10-25 07.43.24.jpg

Scan 2019-10-25 07.43.24 1.jpg

11 minutes ago, John M said:

I don't know how reliable this source is but it says that the new version includes 4 songs not previously released on soundboard.

http://ledzepnews.com/2019/10/25/a-led-zeppelin-soundboard-recording-from-1971-is-being-released/ 

Copies info from here and other places on the web, so means nothing lol.

5 hours ago, John M said:

I don't know how reliable this source is but it says that the new version includes 4 songs not previously released on soundboard.

http://ledzepnews.com/2019/10/25/a-led-zeppelin-soundboard-recording-from-1971-is-being-released/ 

I went over there yesterday, thinking that it was an Official release...LOL.  There was a "link" to show further information, but all that was there was the artwork for the CD.

Where does one acquire one of these, Ebay ?

Edited by mickey g

1 hour ago, duckman said:

Bad news from the Hotel Orleans (and a big thank you to Andy Adams)...the four tracks included on the Wendy 3CD are copied from the Beeb 71 Paris Theatre show. What a rip off 😡

Just saw and was coming here to deliver the bad news...utterly atrocious. I'd been looking forward to this all week, it's such a letdown and a below the belt move by Wendy.

I guess it makes sense that it’s fake, if the Toronto soundboard is truly split into 3 reels like it is commonly believed to be, than surely the first reel would include since I’ve been loving you because we already know it’s not on the second reel.

12 hours ago, EthanG said:

I guess it makes sense that it’s fake, if the Toronto soundboard is truly split into 3 reels like it is commonly believed to be, than surely the first reel would include since I’ve been loving you because we already know it’s not on the second reel.

If it were real they could have sold it as they advertised, then turned around in 6 months and included SIBLY and sold it all over again which seems to be normal.

However, don't be surprised if they are selling the full show in 6 months using the audience source and the full soundboard (of the Paris show).

Yep. Wendy’s last noteworthy release was one of the Dallas 75 boards, which was one of the only soundboards to not be sourced from an EV title. Since then, it’s been a steady stream of re-hashes, un-credited clones, bad EQ jobs, and wind-chime-metallic-noise-reduced shows, often with other dates spliced in to make them complete.

In today’s game, it’s all about Empress Valley, Graf Zeppelin, Lighthouse/No Label, Golden Eggs, and Eat a Peach.

On 11/6/2019 at 8:02 AM, pluribus said:

Yep. Wendy’s last noteworthy release was one of the Dallas 75 boards, which was one of the only soundboards to not be sourced from an EV title.

And what title would that be? The first incarnation of the march 5, 75 Dallas SB (90 minutes only) was released in 89 on CD (Rock Records) and LP (Toasted Condor), During the SB revolution EV released a more complete version of the show. Wendy's Zapruder hit the streets after EV, if memory serves me well.