More Bonnaroo Rumours

SIBLY

I couldn't agree more. I did my 4 days in the field at Knebworth...don't think I could do that again. Years later, getting the elevator from my room to the gig at the MGM Grand Las Vegas was bliss but even that was topped in 2002 when Robert said we could use his limo to ride to the venue in Lisbon. We were driven right into backstage area and Roy's (tour manager) face when we piled out was priceless!

So true.

The Bonneroo Festival promoters are'nt making up anything. They have confirmed that Plant and Krauss WILL be performing. The rumors were sparked from that!

People....PLEASE stop these nonsence rumor threads. Or better yet.....can the mods start cleaning up the trash around here. It's getting out of hand. I find it hard to find anything worthwhile on Zep amongst all these rediculous threads!!!

The Bonneroo Festival promoters are'nt making up anything. They have confirmed that Plant and Krauss WILL be performing. The rumors were sparked from that!

People....PLEASE stop these nonsence rumor threads. Or better yet.....can the mods start cleaning up the trash around here. It's getting out of hand. I find it hard to find anything worthwhile on Zep amongst all these rediculous threads!!!

thank you ! I feel exactly the same way! these threads.. jeez! <_<

People....

At the risk of sounding like a curmudgeon, I understand and support what you're saying about the "nonsense" threads. I am not a trainspotter (at least I don't self-identify as one) but, in part because they've been such an important part of my life, I take my Zep history, facts, and information seriously. I do have a sense of humor and like to have fun with some of the antics that went on back in the day but I usually reverse those discussions for PMs or email. I am not an audiophile and I don't collect or have much knowledge of boots but I am interested and will read a discussion about, for example, the differences between the guitars/equipment Jimmy used to play STH in the '72 concerts and the guitars/equipment he used for STH in the '73 concerts. I am also curious to go beyond that: why and how did he make the decision to change? How did the sound differ? Were those decisions solely his or was it a collaborate effort among all the Zep guys? Even things like, was he satisfied with those changes? Was it the sound he was seeking? etc.

I think that the three mods are doing the best job under the circumstances. I always think it is probably like "riding your fences": you are busy checking on and repairing one place and something else erupts on the other side of the ranch. So, you ride back around to check things there, but something else happens in another place. So it's an ongoing effort and you do the best that you can.

Just my tarnished and dented two cents.

hey, guess what?

Nobody will ever Led Zeppelin again, 'cause whether the four of them tour or not, it ain't Led Zeppelin...

I don't want to be mean here, but geez, let these guys live their lives. Led Zeppelin has to stop someday. are you going to keep begging for a "Led Zeppelin" tour when Plant is the only one still alive? hey, Jason, Jimmy's daughter and John Paul's son can fill in, it can be just like Led Zeppelin, the blood's there, so it must be the same.

Nobody will ever Led Zeppelin again, 'cause whether the four of them tour or not, it ain't Led Zeppelin...

Even if Bonham had lived some people would be saying it "isn't led Zeppelin" because they are older. Even if you could go back in time would it be Led Zeppelin because YOU are older and can not experience it in the same way? You can really take purism to absurd lengths. Just chill out and enjoy the music.

Robert Plant doesn't need that much rehearsal.

Eternal Light, you are so right

Robert won't be stretching his voice too much on the songs he sings with Allison. It would probably work to his advantage, a warm up. I really don't think he'll do it though. His solo career is at such a high point, and he seems to love working with Allison. But, you never can tell.

it doesn't sound likely that this would happen but if it's for real then i live in TN! i've never wanted to go to bonaroo before - though The Police being there last year almost convinced me - because it's just so crowded and uncomfortable but if led zep's there then i'd have to go! led zep in the united states (much less TN!) is a must go!

ITS NOT HAPPENING, I posted the news on here before but some idiot keeps deleting my post, The promoter of Bonnarro Festival says they are not booked!! End of story, for the idiot who keeps deleting my post if you have something against me tell me in my face!! dont be a coward! Delete and hide Sissy!

Well rumor has it that Zep will play the garden in July!

Jeff Ricci

ITS NOT HAPPENING, I posted the news on here before but some idiot keeps deleting my post, The promoter of Bonnarro Festival says they are not booked!! End of story, for the idiot who keeps deleting my post if you have something against me tell me in my face!! dont be a coward! Delete and hide Sissy!

Jeff Ricci

They won't announce the line-up for Bonnaroo until the end of the month or early next month, so we don't know.

This is Led Zeppelin's official site; I wonder why they would delete such a post.

www.bonnaroo.com/bonnaroo-2008-dates-announced

Jeff Ricci

I noticed they deleted your post but left the posts by that nazi guy named timusk. :wtf:

I liked the part about the assclown and left you a nice comment. :)

By the way, I've been to Bonnaroo twice, (years 2 and 4) both times by accident. :lol: Got stuck in traffic on my way to North Carolina, so I just stayed.

Archived