The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

10 minutes ago, hummingbird69 said:

Lefties have no sense of humor. Anything that pokes fun at or reveals the irony of their own ways is offensive by default.

my favorite is global warming as they swoop in  on lear jets, grab some limos, fall asleep at the convention (Angry Grandpa Biden) fill their bags full of donations, back in limo to the lear jet we go, not sure whats worse, being these assholes or believing these assholes

1 hour ago, custard pie man said:

my favorite is global warming as they swoop in  on lear jets, grab some limos, fall asleep at the convention (Angry Grandpa Biden) fill their bags full of donations, back in limo to the lear jet we go, not sure whats worse, being these assholes or believing these assholes

100%

2 hours ago, custard pie man said:

Schumer is telling lies again, this time, about the supreme court not looking like the people in the country. He says back in 1981 the court didn't look like the the country.

First off, A Black Man named Thurgood Marshall served Associate Supreme Court Judge from 67 to 91 so I think he needs to go back to school.

Secondly, someone should tell him that it doesn't matter what you look like as long as you are qualified for the job.

All of these politicians should be removed from office by the people tomorrow and we should start over from scratch.

Edited by hummingbird69

2 hours ago, custard pie man said:

arnie-arnold-schwarzenegger.gif

11 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Lefties have no sense of humor. Anything that pokes fun at or reveals the irony of their own ways is offensive by default.

I'm no leftie. I do have a sense of humour and i did think it was funny but i stand by my comment. Memes are a product of the I and Me generation as the name MEME implies,

Edited by Reggie29

14 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

I think you may have misread the meme, Neil Young never sold his 50% share of his catalogue for $1B.

You're the one misreading, the meme doesn't claim that at all, it claims that Young sold half his catalog to Hipgnosis, which is factually correct.  The 1B refers to a deal between Hipgnosis and Blackstone, also factually correct.  The point of all of this is that there are enough connections between enough parties here who have a proven track record of dishonesty, that it's reasonable to draw certain conclusions.  You have to be worse than naive and gullible to characterize Blackstone as an "investment company", they are the epitome of parasitical finance capital that exists because of its privileged connections to the State.  They are not even remotely a legitimate, free market institution.  You probably believe that billionaires meet at Davos to discuss skiing or where their kids are going to school.  

11 minutes ago, JohnOsbourne said:

You're the one misreading, the meme doesn't claim that at all, it claims that Young sold half his catalog to Hipgnosis, which is factually correct.  The 1B refers to a deal between Hipgnosis and Blackstone, also factually correct.  The point of all of this is that there are enough connections between enough parties here who have a proven track record of dishonesty, that it's reasonable to draw certain conclusions.  You have to be worse than naive and gullible to characterize Blackstone as an "investment company", they are the epitome of parasitical finance capital that exists because of its privileged connections to the State.  They are not even remotely a legitimate, free market institution.  You probably believe that billionaires meet at Davos to discuss skiing or where their kids are going to school.  

Settle, petal, (thanks Julie).

Whether Blackstone is reputable or not, they are still an investment company. If you have a bank account does that make you complicit in the dodgy goings on within the banking sector? No. It'd be more concerning if someone bought shares in that company rather than sell something to them. Davos?

Btw, I am neither naive nor gullible. You may not agree with me and that's fine but don't insult my intelligence by making unfounded statements about  what my political views or my beliefs are.

On 2/2/2022 at 2:31 PM, SteveAJones said:

Joe Rogan kneels to the woke mob. So long, Joe.

Joe Rogan apologises to Neil Young and vows to make changes (msn.com)

I guess you could consider this the first time. But he leans in either direction depending on who he has a guest. Just listen to his podcast with Bernie, or Dave Chappell, or Bill Maher.  Then listen to it with Alex Jones, Jordan Peterson, or Ben Shapiro, he is like most people, he wants to be liked. It’s human nature. He would certainly never admit to being right leaning or right wing. He will say he is a libertarian. I’ve listened to a good portion of his podcasts going back to 2010. At first it was him and his comedian buddies, smoking weed, drinking whiskey and talking shit. And he would regularly say that. “ don’t listen to me, I’m a dummy who is talking shit”. Literally almost every show he would say that. it then started to get into some of his personal interests, and certainly the last couple of years have been more politically driven. 

I don’t even know if I’m disappointed, I think it is what I expected from a guy like him. He wants a paycheck, and wants to leave a legacy. Kind of similar to most of us. He is in a position where he could make and take a stand, but it would absolutely effect his shows, podcasts, as well as comedy tours. He has been touring with Dave Chappell off and on since Covid, and taking that stand would have some pretty serious consequences for himself and his brand. By apologizing, he may lose a handful of listeners. Really at this point I expect all of them to apologize for their thoughts and actions when cancel culture comes to get you. And that is on either side. 

Cheers Steve. 

6 hours ago, Plant77 said:

I guess you could consider this the first time. But he leans in either direction depending on who he has a guest. Just listen to his podcast with Bernie, or Dave Chappell, or Bill Maher.  Then listen to it with Alex Jones, Jordan Peterson, or Ben Shapiro, he is like most people, he wants to be liked. It’s human nature. He would certainly never admit to being right leaning or right wing. He will say he is a libertarian. I’ve listened to a good portion of his podcasts going back to 2010. At first it was him and his comedian buddies, smoking weed, drinking whiskey and talking shit. And he would regularly say that. “ don’t listen to me, I’m a dummy who is talking shit”. Literally almost every show he would say that. it then started to get into some of his personal interests, and certainly the last couple of years have been more politically driven. 

I don’t even know if I’m disappointed, I think it is what I expected from a guy like him. He wants a paycheck, and wants to leave a legacy. Kind of similar to most of us. He is in a position where he could make and take a stand, but it would absolutely effect his shows, podcasts, as well as comedy tours. He has been touring with Dave Chappell off and on since Covid, and taking that stand would have some pretty serious consequences for himself and his brand. By apologizing, he may lose a handful of listeners. Really at this point I expect all of them to apologize for their thoughts and actions when cancel culture comes to get you. And that is on either side. 

Cheers Steve. 

I wanted him to go full Howard Stern and just ride Neil Young like a rented moped for the next two weeks. Say things like, "Most of Neil's fans aren't on Spotify, they're on life support".

9 hours ago, Plant77 said:

Cheers Steve. 

off topic, but reading your post and what Rogan is or does had me thinking about nascar and the 1990's in america. Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt were two of the biggest stars and brought 100k fans to every race and millions of tv viewers and their fans hated each other, to go to a race was just brutal and  these  two drivers played it to perfection, had many business dealings together, made millions  apon millions of dollars  and years after Dale died Gordon said it perfectly about their relationship, they were friends and business partners who never cared much if 100,000 people were booing the shit out of you or cheering for you so long as they were making noise then we were making money! So surprised for that reason alone Rogan caved in, it really doesn't matter who is right or wrong  just the fact that something big is brewing might as well capitalize on it , that and the fact that he had the numbers kind of surprised me with his actions

14 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Schumer is telling lies again, this time, about the supreme court not looking like the people in the country. He says back in 1981 the court didn't look like the the country.

First off, A Black Man named Thurgood Marshall served Associate Supreme Court Judge from 67 to 91 so I think he needs to go back to school.

Secondly, someone should tell him that it doesn't matter what you look like as long as you are qualified for the job.

All of these politicians should be removed from office by the people tomorrow and we should start over from scratch.

It was Chucky Schmucky who threatened the supreme court justices on the steps that violence would come to them and he was saved by the bell, believe China and their virus rescued Chucky just couple days later  and took him off the hot seat. have you ever seen the footage of Chucky getting ready for a press conference in NY when a middle aged lady  last year walked up to him and just ripped into him and his entourage for about 15 minutes, he tried to remove her but she wouldn't have any of it, just hysterical

3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I wanted him to go full Howard Stern and just ride Neil Young like a rented moped for the next two weeks. Say things like, "Most of Neil's fans aren't on Spotify, they're on life support".

Or, "Skynyrd was right, Southern man doesn't need him.  No one does, in fact."

51 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Yeah, great story.  While they do call him by name, they ask neil to remember, That southern Man don't need him around any how. The word him in that line refers to the black man. I.E. hey neil we don't need blacks around anyhow.

Edited by hummingbird69

6 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Yeah, great story.  While they do call him by name, they ask neil to remember, That southern Man don't need him around any how. The word him in that line refers to the black man. I.E. hey neil we don't need blacks around anyhow.

I don't interpret it that way at all. "Him" directly refers to Neil Young as the members of Lynrd Skynrd resented Young's broad suggestion that they, as Southern men, did not know right from wrong.    

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

I don't interpret it that way at all. "Him" directly refers to Neil Young as the members of Lynrd Skynrd resented Young's broad suggestion that they, as Southern men, did not know right from wrong.    

I'm stickin to my story. you're welcome to yours.

7 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

I'm stickin to my story. you're welcome to yours.

Well, it's not my story it's the band's. They weren't a racist band and would not have written such a racist lyric.

Racists Ruined the Confederate Flag for Lynyrd Skynyrd - The Atlantic

Edited by SteveAJones