The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

13 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

Yes I have. As i always do with all the other posts with dubious assumptions, presumptions and / or sources.. 

Hipgnosis is a UK based company formed in the 1970's that started out creating artwork which included album covers for Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Yes and AC/DC to name a few. Since then they have acquired catalogues from various bands and performers.

All this hating on Neil Young, I don't understand. He can be abrasive at times and what he originally posted was an error in judgement to which he removed and rewrote. I don't always agree with his politics but I will always love his music, I even wrote and recorded a song about him.

One of the reasons he is pro-vaccination is he suffered from polio as a child.

He has done more (hands on) work for charity than all of the major corporations put together.

He recently auctioned off most of his guitars (I was going to bid for a Fender Telecaster but it was out of my price range) and other instruments etc. and some of his model railway collection (that he built for his son Ben who suffers from cerebral palsy). Why? To raise funds for the Bridge School for Autistic Children. Something you are very familiar with.

He also raised millions for the people of Haiti after the disaster there.

Don't forget Farm Aid created by him, John Mellencamp and willie Nelson. Providing more assistance for American farmers than their own government.

As for Spotify, artists are only paid 0.0037 cents per streaming. Ripping off the performers. 

Even Joe Rogan has issued a video apologising for getting some of the podcast "information" wrong and admitting he was a Neil Young fan. Google it.

Yeah, I  know who hipgnosis is, but what about the rest of the meme, any truth?

Polio vaccine is nothing like these new covid ones. It's beyond ridiculous to try to compare.

I love Neil's music, too and it's great that he's philanthropic, but I don't agree with him on his Spotify stance.

I doubt Rogan has spread misinformation,  rather information that needs to be heard.

14 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

Yes I have. As i always do with all the other posts with dubious assumptions, presumptions and / or sources.. 

Hipgnosis is a UK based company formed in the 1970's that started out creating artwork which included album covers for Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Yes and AC/DC to name a few. Since then they have acquired catalogues from various bands and performers.

All this hating on Neil Young, I don't understand. He can be abrasive at times and what he originally posted was an error in judgement to which he removed and rewrote. I don't always agree with his politics but I will always love his music, I even wrote and recorded a song about him.

One of the reasons he is pro-vaccination is he suffered from polio as a child.

He has done more (hands on) work for charity than all of the major corporations put together.

He recently auctioned off most of his guitars (I was going to bid for a Fender Telecaster but it was out of my price range) and other instruments etc. and some of his model railway collection (that he built for his son Ben who suffers from cerebral palsy). Why? To raise funds for the Bridge School for Autistic Children. Something you are very familiar with.

He also raised millions for the people of Haiti after the disaster there.

Don't forget Farm Aid created by him, John Mellencamp and willie Nelson. Providing more assistance for American farmers than their own government.

As for Spotify, artists are only paid 0.0037 cents per streaming. Ripping off the performers. 

Even Joe Rogan has issued a video apologising for getting some of the podcast "information" wrong and admitting he was a Neil Young fan. Google it.

You did not address a single point in the meme, as you were asked to.  We don't need a history lesson on Hipgnosis, BTW.  

Nothing in that meme appears to be inaccurate, although of course it doesn't establish causation (food for thought is always appealing, some of us would agree):

Fact Check: Trending meme highlights link between Neil Young, Pfizer, Vaccine Misinformation and the company that paid him $1 billion for his music (shorenewsnetwork.com)

Hipgnosis, Blackstone in Music Investment Partnership, Stake Deal – The Hollywood Reporter

Like I've said before, I'm old enough to remember when left-liberals pretended to be bothered by slimy collaboration with big finance, crony capitalism, etc.  Now they don't even bother faking it.  Dishonest pieces of shit.  Just like Neil Young.

11 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

It's an odd marriage if true. Regardless, the Left has been on a Joe Rogan witch hunt for quite awhile now. I've never used Spotify and definitely won't now that they've caved in the name of corporate wokeness.

Exactly. Rogan has Rush Limbaugh numbers (ratings) and that scares them, so there’s been a campaign to try to silence him. Now, that he’s caved in, he’s lost the respect from more than half of his audience. 

R😎

Edited by reids

1 hour ago, hummingbird69 said:

That's terrible,  good luck!

Thanks, hoping for an eleventh hour reprieve  now that has been shown and accepted that

a. Vaccination doesn't stop transmission  and

b. Our CHO has said that two shots don't protect, you need at least one booster.

The company I work for used the reason that vaccines stopped transmission between team members, so that's no longer valid. 

10 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

You did not address a single point in the meme, as you were asked to.  We don't need a history lesson on Hipgnosis, BTW.  

OK, here goes.

Blackstone is an investment company. Like most corporations they invest in many businesses. So they employed a FORMER CEO of Pfizer as an advisor, So What? That doesn't prove any of them have any affiliation to Pfizer. 

Jeffrey B. Kindler retired rom Pfizer in 2010. A decade before Covid,  He had nothing to do with the Covid vaccine production.

I think you may have misread the meme, Neil Young never sold his 50% share of his catalogue for $1B. The quote was, " Blackstone and Hipgnosis Song Management launch a $1 billion partnership to invest in recorded music, music IP and royalties."

Neil Young retracted the initial Spotify request (something I mentioned before), and issued a new one. Even he knew Spotify would not let Rogan go in spite of them losing billions of market value.

Rogan admitted that some misinformation had been given in some of his podcasts.

For the record there has been a lot of misinformation and conflicting data spread from all sides over the last two years.

Edited by Reggie29

15 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Joe Rogan kneels to the woke mob. So long, Joe.

Joe Rogan apologises to Neil Young and vows to make changes (msn.com)

don't watch him other  than sometimes he is on a hunting show, meat eater, this was a very big mistake by caving in, always wonder if the left has compromising pictures or something to force their will, I mean how the hell did the Clintons never get thrown in jail? (off topic)

Neil Young’s Long Record of Spreading Scientific Misinformation

Louis Anslow
January 25, 2022·5 min read
In keeping with his career-long tradition of performative activism, Neil Young demanded in a (since-deleted) open letter on his website that Spotify either remove his music or Joe Rogan’s podcast from its service—in the name of quelling COVID-19 vaccine misinformation.

Spotify purchased the rights to stream the The Joe Rogan Experience in 2020 for $100 million. Critics have argued Spotify is culpable when Rogan casts doubts on vaccines, features vax-skeptical guests, or touts unproven COVID medications to his millions of listeners.

For his stance, Young is basking in praise as a principled musician willing to sacrifice his own streaming revenue in the name of science, technological progress, and public health.

This is the same Neil Young who in 2015 released an entire album, The Monsanto Years, that’s wall-to-wall songs from an anti-biotechnology point of view.

Young’s anti-GMO rhetoric helped fuel a narrative that made it easy to spread fear and distrust about COVID vaccines, most of which used novel biotechnology methods and some of which use genetic engineering.

‘Very Upset’ Neil Young Wants His Music Off Spotify Over Joe Rogan Vax Misinfo

A collective amnesia has set in amongst progressives regarding the left’s past pandering to the anti-biotechnology movement. Reactionary luddism—especially around biotechnology—was both politically correct and convenient for progressive celebrity activists. But that was in the “before times.”

The anti-GMO movement—which rose to prominence in the mid 1990s and early 2000s—attained a key legislative win in 2014 when Vermont mandated GMO labeling of food.

Activists insisted it was vital information for consumers to make informed choices, despite wide scientific agreement that they’re safe for consumption. In fact, not only were GMOs not a threat to human health, they’ve been a boon to it, much like the insulin that has kept Neil Young alive for most of his life. Vitamin A-enriched golden rice, for example, could have saved millions of lives and help prevent child blindness, were it not stymied by anti-GMO activists.

The new Vermont law threatened to be a pointless and impractical nightmare for food manufacturers, so trade groups sued the state. But with Big Business fighting the mandate, its repeal was easily framed by the anti-GMO movement as an affront to consumer safety and democracy. This framing was eagerly adopted by progressive politicians and amplified by the mainstream media.

As the case garnered coverage, the anti-GMO crowd was re-energized once more. And Neil Young seized the moment, releasing The Monsanto Years and embarking on a tour of the same name. At one pre-show press conference, accompanied by Vermont’s then-Democratic Gov. Peter Shumlin, Young pledged $100,000 to the legal case defending the GMO labeling law.

Another guest at the conference was Shiva Ayyadurai, a technologist who’d published dubious research showing GMOs were dangerous. Ayyadurai would in 2018 run as a Republican (and later, as an independent), against Elizabeth Warren for a Massachusetts U.S. Senate seat. (Warren opposed an overly strict federal GMO labeling bill.) Ayyadurai has since pivoted to spreading COVID-19 vaccine misinformation—it was his tweet that started the #firefauci hashtag, when then-President Donald Trump retweeted it.

Young’s Monsanto album release and media tour doubled as activism—amplifying misinformation about GMOs to large mainstream audiences. He released a short anti-GMO documentary aptly named Seeding Fear. Most notably, and ridiculously, was an appearance on The Late Show with Steven Colbert.

Colbert asked Young about the scientific evidence showing GMOs were safe. But Young dismissed it out of hand, retorting: “That must be a Monsanto study that didn’t notice the terrible diseases and all of the things that are happening.” Then he pivoted to citing overzealous anti-GMO regulations in the EU as if it was scientific proof of anything.

The cringey bit concluded when a man dressed as a GMO corn cob appeared, asking Young, “I was born this way, why do you have to label me?”

Young replied, “I don’t normally like to label things but you’re so dangerous, and you’re dangerous to me personally and my family, and the rest of the planet.” Eventually the corn grew so angry it exploded in a shower of popcorn, which Young implored Colbert not to touch.

Trade groups successfully lobbied Congress to replace any state by state labeling laws with a federal law—to avoid having to manufacture different packaging for every jurisdiction. President Barack Obama signed the law in 2016 and, coincidentally, it went partially into effect just one day after the first case of COVID-19 was discovered in China: January 1, 2020.

The anti-biotechnology movement, until very recently treated with kid gloves by late night comic and taken seriously by Democratic politicians looking to mobilize voters, was about to become a dangerous liability.

Amplified by Young, the anti-biotechnology movement helped lay the foundations of the anti-COVID vaccine movement today, giving it an arsenal of misinformation to be repurposed, mainstream articles to be referenced, and misguided laws to be held up as proof of inherent dangers posed by safe technologies.

Neil Young Sounds Off on Trump: ‘He Has No Balls’

COVID vaccines containing a genetically-engineered virus were framed by skeptics as risky, simply by pointing to the way regulators and media outlets had treated GMOs, often at the behest of radical activists like Young.

Non-GMO vaccines—using mRNA—dealt with accusations that they “turn people into GMOs,” an incoherent notion that had to be denied by multiple health agencies across the world.

One of the main arguments in favor of GMO labeling served as a precedent for arguments against vaccine mandates: “The science says they’re safe, but people should be able to choose for themselves”—which implies that they might, in fact, not be safe.

The current mainstream narrative is that ignorant opposition to modernity and biotechnology is strictly a phenomenon on the populist right—amplified by the new corporate technological boogeymen: big tech and social media. The populist right, for its part, is happily adopting this narrative. But technological Luddism knows no party.

Neil Young’s got a legitimate case in criticizing Spotify for amplifying Joe Rogan’s biotech misinformation. But first, he should atone for his own role in seeding COVID vaccine skepticism.

6 hours ago, custard pie man said:

that sucks, no religous exemption? if all else fails maybe  a lawsuit?

I don't belong to any religion  and won't lie about it.

There are some lawyers working on stuff, but I doubt anything will come  of it.

My employer is a giant, pretty sure they'd have all legal bases covered.

I'm hoping they might backflip now that we know vaccines don't stop transmission,  and our decision makers are thinking of making 3 jabs equalling vaccinated status, not 2...