The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

NY Governor Andrew Cuomo gave a breakdown of how the initial vaccine from Pfizer, a NY company, will be distributed.  In NY, 170,000 doses will go to Nursing Homes and staff to start.  21 days later the 2nd batch of 170,000 goes to the same as a 2nd shot is needed.  About 205,000 will cover all nursing homes and staff.  BUT, its not known how many will refuse the vaccine and what will be done with the doses that are left because of this. Studies have indicated as many as 20 % could refuse based on fear.  Cuomo said he himself will take the vaccine and show his confidence in it.  I know that the United Kingdom will have at least 50 million sent from Pfizer via Belgium in the initial round.  I am not sure how the other states will go, as far as the numbers?  There is another company that will have it ready very soon also.  

Don't forget....

Fauci first spoke about the wearing of masks amid the COVID-19 pandemic during a March interview with 60 Minutes.

"Right now, in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks," Fauci said during the interview. "There's no reason to be walking around with a mask."

And for our friends across the pond:

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, had told U.S. media outlets that U.K. regulators hadn’t acted “as carefully” as the Food and Drug Administration. He later clarified to the BBC that he had meant to say that U.S. authorities do things differently than their British counterparts, not better, but didn't phrase his comments properly.

1 hour ago, JohnOsbourne said:

I'm old enough to remember in the 80's when Fauci was warning that AIDS was going to break out among heterosexuals.  The guy is a bureaucrat, not a scientist.  (And even if he was a scientist, his word shouldn't be taken as gospel.)

It did break out among heterosexuals, either that or Magic Johnson and millions of others are secretly closeted.

51 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

It did break out among heterosexuals, either that or Magic Johnson and millions of others are secretly closeted.

“We expect 10 percent of U.S. AIDS to be heterosexually transmitted by 1991,” Fauci said, citing, Scientific References, Group I: The Epidemiology of AIDS. HIV/AIDS in the heterosexual community has never been more than four percent.

Dr. Slouchy is so consistently and proportionately WRONG he should be laughingstock, and to many of us he is.

1 hour ago, BobDobbs said:

Yeah, because the sex lives of athletes and celebrities are indicative of the population as a whole.  How fucking stupid are you?

6 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

Yeah, because the sex lives of athletes and celebrities are indicative of the population as a whole.  How fucking stupid are you?

Hey bud, I never insulted you nor will I ever. I would appreciate the same respect.

Have a wonderful weekend 🙂 

6 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

“We expect 10 percent of U.S. AIDS to be heterosexually transmitted by 1991,” Fauci said, citing, Scientific References, Group I: The Epidemiology of AIDS. HIV/AIDS in the heterosexual community has never been more than four percent.

Dr. Slouchy is so consistently and proportionately WRONG he should be laughingstock, and to many of us he is.

The problem with epidemiology is it is not an exact science, yet the experts still must exist in the real world where answers are demanded and expected. If these people told the public the truth all hell would break loose. The truth is they really don't know. They can produce models based on evidence but those models are inaccurate at best. TBH I feel sorry for people like Fauci in that most people cannot, and will not handle the truth which is they don't know. The real issue is if people are told the truth they will do one of two things, either ignore any warnings or lock themselves in a bomb shelter with the majority choosing the former. 

Most adults are just very large children who have learned little to nothing and have almost zero impulse control in general.

48 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

Hey bud, I never insulted you nor will I ever. I would appreciate the same respect.

Have a wonderful weekend 🙂 

OK, I regret the comment and I apologize.

But the fact is, Fauci and his ilk have an interest in stirring up hysteria and they have a long, proven track record in doing so.  The medical establishment did the same thing with HIV/AIDS as they're now doing with Covid:  attributing all kinds of existing conditions/syndromes to a virus whose causative role has, at best, been only tenuously established (see the comments of the PCR test designer Kary Mullis in the context of Peter Duesberg and the HIV controversy) and whose risk to the general population is quite small.  I'd call them whores but that really wouldn't be fair to whores (who ultimately do honest business). 

4 hours ago, JohnOsbourne said:

OK, I regret the comment and I apologize.

But the fact is, Fauci and his ilk have an interest in stirring up hysteria and they have a long, proven track record in doing so.  The medical establishment did the same thing with HIV/AIDS as they're now doing with Covid:  attributing all kinds of existing conditions/syndromes to a virus whose causative role has, at best, been only tenuously established (see the comments of the PCR test designer Kary Mullis in the context of Peter Duesberg and the HIV controversy) and whose risk to the general population is quite small.  I'd call them whores but that really wouldn't be fair to whores (who ultimately do honest business). 

No worries.

I try to look at things more positively especially in regard to things like this. As I mentioned above the public cannot handle the truth so the experts err on the side of caution, sometimes to an outrageous degree because they simply don't know. Unfortunately humans have been conditioned over millennia to look to and trust authority figures so when those figures are put on the spot they feel they need to say something to show the people they know. The most powerful human emotion is fear and the most dreaded fear of all is fear of the unknown. If these experts came out and said they don't know people would lose it bigtime.

Its just a shame people fear what they don't know instead of embracing the unknown. Its kinda like when Bones on Star Trek is losing his shit and Spock says, "why worry, why fear, it will not change the outcome." 

1 hour ago, BobDobbs said:

Its just a shame people fear what they don't know instead of embracing the unknown.

That would explain the idiotic notions that we should hide in our homes until there is a cure, or given that masks don't work we should mask harder.

I accepted we had a new paradigm, "Earth + COVID," as I watched the cruise ship passengers climb right into the back of Yokohama taxi cabs.  

8 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

No worries.

I try to look at things more positively especially in regard to things like this. As I mentioned above the public cannot handle the truth so the experts err on the side of caution, sometimes to an outrageous degree because they simply don't know. Unfortunately humans have been conditioned over millennia to look to and trust authority figures so when those figures are put on the spot they feel they need to say something to show the people they know. The most powerful human emotion is fear and the most dreaded fear of all is fear of the unknown. If these experts came out and said they don't know people would lose it bigtime.

Its just a shame people fear what they don't know instead of embracing the unknown. Its kinda like when Bones on Star Trek is losing his shit and Spock says, "why worry, why fear, it will not change the outcome." 

It's not a question of fearing the unknown, it's a question of learning from hard experience that the media, politicians, technocrats, etc. have lied repeatedly about a great many things for a very long time.  So, it's a question of acting rationally and sensibly. 

1 hour ago, JohnOsbourne said:

It's not a question of fearing the unknown, it's a question of learning from hard experience that the media, politicians, technocrats, etc. have lied repeatedly about a great many things for a very long time.  So, it's a question of acting rationally and sensibly. 

Yet if someone with a different idealistic stance that you didn't agree with used this exact same logic to support their argument, you and many others here would chant "bullshit" and change your target (as you've all done many times). Or is it that the media, politicians, and technocrats have only lied to one side? Funny how quickly people join the protest when it's their lives being inconvenienced. But somehow their protest is more justified.

Go ahead and get your shots in before they shut it down.

1 hour ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Or is it that the media, politicians, and technocrats have only lied to one side? Funny how quickly people join the protest when it's their lives being inconvenienced. But somehow their protest is more justified.

But isn't it funny how so-called "peaceful" (MSM sanctioned) protests end up in riots and destruction yet are somehow justified.  Other protests get vilified as "super spreader" events.

1 hour ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Go ahead and get your shots in before they shut it down.

5, 4, 3, 2..