The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

2 hours ago, custard pie man said:

Rand Paul has guts, remember when Trump had the big ceremony  at white house and Paul and his wife were leaving with Antifa and BLM screaming and threatening ? It was a most peaceful demonstration, Paul needs others to help him get this Fraudcci out  for good

Jim Jordan is apparently on the case, too!

Fauci is a total liar. I was too lazy to find the full videos, so I let those at TikTok do it for me. LOL

In keeping with his career-long tradition of performative activism, Neil Young demanded in a (since-deleted) open letter on his website that Spotify either remove his music or Joe Rogan’s podcast from its service—in the name of quelling COVID-19 vaccine misinformation.

Spotify purchased the rights to stream the The Joe Rogan Experience in 2020 for $100 million. Critics have argued Spotify is culpable when Rogan casts doubts on vaccines, features vax-skeptical guests, or touts unproven COVID medications to his millions of listeners.

For his stance, Young is basking in praise as a principled musician willing to sacrifice his own streaming revenue in the name of science, technological progress, and public health.

This is the same Neil Young who in 2015 released an entire album, The Monsanto Years, that’s wall-to-wall songs from an anti-biotechnology point of view.

Young’s anti-GMO rhetoric helped fuel a narrative that made it easy to spread fear and distrust about COVID vaccines, most of which used novel biotechnology methods and some of which use genetic engineering.

‘Very Upset’ Neil Young Wants His Music Off Spotify Over Joe Rogan Vax Misinfo

A collective amnesia has set in amongst progressives regarding the left’s past pandering to the anti-biotechnology movement. Reactionary luddism—especially around biotechnology—was both politically correct and convenient for progressive celebrity activists. But that was in the “before times.”

The anti-GMO movement—which rose to prominence in the mid 1990s and early 2000s—attained a key legislative win in 2014 when Vermont mandated GMO labeling of food.

Activists insisted it was vital information for consumers to make informed choices, despite wide scientific agreement that they’re safe for consumption. In fact, not only were GMOs not a threat to human health, they’ve been a boon to it, much like the insulin that has kept Neil Young alive for most of his life. Vitamin A-enriched golden rice, for example, could have saved millions of lives and help prevent child blindness, were it not stymied by anti-GMO activists.

The new Vermont law threatened to be a pointless and impractical nightmare for food manufacturers, so trade groups sued the state. But with Big Business fighting the mandate, its repeal was easily framed by the anti-GMO movement as an affront to consumer safety and democracy. This framing was eagerly adopted by progressive politicians and amplified by the mainstream media.

As the case garnered coverage, the anti-GMO crowd was re-energized once more. And Neil Young seized the moment, releasing The Monsanto Years and embarking on a tour of the same name. At one pre-show press conference, accompanied by Vermont’s then-Democratic Gov. Peter Shumlin, Young pledged $100,000 to the legal case defending the GMO labeling law.

Another guest at the conference was Shiva Ayyadurai, a technologist who’d published dubious research showing GMOs were dangerous. Ayyadurai would in 2018 run as a Republican (and later, as an independent), against Elizabeth Warren for a Massachusetts U.S. Senate seat. (Warren opposed an overly strict federal GMO labeling bill.) Ayyadurai has since pivoted to spreading COVID-19 vaccine misinformation—it was his tweet that started the #firefauci hashtag, when then-President Donald Trump retweeted it.

Young’s Monsanto album release and media tour doubled as activism—amplifying misinformation about GMOs to large mainstream audiences. He released a short anti-GMO documentary aptly named Seeding Fear. Most notably, and ridiculously, was an appearance on The Late Show with Steven Colbert.

Colbert asked Young about the scientific evidence showing GMOs were safe. But Young dismissed it out of hand, retorting: “That must be a Monsanto study that didn’t notice the terrible diseases and all of the things that are happening.” Then he pivoted to citing overzealous anti-GMO regulations in the EU as if it was scientific proof of anything.

The cringey bit concluded when a man dressed as a GMO corn cob appeared, asking Young, “I was born this way, why do you have to label me?”

Young replied, “I don’t normally like to label things but you’re so dangerous, and you’re dangerous to me personally and my family, and the rest of the planet.” Eventually the corn grew so angry it exploded in a shower of popcorn, which Young implored Colbert not to touch.

Trade groups successfully lobbied Congress to replace any state by state labeling laws with a federal law—to avoid having to manufacture different packaging for every jurisdiction. President Barack Obama signed the law in 2016 and, coincidentally, it went partially into effect just one day after the first case of COVID-19 was discovered in China: January 1, 2020.

The anti-biotechnology movement, until very recently treated with kid gloves by late night comic and taken seriously by Democratic politicians looking to mobilize voters, was about to become a dangerous liability.

Amplified by Young, the anti-biotechnology movement helped lay the foundations of the anti-COVID vaccine movement today, giving it an arsenal of misinformation to be repurposed, mainstream articles to be referenced, and misguided laws to be held up as proof of inherent dangers posed by safe technologies.

Neil Young Sounds Off on Trump: ‘He Has No Balls’

COVID vaccines containing a genetically-engineered virus were framed by skeptics as risky, simply by pointing to the way regulators and media outlets had treated GMOs, often at the behest of radical activists like Young.

Non-GMO vaccines—using mRNA—dealt with accusations that they “turn people into GMOs,” an incoherent notion that had to be denied by multiple health agencies across the world.

One of the main arguments in favor of GMO labeling served as a precedent for arguments against vaccine mandates: “The science says they’re safe, but people should be able to choose for themselves”—which implies that they might, in fact, not be safe.

The current mainstream narrative is that ignorant opposition to modernity and biotechnology is strictly a phenomenon on the populist right—amplified by the new corporate technological boogeymen: big tech and social media. The populist right, for its part, is happily adopting this narrative. But technological Luddism knows no party.

Neil Young’s got a legitimate case in criticizing Spotify for amplifying Joe Rogan’s biotech misinformation. But first, he should atone for his own role in seeding COVID vaccine skepticism.

10 hours ago, custard pie man said:

New kid rock video slamming Biden and Dr. Faucci 

When we start thinking this is cool music on a Zeppelin Forum, I guess I’m way out of touch. Douchey song, Douchey lyrics! I guess that’s what happens when you have to pander to an audience because you lost yours. I remember when he was on tour with Too Short, and Ice Cube. No wonder Robert was embarrassed that he represented them at the Kennedy Center Honors. 

Im sure OANN, NewsMax, and Fox News are pumping this like crazy. Probably the new intro music to Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck radio shows. 

7 hours ago, Plant77 said:

When we start thinking this is cool music on a Zeppelin Forum, I guess I’m way out of touch. Douchey song, Douchey lyrics! I guess that’s what happens when you have to pander to an audience because you lost yours. I remember when he was on tour with Too Short, and Ice Cube. No wonder Robert was embarrassed that he represented them at the Kennedy Center Honors. 

Im sure OANN, NewsMax, and Fox News are pumping this like crazy. Probably the new intro music to Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck radio shows. 

That has to be the worst political burn song I have ever heard.  Kid Rock never did anything for me and I thought it was insulting for him to be at the Kennedy Honors for Zep. I doubt this song will get much traction, its horrible. I'm not saying that if this weren't better those orgs wouldn't be playing it but for now I doubt anyone will be playing that song on a regular basis.

The Let's Go Brandon song using trumps own words was much better.  L G B!

Where's our retraction from John 'Stockton' Osbourne?  I kept waiting for Stockton to come out and mention that the athlete deaths from the vaccine must be true.  I read it on a Zeppelin fan site. :hysterical:

Elton John cancels his concerts due to a positive covid test, and the Alaskan Queen figures that's a good reason to go out to eat.  No carry-outs for me! What a self-centered piece of shit.  Her 2nd episode no less.  Sarah Palin Just Revealed Her "Bizarre" COVID Symptoms (bestlifeonline.com)

Bobby Kennedy Jr. goes off on his bat-shit crazy Anne Frank tangent, until his own personal War department slaps him across the head. Show your card or negative test or you can't come in our house.  Bobby, you sit over there.  We know who wears the pants in that family.

Kid Rock, the original song stealing Romeo whore, releases a new song for his target audience of idiots.  Never mind those concerts he canceled back in August, or that he's vaxxed himself.  That's not going to sell anything.   You go Brandon! Kid Rock cancels shows after band members test positive for Covid-19 - CNN

Joe Rogan takes time out from his anti-vax fake global warming platform to explain to us what being 'black' really means.  Lol...where do I sign up?

9 hours ago, Plant77 said:

never said it was cool or good and with the f bombs flying it can't get much air play, not a fan of his music except for that one main stream hit that  stole from Skynard, however I love that he is telling it like it is, not afraid of the assinine cancel culture, however you go about it music is about expression and freedom to express it, he will get slammed for this music by the same people who slammed Trump and won't question Biden or Faucci and if he goes on tour, just like Trump he will sell out everywhere

peace

47 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

Where's our retraction from John 'Stockton' Osbourne?  I kept waiting for Stockton to come out and mention that the athlete deaths from the vaccine must be true.  I read it on a Zeppelin fan site. :hysterical:

Elton John cancels his concerts due to a positive covid test, and the Alaskan Queen figures that's a good reason to go out to eat.  No carry-outs for me! What a self-centered piece of shit.  Her 2nd episode no less.  Sarah Palin Just Revealed Her "Bizarre" COVID Symptoms (bestlifeonline.com)

Bobby Kennedy Jr. goes off on his bat-shit crazy Anne Frank tangent, until his own personal War department slaps him across the head. Show your card or negative test or you can't come in our house.  Bobby, you sit over there.  We know who wears the pants in that family.

Kid Rock, the original song stealing Romeo whore, releases a new song for his target audience of idiots.  Never mind those concerts he canceled back in August, or that he's vaxxed himself.  That's not going to sell anything.   You go Brandon! Kid Rock cancels shows after band members test positive for Covid-19 - CNN

Joe Rogan takes time out from his anti-vax fake global warming platform to explain to us what being 'black' really means.  Lol...where do I sign up?

These people are not anti vax. That's what the left tells you to call them. Anything the left says about people on the right is complete hyperbole on steroids. For you to parrot there bullshit shows you're just part of the flock. If you were actually listening to what other people are saying over what the left is telling to think then maybe I'd take you seriously.   

Sheeple = A person who does what they are told with out thinking about it.

2 hours ago, custard pie man said:

never said it was cool or good and with the f bombs flying it can't get much air play, not a fan of his music except for that one main stream hit that  stole from Skynard, however I love that he is telling it like it is, not afraid of the assinine cancel culture, however you go about it music is about expression and freedom to express it, he will get slammed for this music by the same people who slammed Trump and won't question Biden or Faucci and if he goes on tour, just like Trump he will sell out everywhere

peace

Although they claim to be otherwise the left has revealed themselves to be all about anti-freedom of expression, anti-freedom of speech, etc.  Just look at how they are celebrating Neil Young's  latest idiotic move.  Rockin' in the free world, yeah right.. :rolleyes:

27 minutes ago, cryingbluerain said:

Although they claim to be otherwise the left has revealed themselves to be all about anti-freedom of expression, anti-freedom of speech, etc.  Just look at how they are celebrating Neil Young's  latest idiotic move.  Rockin' in the free world, yeah right.. :rolleyes:

yeah seems we have some people here that think your idiotic if you dont listen to or agree with their thought and their thought is the only thought one can and should have, some should work free lance for the new york times, I would agree with your sentiments.I hate rap but would never call the people who love rap idiots, I simply choose to not listen to it

This is not quite on point, but I find it interesting how this debate is taking place among fans of a classic rock 'n' roll band - and where many of the rock 'n' rollers are at politically.  Pardon the plug, but I write about these issues, and this very forum, in my latest book:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08X4WD5SV/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_taft_p1_i1

Now, back to the debate.

Cover January 2021.jpg

5 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

These people are not anti vax. That's what the left tells you to call them. Anything the left says about people on the right is complete hyperbole on steroids. For you to parrot there bullshit shows you're just part of the flock. If you were actually listening to what other people are saying over what the left is telling to think then maybe I'd take you seriously.   

Sheeple = A person who does what they are told with out thinking about it.

Every word except the links were mine.  I'm a moderate democrat, and don't let Fox, CNN, MSNBC, Newsmax, or any other entertainment news sources tell you different.  We're still out here.  I'm against paying off most student loans, was for the pipeline, don't like Pelosi or most of the new wave Democrats.  Donald Trump was as right for getting us out of the Middle East as Biden was for leaving Afghanistan.  I would have been in favor of the Trump tax cuts if he would have put 2-3% of the corporate cuts to Social Security, but he kicked the can like everyone else.

The Left hasn't told me to call Robert Kennedy Jr. an anti-vaxxer.  That's just what he claims to be. The Left doesn't need to tell me Sarah Palin is a self-centered asshole.  Her actions tell the tale.  Read what her family went through during the first round with a special needs child.  She thought it was cool to risk other people who may be in the same situation?  That's not freedom.  That's idiocy.  Akin to starting a fire in a movie theater without even bothering to yell Fire! She's probably waiting to come forward to tell people she had a subsequent negative test.  It wouldn't change one thing about my opinion of her recent actions.

The Right?  It's Dr. Fauci, It's China, it's man-made, it was released on purpose, it was made in a lab, it's over-blown, the vaccines are worse than the disease, there's a chip inside, athletes are dying, they want to kill old people, the folks in nursing homes died from a fake disease, the emergency rooms are really empty, kids are immune, animal tranquilizers work better, screw the teachers, screw the Doctors & nurses, they're lying to us, masks don't work, this is all for the next election, the disease was fake so they could get Trump out of there, the hospitals are cleaning up, so are the insurance companies, anti-vaxxers don't exist, we just don't like vaccines and refuse to take them, capitalism sucks, our institutions are dying, and the real power brokers shot up with saline solution to fake us all out.  It's another New World Order!  We can go on and on.

The school board meetings were my personal favorite.  You think your freedom should include walking up to a public podium and expressing someone personal bodily harm with weapons because they disagree with you?  Someone's upset because the FBI was called to investigate a militia leader making those public claims?  As an American, I certainly hope the FBI is investigating, tailing, watching, and following up as legally allowed.  There's lots of angles to freedom besides free speech.

Kid Rock & his buddy Uncle Kracker suck major ass.  That isn't rap nor original.  Personal opinion on that one.  

Edited by Bong-Man

10 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

Every word except the links were mine.  I'm a moderate democrat, and don't let Fox, CNN, MSNBC, Newsmax, or any other entertainment news sources tell you different.  We're still out here.  I'm against paying off most student loans, was for the pipeline, don't like Pelosi or most of the new wave Democrats.  Donald Trump was as right for getting us out of the Middle East as Biden was for leaving Afghanistan.  I would have been in favor of the Trump tax cuts if he would have put 2-3% of the corporate cuts to Social Security, but he kicked the can like everyone else.

The Left hasn't told me to call Robert Kennedy Jr. an anti-vaxxer.  That's just what he claims to be. The Left doesn't need to tell me Sarah Palin is a self-centered asshole.  Her actions tell the tale.  Read what her family went through during the first round with a special needs child.  She thought it was cool to risk other people who may be in the same situation?  That's not freedom.  That's idiocy.  Akin to starting a fire in a movie theater without even bothering to yell Fire! She's probably waiting to come forward to tell people she had a subsequent negative test.  It wouldn't change one thing about my opinion of her recent actions.

The Right?  It's Dr. Fauci, It's China, it's man-made, it was released on purpose, it was made in a lab, it's over-blown, the vaccines are worse than the disease, there's a chip inside, athletes are dying, they want to kill old people, the folks in nursing homes died from a fake disease, the emergency rooms are really empty, kids are immune, animal tranquilizers work better, screw the teachers, screw the Doctors & nurses, they're lying to us, masks don't work, this is all for the next election, the disease was fake so they could get Trump out of there, the hospitals are cleaning up, so are the insurance companies, capitalism sucks, our institutions are dying, and the real power brokers shot up with saline solution to fake us all out.  It's another New World Order!  We can go on and on.

The school board meetings were my personal favorite.  You think your freedom should include walking up to a public podium and expressing someone personal bodily harm with weapons because they disagree with you?  Someone's upset because the FBI was called to investigate a militia leader making those public claims?  As an American, I certainly hope the FBI is investigating, tailing, watching, and following up as legally allowed.  There's lots of angles to freedom besides free speech.

Kid Rock & his buddy Uncle Kracker suck major ass.  That isn't rap nor original.  Personal opinion on that one.  

again, there are no anti vaxxers its just what the left calls anyone who doesn't agree with taking this particular vax.  

Got my booster shot this morning. My vaccination shots were last May, so this was about the 8 month mark. Got in and out in about 15 minutes. Lots of people I know around me have got the covid over the past year, but I have not tested positive once since getting my shots. Nor have I felt sick or developed a third eye or receive Radio KGB in my head. I trust my doctor and my close friends and family in the medical field and not one said don't get the shots. That's why I ignore the extraneous noise and chatter out there.

I have never seen anyone  at a school board meeting walking  up to a podium and expressing bodily harm with weapons, never seen it and if it happened then that person is an asshole like all the rioters who expressed bodily harm with weapons during the summer of love tour, every last one of them should of been thrown in jail, but  sadly they wern't and the few who were were bailed out by  the democrats and their machine. As a parent of 3 and a life long taxpayer you can bet your ass I have the right to question what the hell is going on in public schools, to demand facts, scientific facts  about vaccines and masks and how  they work , but science is sadly left out of the equation, to ask if critical race theory is being preached to children, do as I say or we will stick the FBI on your ass is Bidens answer

5 minutes ago, Strider said:

Got my booster shot this morning. My vaccination shots were last May, so this was about the 8 month mark. Got in and out in about 15 minutes. Lots of people I know around me have got the covid over the past year, but I have not tested positive once since getting my shots. Nor have I felt sick or developed a third eye or receive Radio KGB in my head. I trust my doctor and my close friends and family in the medical field and not one said don't get the shots. That's why I ignore the extraneous noise and chatter out there.

good for you, hope it stays that way, 2 of my 3 kids and their fiancees who had both shots tested positive over christmas, the lone one who didn't was my son, he is the unvaccinated one who spent the weekend with all of them in New York going to giants cowboys game, it makes no sense how that happened, the good is it was a 1-2 day cold and gone

1 hour ago, custard pie man said:

I have never seen anyone  at a school board meeting walking  up to a podium and expressing bodily harm with weapons, never seen it and if it happened then that person is an asshole like all the rioters who expressed bodily harm with weapons during the summer of love tour, every last one of them should of been thrown in jail, but  sadly they wern't and the few who were were bailed out by  the democrats and their machine. As a parent of 3 and a life long taxpayer you can bet your ass I have the right to question what the hell is going on in public schools, to demand facts, scientific facts  about vaccines and masks and how  they work , but science is sadly left out of the equation, to ask if critical race theory is being preached to children, do as I say or we will stick the FBI on your ass is Bidens answer

Nice!