The Vaccine for Covid is coming fast

LedZeppfan1977

16 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

LMAO...I just got back from the CDC covid site.  All 4 countries I plan to visit this year are Level 4, meaning the CDC says don't go there!  This includes such third world countries like N. Ireland, Iceland, Spain and Croatia!

Are you not visiting England bud?

25 minutes ago, Stryder1978 said:

My apologies my friend!  I have been to England several times (and loved it), but my current interest in going to N. Ireland is my "Game of Thrones" obsession and the Nebraska football game being played in Dublin this Fall!  

It was actually a joke to you mentioning 3rd world countries.:D

Just remember Northern Ireland is part of the UK, whilst Dublin is in The Republic of Ireland and part of the EU. Not sure if you need 2 separate Visas? 

20 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

It was actually a joke to you mentioning 3rd world countries.:D

Just remember Northern Ireland is part of the UK, whilst Dublin is in The Republic of Ireland and part of the EU. Not sure if you need 2 separate Visas? 

you mean 2 separate Vaxes don't you?

As an American citizen, no visas needed for either the UK or Ireland as long as I stay no longer than 90 days!  Last time I made this trip, I used Belfast as my base and made day trips to Ireland.  I was gobsmacked at the cost of living difference between Ireland and N. Ireland!

28 minutes ago, hummingbird69 said:

you mean 2 separate Vaxes don't you?

Whilst you seems fixated by Covid , it was only a bit of information for my mate in The Misty Mountains. I couldn't give a flying fuck about you and your other mates endless drivel about Covid. It's dull and boring and only goes to show that you have nothing better to do.

@Stryder1978

I have never been to either the South or the North of Ireland,  but I am aware of the difference in the cost of living between the two. 

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

Whilst you seems fixated by Covid , it was only a bit of information for my mate in The Misty Mountains. I couldn't give a flying fuck about you and your other mates endless drivel about Covid. It's dull and boring and only goes to show that you have nothing better to do.

@Stryder1978

I have never been to either the South or the North of Ireland,  but I am aware of the difference in the cost of living between the two. 

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:  all I did was make a joke, one that obviously went right over that block head of yours.

The fact that you felt the need to explain your post as if I didn't get it shows what a total tool you are. Another woke asshole who thinks they are morally and intellectually superior to those who do not agree with you and the lefts ridiculous stance on all things whu han flu  

Yahoo News

In warning to U.S., COVID rates soar after Denmark lifts all restrictions

Andrew Romano
Andrew Romano
·West Coast Correspondent
Wed, February 16, 2022, 11:33 AM

85b217f0-86a1-11eb-8e7c-48182a02cac7

At the beginning of February, Denmark became the first major country to lift the last of its COVID-19 restrictions and effectively declare its part in the pandemic over.

Around the world, and especially in the United States, Denmark’s “liberation” from indoor mask mandates, vaccine passports and nightclub closures was heralded as a watershed moment — the shape of things to come. Democratic governors across the U.S. started rescinding their own mask rules a few days later.

“This marks the transition to a new era for all of us, because Denmark will once again be an open society, completely open,” said Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen. “We dare to believe that we are now through the critical phase."

Since then, however, Denmark has continued to record more COVID-19 cases per capita than nearly anywhere else in the world, and both COVID hospitalizations and deaths have shot up by about a third.

“Not looking good in Denmark,” Dr. Eric Topol, founder and director of the Scripps Translational Institute, tweeted Sunday, sharing several charts that terminated in near-vertical upward lines. “Deaths are now 67% of peak, with a steep ascent.”

“The world is looking to Denmark as a guide to removing all restrictions,” Topol added in a subsequent tweet, “and it seems that we've seen this movie before.” He then attached a screenshot of a news story headlined “Denmark lifts all coronavirus restrictions and celebrates ‘a whole new era’” — from Sept. 10, 2021.

Topol’s argument was clear: By ending mitigation measures prematurely, Denmark has brought a resurgence of infection, hospitalization and death upon itself — and anyone who follows in the country’s footsteps risks doing the same.

But is that the right way to read the numbers? In response to Topol’s tweet — and others like it — Danish experts took to Twitter to object.

“Those data do not capture the epidemic situation in Denmark adequately,” tweeted political scientist Michael Bang Petersen, who advises the Danish government and leads the country’s largest study of pandemic behavior.

“Hospital burden in regards to COVID-19 is still low compared to former waves, and mortality is low,” Søren Neermark, an official at the Danish Health Authority, went on to explain.

“Test-positive admitted in Denmark” — that is, the number of people who are hospitalized with COVID but not necessarily because of it — “reflects high incidence in society, but is not the best current indicator for the burden of COVID-19.”

At first, this might sound like an academic debate about Scandinavian statistics. But it’s actually something much deeper and more significant. Like Denmark before it, the United States is also hurtling toward its own post-Omicron tipping point — the moment that U.S. society, broadly speaking, decides that COVID risks have become more tolerable than COVID rules.

Such a pivot wouldn’t mean that the pandemic is over; the virus will spread regardless of how we label it, particularly in poorer, less vaccinated countries and communities. Instead, it would mean we have, in effect, given up trying to protect each other from the pandemic collectively, at least as a matter of government edict, leaving individuals to protect themselves as they see fit.

The question then becomes: How much risk — how many hospitalizations and deaths — is a society ultimately willing to tolerate in exchange for no more rules?

“Endemicity” — the less disruptive coexistence with a virus that comes after a pandemic — “just identifies a pathogen that’s fixed itself in our population so stubbornly that we cease to be seriously perturbed by it,” the Atlantic’s Katherine Wu has written. “We tolerate it. Even catastrophically prevalent and deadly diseases can be endemic, as long as the crisis they cause feels constant and acceptable to whoever’s thinking to ask.”

The current situation in Denmark offers an early glimpse of how that kind of “endemic” future could unfold. In late January, COVID cases there appeared to crest. But driven by BA.2, a more transmissible subvariant of Omicron, they began to rise again immediately after mitigation measures were lifted, reaching a new all-time high average of 7,970 cases per million residents on Feb. 13 — 13 times the country’s previous peak, recorded in December 2020.

That’s an astronomical amount of virus. In comparison, the U.S. and the U.K. both topped out at around 2,500 cases per million residents at the height of their recent Omicron waves.

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

They won't dare to get involved militarily.

This is doubtless correct, they are mindlessly running with their WW2 playbook and hope to foment a major war in Europe which they can safely join in after the main players have exhausted themselves.  However, wars never go completely according to plan and there are many risks here, not just to American military assets abroad (which shouldn't be there in the first place) but also at home.