Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

8 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

San Fran could and should be the most beautiful city in the world...but much of it IS a shit hole. I've resigned myself to the fact it won't get better in my lifetime, if ever. 

I believe it. I suggested they send them to Pacific Heights and use Nancy's driveway for a latrine. 

2 hours ago, redrum said:

I believe it. I suggested they send them to Pacific Heights and use Nancy's driveway for a latrine. 

I love SF, dirty and shitty it may be, and I do wish it was better. However, it was pretty dumb to re-build a major city which was destroyed by an earthquake due to its proximity to a major fault line.

Kinda like the nuclear disaster at Fukushima. That was due to both an earthquake and a tsunami but yet, nuclear bad??? There was nothing wrong with the nuke plant, the problem was building one next to a fault line on the coast. Gee, what could possibly go wrong????

1 hour ago, BobDobbs said:

I love SF, dirty and shitty it may be, and I do wish it was better. However, it was pretty dumb to re-build a major city which was destroyed by an earthquake due to its proximity to a major fault line.

Kinda like the nuclear disaster at Fukushima. That was due to both an earthquake and a tsunami but yet, nuclear bad??? There was nothing wrong with the nuke plant, the problem was building one next to a fault line on the coast. Gee, what could possibly go wrong????

Yeah, but it's rebuilding or it's proximity to the fault has nothing to do with what the people of that city have been doing to it.

1 hour ago, BobDobbs said:

My friend's house in Pacifica sits directly atop the fault line. 

16 minutes ago, hummingbird69 said:

Yeah, but it's rebuilding or it's proximity to the fault has nothing to do with what the people of that city have been doing to it.

Especially building dildo shaped high rises. 

SALES FORCE-2.jpg

6 hours ago, redrum said:

Remember Kobe, Japan. 1995.

KOBE.jpg

I definitely do. At least 60 percent of all bridge structures in the Kobe area were damaged. These bridges were designed and constructed in the 1960s before the introduction of modern seismic codes.

2 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Looks like Mother Nature does not care about code. Whoops.

The elevated Route No. 3 of Hanshin Expressway was built BEFORE the introduction of modern seismic codes. 

Update: Will Smith's slap helped the Oscars become the second-lowest rated ever

Maybe those fan-voted categories really helped convince people to tune in?

It may be the only thing anyone’s talking about today, having generated so many utterly bizarre moments that it all seems like a horrific fever dream (They pre-taped a bunch of categories solely so they could cut out the time it takes for the winner to walk to the stage! BTS showed up for five seconds! Flash entered the Speed Force!), and that’s without even counting literally every aspect of the Will Smith/Chris Rock storyline. Unfortunately for the Academy Of Motion Picture Arts And Sciences, though, a completely unhinged show where you never know what’s going to happen or what’s happening currently right before your eyes doesn’t translate to good ratings.

Before we get too doom-and-gloom over this, let’s put a positive spin on it: The Oscar ratings are up from last year! The promise of the stupid fan-voted categories and CODA’s awards season run and the perverse curiosity we all shared over how the show would handle the non-televised categories actually translated to slightly more people watching than last year! Hooray! Go ahead and celebrate, Academy. You did it.

But now we must point out that last year’s Oscars was the lowest-rated ceremony ever, so it would’ve taken lightning hitting the Dolby Theater and cutting out the entire broadcast to do any worse than the 2021 show. That one got around 9.8 million viewers, waaay down from the 23.6 million people who tuned in to see 2020’s pre-COVID Oscars, and last night’s show got somewhere around 13.7 million viewers—making it the second-worst ever.

7 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Reminiscing tonight about the turd that was Rodney King and how his beating was purposefully used to further divide the nation.

LA 92 (Full Documentary) | National Geographic on YOU TUBE

No argument from me King was a POS, however, even a POS deserves due process under the law. King was beaten excessively and was not a threat once he was on the ground.

You see Steve, the law must apply to both the civilized and un-civilized in our society otherwise it really is not law at all. Just like better for 100 guilty men to go free than an innocent man be convicted.

It was the out of control cops which divided the nation, not some idiot criminal who decided to run from the cops.

2 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

No argument from me King was a POS, however, even a POS deserves due process under the law. King was beaten excessively and was not a threat once he was on the ground.

You see Steve, the law must apply to both the civilized and un-civilized in our society otherwise it really is not law at all. Just like better for 100 guilty men to go free than an innocent man be convicted.

It was the out of control cops which divided the nation, not some idiot criminal who decided to run from the cops.

No mention of the out of control rioters I see.  Noted.

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Oh deary me. Here we go again. The old Rodney King shit. Line up everyone, take your sides, spout your racist(or not) bollocks and I'll pop back in a month or so. Same old same old protagonists at it again. Have you all got bored of Covid?

Here in the States people think Covid is over (again)....until the next variant hits us!  Idiots!

5 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

No mention of the out of control rioters I see.  Noted.

I did not mention how the weather during the riot was quite pleasant either. Nor did I mention I was there in the thick of it as I was required to go to LA to pick up some equipment for my job at the time. Nor did I mention what an awesome year 1992 was for me in general.

A person does not have to bring up everything you know. For the record though, the riot was disgusting and any involved who engaged in criminal activity should have been prosecuted.

There, happy now?

Whoop's, almost forgot. I also got take-out at the Eastside Italian Market & Deli. Meatball sandwich to be exact. BTW, I'm still waiting for my motherf*****g ice tea!!!! 🙂