Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

On 4/2/2022 at 6:35 AM, Electrophile said:

My mother died on Thursday, so I'll be taking a break from the Internet for a while. I'm not looking forward to family showing up to tell my dad, sister, and I how sorry they are, but I can't stop them from coming. It's a good thing she didn't want a funeral because I couldn't sit through some priest droning on about life after death and heaven and all that other BS.

As a PSA, if you smoke...quit. I don't care if you think it'll be hard, fucking do it. 

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family Electrophile.  I've been praying for your Mom daily since you let us know she was ill.  God be with all of you to heal your hearts.

4 hours ago, redrum said:

My landlady had it. It was bad and she was unable to say what she wanted to say and she always said the word 'point' a lot when she spoke to you. 

Man that is tragic. I have been doing some reading on it. What a terrible disease. Getting old sucks. I woke up this morning, I feel like I have a torn ACL. And I work out, eat healthy try as hard as I can to stay on top of things. There are just things out of our control. 

Have a great day Red. 

On 4/2/2022 at 8:35 AM, Electrophile said:

My mother died on Thursday, so I'll be taking a break from the Internet for a while. I'm not looking forward to family showing up to tell my dad, sister, and I how sorry they are, but I can't stop them from coming. It's a good thing she didn't want a funeral because I couldn't sit through some priest droning on about life after death and heaven and all that other BS.

As a PSA, if you smoke...quit. I don't care if you think it'll be hard, fucking do it. 

So sorry for your loss. 

So....

I'm not trying to get in trouble or throw a molotov at the bee hive like in that movie ("The Bees"(?) (kid hides under the bin sweating like mad after throwing the molotov. Great scene...)

But....

Should there be a thread about Ukraine/the war?

I'll assume not for the appalling and sad shitshow it is likely a chance to turn into - not to mention it's maybe against policy. (not sure, won't risk it)

So, random thought on the subject....

So Russia fucked phase one.

Will [NATO|US] match Putin's aggression, and will the west stand for what the west actually lives and breathes and commonly believe in? The system whereby you are free to go nuts within your thoughts/actions and general "approach to things" as long as they don't fuck anyone else up. At least as a starting point of what things "should be" in a free democratic, open market system - or the best variance or upgrade of that system.

Or is it Putin's logic?

Putin rightly represents the worst option now in my opinion. (worst for all)

Didn't always, but does now.

8 hours ago, rm2551 said:

So....

I'm not trying to get in trouble or throw a molotov at the bee hive like in that movie ("The Bees"(?) (kid hides under the bin sweating like mad after throwing the molotov. Great scene...)

But....

Should there be a thread about Ukraine/the war?

I'll assume not for the appalling and sad shitshow it is likely a chance to turn into - not to mention it's maybe against policy. (not sure, won't risk it)

So, random thought on the subject....

So Russia fucked phase one.

Will [NATO|US] match Putin's aggression, and will the west stand for what the west actually lives and breathes and commonly believe in? The system whereby you are free to go nuts within your thoughts/actions and general "approach to things" as long as they don't fuck anyone else up. At least as a starting point of what things "should be" in a free democratic, open market system - or the best variance or upgrade of that system.

Or is it Putin's logic?

Putin rightly represents the worst option now in my opinion. (worst for all)

Didn't always, but does now.

Bottom line is we are fucked by Russia unless the FSB steps in and takes him out. The guy is nuts and is threatening nuclear war if we or NATO gets involved so it places the world in a no-win situation. 

3 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Bottom line is we are fucked by Russia unless the FSB steps in and takes him out. The guy is nuts and is threatening nuclear war if we or NATO gets involved so it places the world in a no-win situation. 

Oh, please. Are you on MSNBC's payroll? If you're going to parrot lame stream media talking points may as well be paid for it. Don't forget 10% goes to the Big Guy.

7 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Sort of, but I think the West is being way too cautious and even dangerous in allowing Putin to dictate terms simply because he waves the nuclear threat around. To some extent, I think his bluff needs to be called. Specifically....

Putin uses Belarus to launch attacks and stage troops. So he has set that "rule" or "limit" in this conflict. OK, then Ukraine can use 3rd countries as well - according to the rules Vlad set. This is not any kind of escalation, it is playing by the rules Vlad set. This would offer Ukraine vastly better tactical and strategic options, like being able to use/launch weapons that they are not yet familiar with (supplied by NATO/US/etc.). They should do this NOW. Fuck Putin's reaction, if he then broadens the war, it is not us that escalated, it is him.

Anything but an outright loss for Russia is too dangerous for the west. The west needs to be more aggressive. Yeah, I realise the stakes, but so far it is too one sided.

If he really gets serious about escalating toward WW3 - I am sure his military will be looking for an "out" rather than end the world. Everyone dead doesn't really lend itself to everyone doing their bit and following the "kill everyone including yourselves and all loved ones" commands.

Yeah, the west needs to be more aggressive.

12 hours ago, rm2551 said:

If he really gets serious about escalating toward WW3 - I am sure his military will be looking for an "out" rather than end the world. Everyone dead doesn't really lend itself to everyone doing their bit and following the "kill everyone including yourselves and all loved ones" commands.

Yeah, the west needs to be more aggressive.

This is my hope as well, the generals simply realize WWIII would be game over so they just disobey orders and oust him. It still gives me pause though.

7 minutes ago, redrum said:

ON THE BEACH-2.jpg

Now there's a positive thought :hysterical:

Though if I live to see the end of the human race, I would prefer to do it on a beach with a pina colada in one hand and a head full of Ayahuasca. A sweet honey like Ava Gardner by my side would be a nice bonus. Go out with a bang if ya know what I mean 😉 

7 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Sorry man, but as you live in Australia, if "The West" does get more aggressive, it will be us who gets it and not you down under.:(

That's the rub Chillum, if the west is overly cautious and continually allows Putin to be Putin, it is Russia that will become a greater threat to y'all over there. He will escalate for many reasons. perceived weakness or restraint by the west is a BIG reason.

.....and if it gets down to full on unrestrained war, we will be in no way immune. No one will be.

4 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Well, thank god the Russians never meddled in our elections or 100% supported Trump...what, wait? Um, the Russians themselves actually...uh oh:

Russia Airs Its Ultimate ‘Revenge Plan’ for America (msn.com)

The Daily Beast, cool stuff... far-out and unbalanced.

In other news today, I understand the cost of our food (pick your chain), rose 11% in the month of MARCH alone.
Also, if sloppy allows undocumented illegals to flood our southern border at the current rate, at the end of his term, 
20% of the U.S. population will be these people.

Yeah man, I like pertinent info on 45, because it applies so much to my current daily life.

20 minutes ago, jabe said:

The Daily Beast, cool stuff... far-out and unbalanced.

In other news today, I understand the cost of our food (pick your chain), rose 11% in the month of MARCH alone.
Also, if sloppy allows undocumented illegals to flood our southern border at the current rate, at the end of his term, 
20% of the U.S. population will be these people.

Yeah man, I like patently false info on 45, because it applies so much to my current daily life.

FTFY ; )