Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

I am now officially my landlady's durable power of attorney. She booted the other girl (so-called 'friends' for 15 years) after she took lots of money from her, and most likely appeared to be trying to finagle her house and property from her. Tsk! Tsk! 

8 hours ago, redrum said:

I am now officially my landlady's durable power of attorney. She booted the other girl (so-called 'friends' for 15 years) after she took lots of money from her, and most likely appeared to be trying to finagle her house and property from her. Tsk! Tsk! 

Alright, now you call adult protective services, slip the caseworker a Benjamin and have her declared mentally unsound. Then seize her banking funds, sell her house, and toss her into some fleabag state run facility.

WINNING!!!!!

Just kidding. You're a good man Red, the world needs more people like you willing to step up and protect the vulnerable. This world can be a cold place and there are shitbirds with zero empathy or conscience willing to screw over the most vulnerable among us and not lose a single night sleep. It reminds me of the scene in Ozark where Ruth visits her dad in prison. Ruth does not want to kill Marty but her father tells her there are different species of humans and it is only natural for the smart and strong to kill the weak and stupid. This is how scumbags rationalize their dealings. 

Stayed late at work waiting for an e-mail from American Airlines so I can check-in early.  E-mail arrives, I fill out two more pages of info about my passport, emergency contact and covid info......only to receive a message that I am unable to check-in online and need to see an agent!  😠 

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

Stayed late at work waiting for an e-mail from American Airlines so I can check-in early.  E-mail arrives, I fill out two more pages of info about my passport, emergency contact and covid info......only to receive a message that I am unable to check-in online and need to see an agent!  😠 

Online check in, kiosks, all of that bullshit never works correctly. I always arrive two hours prior and make a mammal do their job.

6 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Alright, now you call adult protective services, slip the caseworker a Benjamin and have her declared mentally unsound. Then seize her banking funds, sell her house, and toss her into some fleabag state run facility.

WINNING!!!!!

Just kidding. You're a good man Red, the world needs more people like you willing to step up and protect the vulnerable. This world can be a cold place and there are shitbirds with zero empathy or conscience willing to screw over the most vulnerable among us and not lose a single night sleep. It reminds me of the scene in Ozark where Ruth visits her dad in prison. Ruth does not want to kill Marty but her father tells her there are different species of humans and it is only natural for the smart and strong to kill the weak and stupid. This is how scumbags rationalize their dealings. 

Thanks. I will do her right and just take care of things that need to be taken care of. This all came to a head when I took her to her bank (with the girl REALLY not appreciating that) and we got the bank statements going back to October. Lots of shit on there that's very questionable. $1,000 here.........$500 there.........Another $1000, etc. Even had a bill paid to a tire company in West Virginia. I asked my landlady when had she taken a trip to West Virginia? Now we have to get her the hell out of the facility the girl put her in and back home. She also wants to make me joint tenancy right of survivorship because she has no family. That's something she brought up that I never heard of. I've been a renter all my life. I just want to make sure for now that all the property taxes and mortgage are paid and keep the utility bills current. 

2 minutes ago, redrum said:

Thanks. I will do her right and just take care of things that need to be taken care of. This all came to a head when I took her to her bank (with the girl REALLY not appreciating that) and we got the bank statements going back to October. Lots of shit on there that's very questionable. $1,000 here.........$500 there.........Another $1000, etc. Even had a bill paid to a tire company in West Virginia. I asked my landlady when had she taken a trip to West Virginia? Now we have to get her the hell out of the facility the girl put her in and back home. She also wants to make me joint tenancy right of survivorship because she has no family. That's something she brought up that I never heard of. I've been a renter all my life. I just want to make sure for now that all the property taxes and mortgage are paid and keep the utility bills current. 

Be careful about the deed on the house because as you stated, if the home is paid off but she is behind on taxes or anything else, you would then be on the hook as joint tenancy w right of survivorship has the property go to you upon death. Or if she has a reverse mortgage that could be a real nightmare. I would suggest to her if she wants her home to go to something after her passing she pick a local charity or church and will the property to them. She sounds like a very sweet lady but god knows what her prior POA was doing. I would immediately do a title search on the home plus check the tax records and find out if she has an outstanding mortgage or other encumbrances upon the home. I would not be surprised if the prior POA took out a home equity line of credit or some other scandalous nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, BobDobbs said:

Be careful about the deed on the house because as you stated, if the home is paid off but she is behind on taxes or anything else, you would then be on the hook as joint tenancy w right of survivorship has the property go to you upon death. Or if she has a reverse mortgage that could be a real nightmare. I would suggest to her if she wants her home to go to something after her passing she pick a local charity or church and will the property to them. She sounds like a very sweet lady but god knows what her prior POA was doing. I would immediately do a title search on the home plus check the tax records and find out if she has an outstanding mortgage or other encumbrances upon the home. I would not be surprised if the prior POA took out a home equity line of credit or some other scandalous nonsense. 

I'll keep you posted. There's a lot to find out still. 

21 hours ago, jabe said:

The Daily Beast, cool stuff... far-out and unbalanced.

In other news today, I understand the cost of our food (pick your chain), rose 11% in the month of MARCH alone.
Also, if sloppy allows undocumented illegals to flood our southern border at the current rate, at the end of his term, 
20% of the U.S. population will be these people.

Yeah man, I like pertinent info on 45, because it applies so much to my current daily life.

Don'tcha know, everything is Trump, Covid, Putin's fault, never their own.

On 1/19/2022 at 1:23 PM, Strider said:

I never seem to get a wallet that lasts more than a couple of years. What is the longest your wallet has ever lasted?

My wife bought me a Tiffany wallet extra slim and I have had it for 5 years. Longest wallet I have ever owned. 

12 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

Don'tcha know, everything is Trump, Covid, Putin's fault, never their own.

I wouldn't expect your usual level of critical thinking to understand cause and effect, but do go on...