Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

12 hours ago, Strider said:

Reading about more venues going "cashless". How many of you carry cash? Or are you strictly credit card/apple pay/virtual currency now?

I never use debit cards or any of the apple pay or paypal stuff. I'm fine with using credit cards as those offer me the best protection against fraud, but I realize some people are not good at managing their credit card use.   I don't own a smart phone and never will. I have a plain old flip phone with no aps or other crap.  All of that stuff is about tracking you and selling your information. Getting people to pay with a smart phone ap is Orwellian stuff.  This is EXACTLY how in China the government tracks and evaluates citizens on their behavior. It is about controlling you.

9 minutes ago, kipper said:

I never use debit cards or any of the apple pay or paypal stuff. I'm fine with using credit cards as those offer me the best protection against fraud, but I realize some people are not good at managing their credit card use.   I don't own a smart phone and never will. I have a plain old flip phone with no aps or other crap.  All of that stuff is about tracking you and selling your information. Getting people to pay with a smart phone ap is Orwellian stuff.  This is EXACTLY how in China the government tracks and evaluates citizens on their behavior. It is about controlling you.

I am an analog kid in an increasingly indifferent digital world. I still carry cash on me and prefer to make most of my day-to-day purchases with cash. It is still legal tender and United States currency...at least the last I heard it was.

Edited by Strider

3 minutes ago, Strider said:

I am an analog kid in an increasingly indifferent digital world. I still carry cash on me and prefer to make most of my day-to-day purchases with cash. It is still legal tender and United States currency...at least the last I heard it was.

It is still legal, but it is going away fast. 

I like cash because I can get better service by tipping upfront sometimes. You know like in Goodfellas... 

But not like Henry Hill level service--- usually at the donut shop with special requests.

So there I was at Pink's last night, having some chili dogs with pals after going to the movies at the New Beverly Cinema. There was a boisterous group at the next table and we were trying to ascertain what it was that had them in such a goofy state. Then we figured it out...they were putting drops of liquid LSD on their dogs and daring others to take a bite.

WTF! 😮 I can't imagine frying on acid and having to take a chili dog shit at the same time.