Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

8 hours ago, Strider said:

There is something so pleasant and calming about going out on your porch on a sunny Sunday morning with your tea and seeing bees and butterflies buzzing around the yard.

I always feel bad when I mow down flowers that the bees pollinate. Pangs of guilt for collecting butterflies as a kid. :( 

HONEY BEE.gif

SWALLOWTAIL GIF.gif

57 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I guess it's safe to say that the "Dog days of summer" are here. Maybe not officially, but it certainly feels like it when you go outside for about 10 minutes & your forehead is covered in sweat ....

:fan:

Speak for yourself!  We've been 25 degrees below normal for the last week!  Supposed to get back to normal starting tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

....I just envisioned a "white" "Sanford and Son"....and I vomited a little in my mouth.

Why is that???   You do realize (or maybe not) that Sanford and Son was Based on a British tv show about a grumpy white guy who ran a scrapyard with his son called Steptoe and Son.

Edited by hummingbird69

1 hour ago, hummingbird69 said:

Why is that???   You do realize (or maybe not) that Sanford and Son was Based on a British tv show about a grumpy white guy who ran a scrapyard with his son called Steptoe and Son.

Why?  Because I grew up watching the incredible chemistry between Redd Fox and Desmond Wilson.  I have not seen, nor do I care to see the British version.

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

Why?  Because I grew up watching the incredible chemistry between Redd Fox and Desmond Wilson.  I have not seen, nor do I care to see the British version.

I can see that you don't understand that without it there wouldn't have been a Fred or Lemont for you to pine over. Also, the fact that a white version made you want to throw up shows that you need to stop being woke and go back to sleep.

15 minutes ago, hummingbird69 said:

I can see that you don't understand that without it there wouldn't have been a Fred or Lemont for you to pine over. Also, the fact that a white version made you want to throw up shows that you need to stop being woke and go back to sleep.

Woke is an overused term and needs to be put to rest.