Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

On 6/25/2022 at 5:20 PM, Plant77 said:

Damn. I started and stopped writing so many different responses to you. That’s a jackass statement to make on a music forum. But congrats on your win. 

It's a Random Thought thread within a music forum.

On 6/25/2022 at 5:26 PM, Plant77 said:

Also, are you married? And are you a father of a girl/woman? If not, you don’t have a horse in the race and it is just flat out wrong to make that statement on this forum. I’m ashamed of you honestly. And while I’m being honest, you are one of my favorite people to read on this forum. Doesn’t matter that we have vastly different opinions. For you to say something like that to get under peoples skin on purpose is just wrong. 

The US Constitution applies to all US citizens and as such I do, as you put it, have a horse in the race. I'm ashamed that you, like many others, seem to insist on framing this as a gender and identity politics issue. My intent is not to get under anyone's skin, rather to succinctly express my prevailing random thought to the insipid placards, slogans and social discourse encountered this week. 

9 hours ago, Melcórë said:

Hey Steve--gfy, rape apologist. You should be shunned from the community.

That's simply a rebuttal that fails to rebut. 

On 6/27/2022 at 9:50 PM, SteveAJones said:

rather to succinctly express my prevailing random thought to the insipid placards, slogans and social discourse encountered this week.

I have to admit Steve, I grinned quite a bit as this does remind me of a post you made a fair while ago...

It's just my dog and pony show.

That is my random thought, so I'll leave it at that.

On 6/18/2022 at 7:47 AM, redrum said:

Love marionette's. 

We saw this in Barcelona one time. The music was a Rock and Roll tune ( I can't remember which song) it was very clever and hilarious until the crowd who were watching were getting their pockets picked 

On 6/28/2022 at 2:19 AM, rm2551 said:

I have to admit Steve, I grinned quite a bit as this does remind me of a post you made a fair while ago...

It's just my dog and pony show.

That is my random thought, so I'll leave it at that.

I have said from time to time "I'm just doing my show", and it's true. 

22 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

We saw this in Barcelona one time. The music was a Rock and Roll tune ( I can't remember which song) it was very clever and hilarious until the crowd who were watching were getting their pockets picked 

Picked by marionettes? 😄

6 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

There may be a reason why you don't hear it much--the opinion of all 3 band members is/was that the song is complete shit...  :D

I don't think it's so terrible. They could have combined it with Mother's Lament and Pressed Rat And Warthog. 😄

On 6/27/2022 at 4:50 AM, SteveAJones said:

It's a Random Thought thread within a music forum.

The US Constitution applies to all US citizens and as such I do, as you put it, have a horse in the race. I'm ashamed that you, like many others, seem to insist on framing this as a gender and identity politics issue. My intent is not to get under anyone's skin, rather to succinctly express my prevailing random thought to the insipid placards, slogans and social discourse encountered this week. 

That's simply a rebuttal that fails to rebut. 

It truly is a random thought. Like your opinion matters, so does mine. And I find it very distasteful to put it on this forum. You are certainly entitled to your thoughts and feelings. I don’t know that you truly do have a horse in the race. I could go into great detail on that but won’t because this is not the place for it. Just as it probably wasn’t the place for you to post what you did. But you did post it. And you wanted a reaction. And you have received a few. As I said earlier, regardless of your political beliefs, and thoughts you have always been one of my favorites to read on this forum. Saying something as offensive as you did, and meaning offensive to me does not mean that I throw away all the other contributions you have made. I was just letting you know that I felt it wasn’t the place for it. You are a long time member here. You can do you. I’m not woke, and I don’t want people to not express themselves. If anything I want people to wake up and realize that the same thoughts you have are the very thoughts that are going to be the ruin of our nation. I don’t want an authoritarian figure in charge of our country. I also don’t want OAC, or others like her in charge. We have gone way to far to the right, way to far to the left, and there really is no in between anymore. Statements like the one you made point it out. 

As far as being married and having a daughter in your life, there is a difference.  I’m sure you know where I’m going with that. If you do not, that just shows me your inability to understand. 

Either way, good luck to you and yours. As I said, congratulations on your win. It was obviously something that you felt strongly about. Certainly something as strong to post about it in and on a music forum. 

On 6/26/2022 at 11:46 PM, Rodrigo said:

Victory of the most innocent and defenseless human beings in the world.

roevswade2.jpg

I suppose you know what everyone goes through in making that choice. I will say Rodrigo that you have always been nothing more that a simpleton on this forum. Someone who wants to join the fight when others have already done the fighting. You can continue to be the scared little boy/man who can’t stand up for himself and joins the fight from the outside. Don’t try and be a tough guy and post something provocative because you think it’s cool. Think for yourself young man. 

On 7/3/2022 at 4:30 PM, Plant77 said:

It truly is a random thought. Like your opinion matters, so does mine. And I find it very distasteful to put it on this forum. You are certainly entitled to your thoughts and feelings. I don’t know that you truly do have a horse in the race. I could go into great detail on that but won’t because this is not the place for it. Just as it probably wasn’t the place for you to post what you did. But you did post it. And you wanted a reaction. And you have received a few. As I said earlier, regardless of your political beliefs, and thoughts you have always been one of my favorites to read on this forum. Saying something as offensive as you did, and meaning offensive to me does not mean that I throw away all the other contributions you have made. I was just letting you know that I felt it wasn’t the place for it. You are a long time member here. You can do you. I’m not woke, and I don’t want people to not express themselves. If anything I want people to wake up and realize that the same thoughts you have are the very thoughts that are going to be the ruin of our nation. I don’t want an authoritarian figure in charge of our country. I also don’t want OAC, or others like her in charge. We have gone way to far to the right, way to far to the left, and there really is no in between anymore. Statements like the one you made point it out. 

As far as being married and having a daughter in your life, there is a difference.  I’m sure you know where I’m going with that. If you do not, that just shows me your inability to understand. 

Either way, good luck to you and yours. As I said, congratulations on your win. It was obviously something that you felt strongly about. Certainly something as strong to post about it in and on a music forum. 

I genuinely do not see how you find any of what I posted to be offensive. It's factual and correct so what exactly do you take exception to? Could it be that I said one can choose not to get pregnant, is that it? Does it help if I point out there are no less than 17 different ways to avoid becoming pregnant? One's marital and family status is totally irrelevant if looking at this issue from my perspective, which is strictly from a legal perspective. I truly couldn't care less if my post(s) generates responses. I post to Facebook all of the time yet I never bother to read the reactions.

19 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

you have to admit he espouses a consistently conservative viewpoint.

That is quite possibly the single most generous post I have seen by you or anyone Steve. Probably anywhere.