Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

3 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, I definitely get any Stooges reference, but I didn't enjoy whatever tweaks they made to the audio in the clip you posted.

But, things could always be worse--someone could get the idea to colorize the Three Stooges...  :rolleyes:

I didn't even know what was done to it, now that I've heard it WTF!???   who is this guy to think he could improve on genius.?? The music he added was unremarkable. It added nothing to the skit or the overall presentation. Literally useless.

7 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

I didn't even know what was done to it, now that I've heard it WTF!???   who is this guy to think he could improve on genius.?? The music he added was unremarkable. It added nothing to the skit or the overall presentation. Literally useless.

Thanks to You Tube everyone thinks they're Phil Spector or something. 90% of the remixes online are not better than the original, and half of them are unlistenable.

11 hours ago, Strider said:

I have always known about 4/20 but apparently there is another stoner holiday: 7/10. Which is today. I had no idea about this one. @chillumpuffer, you are our resident guru of smoke, did you know about this?

https://www.laweekly.com/the-710-list-2022/

Nope, never knew about that. I am also a member of a Cannabis forum and no one knows about this either. It's an L.A thing. All extracts by the read of it.

That's it. I am done with the Popeyes in Hollywood. It is bad enough with the usual assortment of losers in line but since covid, there has been an influx of uber and doordash drivers picking up online orders, further slowing things down. Plus, the staff always seems to be shorthanded and getting somebody's order wrong. One crazy old lady came in wearing a bathrobe and slippers, hollering about she had been waiting for her food for an hour and when it finally arrived it was missing the mashed potatoes and biscuits. She drove all the way from Koreatown to complain.

After 20 minutes and still waiting in line to place my order, I said "fuck it" and went to the pizza place across the street. From now on, I'll stick with the Popeyes in Eagle Rock or North Hollywood.

6 hours ago, Strider said:

That's it. I am done with the Popeyes in Hollywood. It is bad enough with the usual assortment of losers in line but since covid, there has been an influx of uber and doordash drivers picking up online orders, further slowing things down. Plus, the staff always seems to be shorthanded and getting somebody's order wrong. One crazy old lady came in wearing a bathrobe and slippers, hollering about she had been waiting for her food for an hour and when it finally arrived it was missing the mashed potatoes and biscuits. She drove all the way from Koreatown to complain.

After 20 minutes and still waiting in line to place my order, I said "fuck it" and went to the pizza place across the street. From now on, I'll stick with the Popeyes in Eagle Rock or North Hollywood.

We don't get Popeyes here ,one of the few major franchises we don't. I hear it's the bomb though...

2 hours ago, redrum said:

The town next to me. I have no idea what it's about. 😄

SATURDAY, JULY 9, 2022 AT 12 PM – 8 PM

Cornhole Tournament, Downtown Buckley

Main Street Bistro at 754 Main St. Buckley

Cornhole is game where two teams try and throw a beanbag through a hole in a board about 10 to 12 feet away,  like horseshoes but with a beanbag