Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

2 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Cornhole is game where two teams try and throw a beanbag through a hole in a board about 10 to 12 feet away,  like horseshoes but with a beanbag

🤣

Some people appreciate sports. Some don't.

7 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Cornhole is game where two teams try and throw a beanbag through a hole in a board about 10 to 12 feet away,  like horseshoes but with a beanbag

Looks like a fun game, but I didn't know it was called that. 😄

Notice nothing in the article about the criminal's legal status in this country for being "a flight risk"?  Supposedly, local papers have stated he is an illegal alien (well, not THAT term of course):

Josh Fiallo
Wed, July 13, 2022 at 12:00 PM

Franklin County Sheriff

Franklin County Sheriff

An Ohio man was arrested Tuesday for raping a 10-year-old girl who became a central figure in the debate over abortion rights after she reportedly traveled to Indiana to have an abortion when Ohio outlawed the procedure last month.

Arrest records and court records viewed by The Daily Beast confirm that Gerson Fuentes, 27, was arrested Tuesday in Franklin County on a felony charge of raping a person under 13. The Columbus Dispatch, who first reported on his arrest, attended Fuentes’ arraignment in Columbus on Wednesday.

The unidentified girl became national news when a doctor’s allegation that she traveled from her home in Columbus to Indianapolis for an abortion began to spread in the wake of the the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade. Her home state had a trigger law that immediately made abortions in the state illegal, while abortions remain legal in Indiana.

Columbus police detectives testified in court Wednesday that the abortion did take place out of state, the Dispatch reported. Court records show Fuentes is being held on a bond of $2 million. The Dispatch reported that a judge said the 27-year-old defendant was considered a flight risk and, given the brutality of the crime, a high bail was necessary to protect the child involved.

Citing detectives, the newspaper reported that police were first made aware of the girl’s pregnancy through a referral filed with the local child services’ branch by her mother on June 22. Eight days later, the girl reportedly received a medical abortion in Indianapolis. Court records say the rape occurred on May 12.

Jesse Watters Suggested 10-Year-Old Rape Victim’s Abortion Was a ‘Hoax’ Before Arrest

Fuentes’ arrest comes as conservative media claimed the girl’s story was made up for political theater, something parroted by Fox News presenters as recently as Tuesday night—while Fuentes was already in custody.

But also those with egg on their face in light of the horrific crime: the top law-enforcement official in Ohio.

Indeed, state Attorney General Dave Yost spent much of the past week effectively dubbing the story a hoax, suggesting he had heard nothing about any such crime being reported.

“We have a decentralized law enforcement system in Ohio, but we have regular contact with prosecutors and local police and sheriffs,” Yost said in a Fox News segment Monday. “Not a whisper anywhere.”

Yost released a statement Wednesday afternoon, and did not address his previous comments.

“My heart aches for the pain suffered by this young child,” he said. “I am grateful for the diligent work of the Columbus Police Department in securing a confession and getting a rapist off the street.”

Dr. Caitlin Bernard, the Indianapolis obstetrician-gynecologist who first described the rape and its aftermath to the Indianapolis Star, previously told The Daily Beast she expected vindication.

“It will all come out in time,” she said via text message on Tuesday.

3 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

Notice nothing in the article about the criminal's legal status in this country for being "a flight risk"?  Supposedly, local papers have stated he is an illegal alien (well, not THAT term of course):

Josh Fiallo
Wed, July 13, 2022 at 12:00 PM

Franklin County Sheriff

Franklin County Sheriff

An Ohio man was arrested Tuesday for raping a 10-year-old girl who became a central figure in the debate over abortion rights after she reportedly traveled to Indiana to have an abortion when Ohio outlawed the procedure last month.

Arrest records and court records viewed by The Daily Beast confirm that Gerson Fuentes, 27, was arrested Tuesday in Franklin County on a felony charge of raping a person under 13. The Columbus Dispatch, who first reported on his arrest, attended Fuentes’ arraignment in Columbus on Wednesday.

The unidentified girl became national news when a doctor’s allegation that she traveled from her home in Columbus to Indianapolis for an abortion began to spread in the wake of the the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade. Her home state had a trigger law that immediately made abortions in the state illegal, while abortions remain legal in Indiana.

Columbus police detectives testified in court Wednesday that the abortion did take place out of state, the Dispatch reported. Court records show Fuentes is being held on a bond of $2 million. The Dispatch reported that a judge said the 27-year-old defendant was considered a flight risk and, given the brutality of the crime, a high bail was necessary to protect the child involved.

Citing detectives, the newspaper reported that police were first made aware of the girl’s pregnancy through a referral filed with the local child services’ branch by her mother on June 22. Eight days later, the girl reportedly received a medical abortion in Indianapolis. Court records say the rape occurred on May 12.

Jesse Watters Suggested 10-Year-Old Rape Victim’s Abortion Was a ‘Hoax’ Before Arrest

Fuentes’ arrest comes as conservative media claimed the girl’s story was made up for political theater, something parroted by Fox News presenters as recently as Tuesday night—while Fuentes was already in custody.

But also those with egg on their face in light of the horrific crime: the top law-enforcement official in Ohio.

Indeed, state Attorney General Dave Yost spent much of the past week effectively dubbing the story a hoax, suggesting he had heard nothing about any such crime being reported.

“We have a decentralized law enforcement system in Ohio, but we have regular contact with prosecutors and local police and sheriffs,” Yost said in a Fox News segment Monday. “Not a whisper anywhere.”

Yost released a statement Wednesday afternoon, and did not address his previous comments.

“My heart aches for the pain suffered by this young child,” he said. “I am grateful for the diligent work of the Columbus Police Department in securing a confession and getting a rapist off the street.”

Dr. Caitlin Bernard, the Indianapolis obstetrician-gynecologist who first described the rape and its aftermath to the Indianapolis Star, previously told The Daily Beast she expected vindication.

“It will all come out in time,” she said via text message on Tuesday.

It's all because they didn't want to deport him for a felony.  The way they allow illegals to get away with crime is a travesty. Here in the northeast, they are always getting arrested and being let go for driving drunk without a license. people should go to jail for a long time over this bullshit.

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

I think the gun grabbers actually want this to keep happening. That's why they refuse to put armed guards in schools. Thier crocodile tears soon turn into 'do something disease political action.' 

11 hours ago, redrum said:

I think the gun grabbers actually want this to keep happening. That's why they refuse to put armed guards in schools. Thier crocodile tears soon turn into 'do something disease political action.' 

The teacher's unions oppose armed guards in schools. This video is so repulsive I can see where it would fuel conspiracy theories. However, in my opinion, this level of criminal negligence was not planned. It's simply what happens when too many tactical failures to count occur under the watch of an incompetent on-scene incident commander.

Edited by SteveAJones

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

The teacher's unions oppose armed guards in schools. This video is so repulsive I can see where it would fuel conspiracy theories. However, in my opinion, this level of criminal negligence was not planned. It's simply what happens when too many tactical failures to count occur under the watch of an incompetent on-scene incident commander.

Basically, they don't know what the hell they're doing. Send in the fuckin' Marines. 

The 1946 Alcatraz escape attempt runs into the USMC.

The Marines, led by World War II veteran, Warrant Officer Charles Lafayette Buckner, IX, drove the armed convicts into a corner with tactics they had perfected against entrenched Japanese resistance during the Pacific War. They drilled holes in the prison roof and dropped grenades into areas where they believed the convicts were located, to force them into a utility corridor where they could be cornered.

On May 3, at about 12:00, the convicts phoned Johnston to try to discuss a deal. Johnston would accept only their surrender. Cretzer replied that he'd never be taken alive. Later that day, a shot was fired at an officer as he checked out C Block's utility corridor.[3] That night, the Marines fired a constant fusillade at the cell block until about 21:00. The following morning, squads of armed officers periodically rushed into the cellhouse, firing repeatedly into the narrow corridor. At 09:40 on May 4, they finally entered the corridor and found the bodies of Cretzer, Coy, and Hubbard.

Edited by redrum

11 hours ago, Strider said:

They finally put this warning on the IRS homepage. Six month wait if you filed a paper return!

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

Sounds like a load of incompetence to me. Some of my first tax returns way back in the 70's were usually returned in about 6 weeks, without fail. Blame it all on Putin. 

On 7/15/2022 at 9:27 AM, Strider said:

They finally put this warning on the IRS homepage. Six month wait if you filed a paper return!

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

It was probably longer and they posted that disclaimer thinking a six month wait is something to brag about.

The quickest way to get IRS assistance is not to pay the thieving bastards at all.

12 hours ago, redrum said:

Sounds like a load of incompetence to me. Some of my first tax returns way back in the 70's were usually returned in about 6 weeks, without fail. Blame it all on Putin. 

Paper filers tend to be elderly citizens entitled to refunds.

From the movie 'Asphalt Jungle.' James Whitmore has a small cafe and he's feeding a cat on the counter. A truck driver is standing there looking at a girly magazine and starts mouthing off that he's disgusted with the cat and runs them over whenever he gets the chance. Whitmore tosses him out and tells him:

If I ever see you run over a cat I'll kick your teeth in! 

😊

I was walking by an In-n-Out the other day and noticed they had a help wanted sign on the door. Starting pay is $17 an hour.

I remember in high school when a starting job at a fast-food place payed about $3 an hour. But then, gas in 1978 was .65 a gallon. So an hour's work would buy you almost 5 gallons of gas. If you make $17 an hour today, then an hour's work would only buy you 3 gallons.

While changing channels I watched a bit of the Beverly Hillbillies. Ellie is in the kitchen talking to Jed. She's got a little owl on her shoulder. On the table is a raccoon and a squirrel. I'm thinking "fake" but then I see that they're actually real, all three.

And this is a fairly long scene. I was impressed. Did they nail that squirrel down? Pretty ambitious scene, I guess Donna Douglas really is a critter whisperer haha

8 hours ago, Strider said:

I was walking by an In-n-Out the other day and noticed they had a help wanted sign on the door. Starting pay is $17 an hour.

I remember in high school when a starting job at a fast-food place payed about $3 an hour. But then, gas in 1978 was .65 a gallon. So an hour's work would buy you almost 5 gallons of gas. If you make $17 an hour today, then an hour's work would only buy you 3 gallons.

When I quit working in '95 I had just started making $20 an hour and was bringing home $500 a week. Didn't last long as I was injured and had to quit the laborer's business. 

5 hours ago, badgeholder said:

While changing channels I watched a bit of the Beverly Hillbillies. Ellie is in the kitchen talking to Jed. She's got a little owl on her shoulder. On the table is a raccoon and a squirrel. I'm thinking "fake" but then I see that they're actually real, all three.

And this is a fairly long scene. I was impressed. Did they nail that squirrel down? Pretty ambitious scene, I guess Donna Douglas really is a critter whisperer haha

Watch out as granny was thinking of possum soup. 😄

It's amazing!  Under trump the country was headed for a better tomorrow. He stopped wars  created peace agreements, created a great economy and put china in check for the moment. He told europe exactly what was going to happen and now it's happening. Under biden, the world is going backwards, back to the days of endless wars, terrorism, poor economy, and racism. And joe himself is literally doing his best Gerald Ford impersonation.

Good job joe

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by hummingbird69

8 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

It's amazing!  Under trump the country was headed for a better tomorrow. He stopped wars  created peace agreements, created a great economy and put china in check for the moment. He told europe exactly what was going to happen and now it's happening. Under biden, the world is going backwards, back to the days of endless wars, terrorism, poor economy, and racism. And joe himself is literally doing his best Gerald Ford impersonation.

Good job joe

Untitled-1.jpg

Talibiden.  Maybe, just maybe making an 80 year old dementia patient the leader of the so called free world wasn't such a great idea.

https://andmagazine.substack.com/p/what-happens-when-the-taliban-gets