Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

14 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

It's amazing!  Under trump the country was headed for a better tomorrow. He stopped wars  created peace agreements, created a great economy and put china in check for the moment. He told europe exactly what was going to happen and now it's happening. Under biden, the world is going backwards, back to the days of endless wars, terrorism, poor economy, and racism. And joe himself is literally doing his best Gerald Ford impersonation.

Good job joe

Untitled-1.jpg

That is one way of looking at it. He inherited an economy that was doing very well, Obama on the other hand inherited a recession. Under every  major metric Trumps economy was below Obama. Trump was by far the most divisive president in history. He made it common for the crazies to have a voice, for people who once were in the shadows to come out full force and talk about their racist, conspiracy theories as if it were normal. Unless someone never read it would be really easy to see that sleepy Joe also inherited a recession, and I’m not saying that I like what he is doing. Because I am not terribly happy with the way things are. The absolute shit handling of Covid under the previous administration certainly did not help things. Just as the absolute shit bag Obama inherited. And Joe isn’t Obama for sure. We shall see how things work out over the next couple of years. In my eyes he is a shit talking, carnival barker, authoritarian wanna be who was an absolute embarrassment to our country and the people that have worked so hard trying to shape this country. A spoiled little brat who when he was beat screamed at the top of his lungs about some made up stolen election although there is no and never was any evidence, and he himself has admitted that. Not one shred of evidence because it was always a way to try and hold onto power that he so dearly coveted. I would love to see one piece of evidence that exists. I’ll wait.

Bound in asbestos, this edition of Fahrenheit 451 is fire-resistant.

This is the famous asbestos-bound edition of Bradbury’s classic dystopian novel about the power of books. #83 of 200 signed and numbered copies. A regular signed first edition of Fahrenheit 451 sold for $12,000 via AbeBooks earlier in the year.

Asbestos bound edition recently sold for $22,500.

FAHRENHEIT 451.webp

Edited by redrum

On 7/20/2022 at 5:33 AM, Plant77 said:

That is one way of looking at it. He inherited an economy that was doing very well, Obama on the other hand inherited a recession. Under every  major metric Trumps economy was below Obama. Trump was by far the most divisive president in history. He made it common for the crazies to have a voice, for people who once were in the shadows to come out full force and talk about their racist, conspiracy theories as if it were normal. Unless someone never read it would be really easy to see that sleepy Joe also inherited a recession, and I’m not saying that I like what he is doing. Because I am not terribly happy with the way things are. The absolute shit handling of Covid under the previous administration certainly did not help things. Just as the absolute shit bag Obama inherited. And Joe isn’t Obama for sure. We shall see how things work out over the next couple of years. In my eyes he is a shit talking, carnival barker, authoritarian wanna be who was an absolute embarrassment to our country and the people that have worked so hard trying to shape this country. A spoiled little brat who when he was beat screamed at the top of his lungs about some made up stolen election although there is no and never was any evidence, and he himself has admitted that. Not one shred of evidence because it was always a way to try and hold onto power that he so dearly coveted. I would love to see one piece of evidence that exists. I’ll wait.

👍

9 hours ago, redrum said:

Bound in asbestos, this edition of Fahrenheit 451 is fire-resistant.

This is the famous asbestos-bound edition of Bradbury’s classic dystopian novel about the power of books. #83 of 200 signed and numbered copies. A regular signed first edition of Fahrenheit 451 sold for $12,000 via AbeBooks earlier in the year.

Asbestos bound edition recently sold for $22,500.

FAHRENHEIT 451.webp

So the book won't catch fire but your lungs will with lung cancer.

1 minute ago, Strider said:

So the book won't catch fire but your lungs will with lung cancer.

You have to read it wearing a respirator and hazmat suit. 

Imagine the book burners frustration when they see it won't ignite. 😄

2 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

511584475_ukweathermap.jpg.7707867743e033fcd541696499e7a443.jpg

The other day they said that these temps have never been seen before,  I wonder what they would have said in 1930 when the dust bowl hit and temps were in the exact same range for like 15 days!  its all a dog and pony show so they can get rich.

Edited by hummingbird69

3 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

Just keep your head in the sand...it's cooler there.

1 hour ago, hummingbird69 said:

The other day they said that these temps have never been seen before,  I wonder what they would have said in 1930 when the dust bowl hit and temps were in the exact same range for like 15 days!  its all a dog and pony show so they can get rich.

So you want Europe to become a 'dust bowl'? That's sick...even for you.

3 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

I posted a fact but I'm sick. Fine. 

You can’t possibly be arguing that climate change is a hoax. That’s absurd. It is for sure, no one argues it except QAnon whack jobs. Yes the weather has always changed. And there was a dust bowl in the 30’s. What that has to do with today, and what we are experiencing on a global level is beyond comparison. The people who don’t believe it can keep saying it until they are blue in the face. Not everyone, and everything said is from a leftist agenda. It’s not to ensure that the Clintons continue to eat babies in a Pizza parlor. When did a massive portion of the population stop reading, and or believing everything that is happening in the world? It’s insane. Oh, I remember when Fake News hit the streets, and the biggest liar who ever existed started telling people that everyone other then him was lying. Goddamn. I know, the world is flat, we never landed on the moon, Jesus is a white guy with blue eyes and cool blonde highlights, Trump is the tallest, toughest, coolest, most successful businessman who started with a loan of 10.00, he has the biggest dick of any man ever, and the highest IQ and created Mensa! Barack is a terrorist who was born in Kenya, Joe Biden is dead and we are watching a weekend at Bernie’s, Trump is waiting for Hugo Chavez to come back from the dead and admit that all the voting machines were made by him, the Vax is a micro chip program so Bill Gates can control the planet and consume all the worlds resources. 

Did we catch them all? 

13 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

You do realize this is a bullshit story? It was easily recognized as bogus. I look at multiple news sources every day and not once do I see weather maps for the UK in red like the one on the right. That was a red flag right there. Sure enough, it turns out the map on the right was doctored by whatever right wing bozo you got that screen grab from.

I mean, as soon as you posted you must have had second thoughts. And if you knew it was bogus and still posted it, then it reflects poorly on you. Because you're only fooling your sycophants. The rest of us, and that includes the silent majority of lurkers out there, just roll our eyes and wonder how long you are going to ignore reality.

8 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

I posted a fact but I'm sick. Fine. 

You posted a fact that had zero relevance. In case you weren't aware, Europe is not Oklahoma or Texas. But you suggested that Europeans were cry babies and should suck it up like the Dust-Bowlers.

For your information, London recorded the highest temperature it has ever had since they started tracking temperatures. 104 freaking degrees. That is no dog and pony show, as you so callously put it. These temperatures, these fires are real. 

Now, if you are suggesting that the Europeans should get used to this, that this is their new normal, that is further proof of the climate change going on around the globe. 

But why should I even bother with someone who posts a dipshit rapper with face tattoos as a response?  You've obviously decided to turn a blind eye to facts and instead retreated into the usual vast conspiracies and the "they" bogeyman.

The ironic thing about the climate change deniers (especially the ones in the GOP) is that eventually it is going to bite them in the ass, as most of them live in states where climate damage will hit hardest.

4 hours ago, Strider said:

You posted a fact that had zero relevance. In case you weren't aware, Europe is not Oklahoma or Texas. But you suggested that Europeans were cry babies and should suck it up like the Dust-Bowlers.

For your information, London recorded the highest temperature it has ever had since they started tracking temperatures. 104 freaking degrees. That is no dog and pony show, as you so callously put it. These temperatures, these fires are real. 

Now, if you are suggesting that the Europeans should get used to this, that this is their new normal, that is further proof of the climate change going on around the globe. 

But why should I even bother with someone who posts a dipshit rapper with face tattoos as a response?  You've obviously decided to turn a blind eye to facts and instead retreated into the usual vast conspiracies and the "they" bogeyman.

The ironic thing about the climate change deniers (especially the ones in the GOP) is that eventually it is going to bite them in the ass, as most of them live in states where climate damage will hit hardest.

UHG!,  My post does not say europeans should suck it up. YOU put that in there all by yourself. I said these temps have happened before and they have. Simple as that but people like you need to read far more into things than you should.  humans are definitely polluting but heatwaves are not proof that the world is going to end any time soon. Be more afraid of what humans do in war rather than the temps because that's whats going to kill us off.

Also the video was not posted in response to you AT ALL. A friend was over last night and he showed me the video a few minutes after I replied to you. That video has nothing to do with our discussion. Although, the fact that you think it does is very telling. I don't go for face tattoos either but before you label him a creep without knowing anything about him other than what you can see on the surface it might be educational for you to listen to his words and then judge???  or maybe you are just being bigoted against people who look different than you.

20 hours ago, cryingbluerain said:

@hummingbird69. No. Temperatures like this have never happened before in the UK. Just like your mate who posted the 2012 v 2022 picture you are ill informed and oblivious to what is actually going here. Pray tell which part of the UK do you live then?

The picture posted here is slightly misleading. The maps have evolved over the years and if you go back further weather presenters would stick suns and temps on with magnetic pictures. It's just a way of warning watchers how it will feel

However, the 2022 map is not a snapshot of what we got on Monday/Tuesday this week. It was 40.2 in London and as you are so knowledgeable about the UK, without looking it up, where did the all time record temp of 40.3 hit? As I have said before, we are not used to or able to cope in these temperatures. Our rail system ground to a halt, crops are dying in the fields and many people were admitted to hospital. 

It's not just The British Isles that is suffering. Western Europe is baking and the wildfires burning. If this is the new normal then we should be very worried. I for one found Monday and Tuesday quite frankly unbearable, and I've picked fruit in a blistering Australian summer, spent a week in Varanasi ( India, as of course you wont know where that is) in the summer and a week in Bangkok in the summer. It was fucking awful. Also as a final point, The South Africans played Cricket in The North East Of England on Tuesday and they were struggling in the heat

@Strider They post things like this as they do like to Troll. They have small brain syndrome and need to use Wiki to satisfy their closeted existence. I guarantee that neither of them will know where the record temp was recorded in the UK on Tuesday unless they look it up. Oh OK, I'll give them a clue. It's in that Island above Western Europe:D

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

@hummingbird69. No. Temperatures like this have never happened before in the UK. Just like your mate who posted the 2012 v 2022 picture you are ill informed and oblivious to what is actually going here. Pray tell which part of the UK do you live then?

The picture posted here is slightly misleading. The maps have evolved over the years and if you go back further weather presenters would stick suns and temps on with magnetic pictures. It's just a way of warning watchers how it will feel

However, the 2022 map is not a snapshot of what we got on Monday/Tuesday this week. It was 40.2 in London and as you are so knowledgeable about the UK, without looking it up, where did the all time record temp of 40.3 hit? As I have said before, we are not used to or able to cope in these temperatures. Our rail system ground to a halt, crops are dying in the fields and many people were admitted to hospital. 

It's not just The British Isles that is suffering. Western Europe is baking and the wildfires burning. If this is the new normal then we should be very worried. I for one found Monday and Tuesday quite frankly unbearable, and I've picked fruit in a blistering Australian summer, spent a week in Varanasi ( India, as of course you wont know where that is) in the summer and a week in Bangkok in the summer. It was fucking awful. Also as a final point, The South Africans played Cricket in The North East Of England on Tuesday and they were struggling in the heat

@Strider They post things like this as they do like to Troll. They have small brain syndrome and need to use Wiki to satisfy their closeted existence. I guarantee that neither of them will know where the record temp was recorded in the UK on Tuesday unless they look it up. Oh OK, I'll give them a clue. It's in that Island above Western Europe:D

Fact, climate is cyclical and heat waves come and go. If a heat wave hit a hundred years ago with the same temps as we see to day then there is nothing new about it.  A weather man over here was saying that this happens about 6 times per hundred years. That means 6 times in every hundred years there will be record waves of heat.  While to you complain about me those who want you to reduce your footprint are never going to decrease theirs. They will have cool homes in summer and warm homes in winter unless they winter somewhere hot which they undoubtedly will.  They will still enjoy travel around the world while you stay put in your sweltering house during the summer and freeze during the winter making you ration electricity and water because they have stopped people from using the most reliable fuel source.  I'm all for green energy and technology but those days are far ahead of us, todays tech is not sufficient to do what coal oil and gas do right now. 

You cannot force people into a square hole just because the gov says so.  As for your electric cars good luck keeping it charged during the winter. Not only will the cold cause a huge drag on the grid to charge all the cars needed for this country to do business.  cold temps of 40 degrees (not celsius), and under will hamper the mileage and performance of the battery and god forbid something goes wrong with the battery as it will cost you thousands to replace and where do the batteries that no longer function go??  or the millions of solar panels that will fail and need to be replaced or the windmills that are no longer viable due to age? None of what they propose is green energy, they all pollute and destroy the environment. Maybe you haven't seen the thousands of acres of solar panels china has installed covering the land like a big metal blanket soaked with chemicals or the windmills that stop turning and never start again. There's one near my house about 20 miles away, it hasn't turned in over 15 years. It's just standing there rusting away.  Green energy isn't green yet it's still in it's infancy. If you want to replace the current system (no pun intended) you need a source of truly green energy that will be plentiful and cheap enough to handle the demand and that isn't happening yet.

16 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

I thought I would post this link for those 2 buffoons to mull over whilst trying not to remain laughing stocks.

‘Super scorchio!’: heat brings out new face of climate denial in UK press (msn.com)

Of course we are talking of The Daily Mail. A right wing, garbage waste of paper that only wankers buy

buddy the only stock I see are people like you who follow the lefts every word as gospel.

5 minutes ago, hummingbird69 said:

Fact, climate is cyclical and heat waves come and go. If a heat wave hit a hundred years ago with the same temps as we see to day then there is nothing new about it.  A weather man over here was saying that this happens about 6 times per hundred years. That means 6 times in every hundred years there will be record waves of heat.  While to you complain about me those who want you to reduce your footprint are never going to decrease theirs. They will have cool homes in summer and warm homes in winter unless they winter somewhere hot which they undoubtedly will.  They will still enjoy travel around the world while you stay put in your sweltering house during the summer and freeze during the winter making you ration electricity and water because they have stopped people from using the most reliable fuel source.  I'm all for green energy and technology but those days are far ahead of us, todays tech is not sufficient to do what coal oil and gas do right now. 

You cannot force people into a square hole just because the gov says so.  As for your electric cars good luck keeping it charged during the winter. Not only will the cold cause a huge drag on the grid to charge all the cars needed for this country to do business.  cold temps of 40 degrees (not celsius), and under will hamper the mileage and performance of the battery and god forbid something goes wrong with the battery as it will cost you thousands to replace and where do the batteries that no longer function go??  or the millions of solar panels that will fail and need to be replaced or the windmills that are no longer viable due to age? None of what they propose is green energy, they all pollute and destroy the environment. Maybe you haven't seen the thousands of acres of solar panels china has installed covering the land like a big metal blanket soaked with chemicals or the windmills that stop turning and never start again. There's one near my house about 20 miles away, it hasn't turned in over 15 years. It's just standing there rusting away.  Green energy isn't green yet it's still in it's infancy. If you want to replace the current system (no pun intended) you need a source of truly green energy that will be plentiful and cheap enough to handle the demand and that isn't happening yet.

You see it's not just the "Heatwave" we've just had though. It has barely rained in the UK since Spring and we hardly got any then. If we have a dry Autumn and Winter then we will be well and truly up the Swanee. We have a reservoir adjacent to our Golf Course and there's barely a puddle in it. I don't think I've ever seen it so low. I fear that "England's green and pleasant land" will be a forgotten line in a redundant tune.

Electric Cars??? Not for us. As you say it's in it's infancy and we know people who bought them and promptly sold them as there just not practical for numerous reasons. I'll stick to my Bicycle thanks

You cannot force people into a square hole just because the gov says so.

Yep, just look what those ESG clowns did to Sri Lanka, Ghana, the Dutch farmers, etc. all in the name of "climate change".  Food shortages, economic crisis, social unrest, government collapse all coming to a place near you if the enviro-nazis keep getting their way with this crap.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/commodities/fertiliser-ban-decimates-sri-lankan-crops-government-popularity-ebbs-2022-03-03/