Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

3 hours ago, rm2551 said:

That is quite possibly the single most generous post I have seen by you or anyone Steve. Probably anywhere.

I don't think he'll mind me sharing this story because it is so laugh out loud funny...A few years back I noticed he's in Argentina. Well, I've got this young, married lady friend who loves to travel and have new experiences. I sent along a few photos on her behalf and mentioned to him she was interested in visiting if he'd be willing to show her a good time. rodrigo replied that he'd meet her with open arms at the airport...if she got divorced first. :slapface: 

Ballbreaker.jpg

4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I don't think he'll mind me sharing this story because it is so laugh out loud funny...A few years back I noticed he's in Argentina. Well, I've got this young, married lady friend who loves to travel and have new experiences. I sent along a few photos on her behalf and mentioned to him she was interested in visiting if he'd be willing to show her a good time. rodrigo replied that he'd meet her with open arms at the airport...if she got divorced first. :slapface: 

Ballbreaker.jpg

Send her to my house!  I'll show her a real good time.

54 minutes ago, hummingbird69 said:

HHHmmm,  Why are the Airlines booking booking so many flights when they know they don't have the pilots to cover them?? Where is the logic in that??

Great question!  Both of my flights to Albania were overbooked - they'd rather incur the wrath of stranded passengers than have one empty seat on a flight! .  

On 7/6/2022 at 3:52 AM, SteveAJones said:

:hysterical:

Come on now, you have to admit he espouses a consistently conservative viewpoint. 

I know conservatives. Some of my best friends are conservatives. It is unfair to conservatives to label Rodrigo's viewpoint as conservative. Moronic, cruel, misogynistic, yes. But not true conservatism. Rodrigo and other Trump cultists are actually a mockery, a perversion of conservatism. Just as AOC and her ilk are a perversion of liberalism.

On 7/6/2022 at 3:52 AM, SteveAJones said:

:hysterical:

Come on now, you have to admit he espouses a consistently conservative viewpoint. 

Alright. He does indeed do that. Honestly I may have had a whiskey when I first read your post and may have not truly understood it. I’ll be the first to admit I can jump to conclusions. And as I said earlier, your contributions, and thoughts, as well as your knowledge on this band and many other things are truly a benefit to us all. There are a couple of members that I look at on this forum and like to read and try and go back and see what their thoughts on any number of specific topics are, and you are absolutely at the top of the list. To be honest this forum without you on it would not be what it is. Not that you care, but I know I as well as many others respect and look forward to your thoughts on any number of subjects. 

If I miss understood your post, and or thoughts I do apologize for making anything more then it needed to be Steve. 

Have a great night/day. 

7 hours ago, Strider said:

I know conservatives. Some of my best friends are conservatives. It is unfair to conservatives to label Rodrigo's viewpoint as conservative. Moronic, cruel, misogynistic, yes. But not true conservatism. Rodrigo and other Trump cultists are actually a mockery, a perversion of conservatism. Just as AOC and her ilk are a perversion of liberalism.

You Sir are one of the other members that I consistently have gone back to read your thoughts and posts. Your concert timeline should and could easily be a book that I would read, and reread several times. I may have told you that I and my wife went through your 77 tour together and were absolutely blown away. And I had already read it several times. To you Strider, I say thank you for all of your contributions as well. This place would not be what it is without you as well. And I’m sorry to derail this thread. But certainly I would like to show my appreciation for your thoughts, time, and efforts. Also, random thought. Make your 72,73,75,and 77 concert diaries into a book. Hell, they can even be in short story form. But they are fantastic. I have read a great portion of all the books written about this great/best band ever, your recollections are truly at the top of the list. 

Thank you. 

23 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Ballbreaker.jpg

That is quite hilarious. I actually laughed out loud quite a bit more than is considered polite. The self imposed constraints of those that know nothing outside of their  deeply adhered to dogma is sad (tragic?), but so, so funny.....

14 hours ago, Strider said:

Strider, you are an oasis amongst the mirages. Outstanding.

19 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Send her to my house!  I'll show her a real good time.

1 minute ago, SteveAJones said:

but then you undoubtedly consider The Roman Catholic Church to be a cult as well.

It is Steve, it is.

2 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I find people generally define "the wealthy" as anyone making more than they do, and "cults" as anyone believing differently than they do. 

Wealthy - for sure, 100%. cults - no.

I don't think all people have the basic belief systems that I do. I also don't think the overwhelming majority of those people subscribe to any cults. They just have a different view. That doesn't ring true at all mate.

13 minutes ago, rm2551 said:

Wealthy - for sure, 100%. cults - no.

I don't think all people have the basic belief systems that I do. I also don't think the overwhelming majority of those people subscribe to any cults. They just have a different view. That doesn't ring true at all mate.

I just want to put this out there because it vexes me (and has done my whole life): ALL beliefs are self-referential. I'll leave it at that for all truth seekers. 

14 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

I just want to put this out there because it vexes me (and has done my whole life): ALL beliefs are self-referential. I'll leave it at that for all truth seekers. 

100%. But anyone's POV is of course formed by their environment - primarily.

Edited by rm2551

Abe's assassination should be a wake up call for all people who think removing guns can keep you safe.  I know, I know, somebody here will say "but hummingbird69,  gun crime in japan is extremely rare". That may be true, but the point is if a person wants to kill they will find a way.  This guy made the gun himself and if the incredibly loud sound of the shots are any indication it was one powerful weapon.

You lefties have no idea what you are asking for. If these people gain complete control you'll find out in spades.

7 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

80 million supporters...that's some "cult" but then you undoubtedly consider The Roman Catholic Church to be a cult as well.

If you are wearing a robe you're in a cult.

5 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Abe's assassination should be a wake up call for all people who think removing guns can keep you safe.  I know, I know, somebody here will say "but hummingbird69,  gun crime in japan is extremely rare". That may be true, but the point is if a person wants to kill they will find a way.  This guy made the gun himself and if the incredibly loud sound of the shots are any indication it was one powerful weapon.

You lefties have no idea what you are asking for. If these people gain complete control you'll find out in spades.

Tackling the assassin.

Disagree and die. The new mantra here in the US. 

I had some Henry Abe rims on my old bike. I wonder if he was into that business? 

ABE ASSASSIN.webp

1 hour ago, redrum said:

When you least expect it. Finally got my tax refund after filing 5 months ago. Yippers!! 

Congratulations. I am still waiting for mine. What is the latest with that exploding engine?

59 minutes ago, Strider said:

Congratulations. I am still waiting for mine. What is the latest with that exploding engine?

H&R Block was able to track it for me and get a direct deposit. Not sure if he will charge me anything, but I need to thank him.

I looked out a few minutes later for the car and it was gone. They must have pushed into the Auto Zone parking lot. 😄