Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

6 hours ago, redrum said:

The most expensive gas in the US is at this California station at nearly $10 a gallon: Gas Buddy

(Mendocino) 

My family and I just got back from there. Yes it is crazy expensive. I recently purchased a Hybrid Ford Truck. So we are getting 600 plus miles to a tank. It saved us considering we live in the Bay Area and this was less than a 600 mile round trip. But yes it was crazy was absolutely outrageous. 

4 hours ago, Plant77 said:

My family and I just got back from there. Yes it is crazy expensive. I recently purchased a Hybrid Ford Truck. So we are getting 600 plus miles to a tank. It saved us considering we live in the Bay Area and this was less than a 600 mile round trip. But yes it was crazy was absolutely outrageous. 

A-Dicu-lous! 

Working on a new tune right now and just adding the bass. It's a little classical study just over 2 minutes. 

16 hours ago, redrum said:

A-Dicu-lous! 

Working on a new tune right now and just adding the bass. It's a little classical study just over 2 minutes. 

Looking forward to hearing it. I really need to make time to play more. Life gets hectic and it is way to get away from all of the hustle and bustle and get lost. 

Be well, can’t wait to hear it Red. 

On 6/11/2022 at 4:02 PM, Plant77 said:

Looking forward to hearing it. I really need to make time to play more. Life gets hectic and it is way to get away from all of the hustle and bustle and get lost. 

Be well, can’t wait to hear it Red. 

It's coming along. In the meantime. 

This sounds more like a bad skit on Saturday Night Live (when they used to be funny) rather than a serious news story,  HAs New Zealand turned into Cali 2.0?

New Zealand considers taxing cow and sheep burps to combat climate change

Ben Adler
Ben Adler
·Senior Editor
Mon, June 13, 2022, 12:45 PM

b9e12130-40da-11ec-a9fd-69682b6390da

The government of New Zealand has proposed a novel way of fighting climate change: charging farmers for the burps, farts and waste of farm animals.

New Zealand is a progressive, eco-friendly country, but also a land where sheep and cattle both outnumber people.

Sheep, cows and other livestock contribute to climate change in various ways, including by grazing on land that was clear-cut to make room for them and by eating grains grown where forest once stood. But they also create planet-warming emissions directly, as a byproduct of their digestion, which releases methane — a powerful greenhouse gas.

A flock of Merino sheep look impassively into the camera.

A flock of Merino sheep in a pasture on a farm near Christchurch, New Zealand. (Jon G. Fuller/VWPics/Universal Images Group via Getty Images)

So, as part of a system of selling tradable emissions credits, New Zealand wants to require ranchers to buy credits for the methane their livestock produce.