Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

Today I was cleaning out my landlady's Volvo (needs a radiator) and this 'guy' (more like a zombie) walks by. His pants waist was down to his knees (straight out of MTV) as he stumbled by me and he went across the street to lay down in the Memorial Park. A bit later his 'girlfriend' walks over and is snooping around a van that's parked close by that belongs to the car repair shop next door. Right away I'm thinking they're going to try to break in and take up squatter's rights. As I was getting ready to go in to eat I see the girl go over by a tree, drop her pants and takes either a #1 or #2. I wasn't inclined to get too close. Too damned lazy to walk right over to the market and use their toilet. We've been getting some real doozies showing up in town of late. 😑🥴

7 hours ago, jabe said:

On a lighter note, slave, you don't have to deal (hopefully) with the utter dumpster fire
going on in our neck of the woods.
Random question: If I decided I wanted to live in Australia, for comped benefits and all the accoutrements
your bountiful country provides its citizens, could I just land on your sandy shores and be welcomed with open arms 
and be provided with charter flights to various cities within your country?

Who knows what Aussie Joe will do.

He's an idiot.

We're doomed.

Gunman - Salvador Ramos - is 18, dark brown with black hair. Looks like he's from El Salvador but is a US citizen (anchor baby?).

This is really sаvаge too. Little kids in 2nd, 3rd and 4th grades.

His picture was available but is difficult to find already. Will be scrubbed in 24 hours and replaced by a stock assault rifle.

Wisconsin was an SUV, subway shооting never happened, and this Salvador Ramos will be represented by a stock assault rifle.

28 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

It's very difficult to comprehend this type of senseless waste of life. Maybe the gun lobby can explain it?

The gun lobby has nothing to do with it. Rather than place the blame squarely on the shooter you're instinct is to blame guns and gun owners. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

You can take every legal gun away from every legal holder and there will still be millions of guns left in the hands of criminals. Fact is, if someone wants to kill they will find a way. lately it seems the fbi have been the ones ignoring red flags like with the last 2 white shooters, what's this kids social media like? does he have any ? if he does, does it make mention of how angry he is at whatever it is that made him to do this? You have to be pretty fucked up to kill grade schoolers. He also shot his grandmother so this person was obviously in a bad way long before this happened but yeah! lets blame guns and gun owners it works every time.

58 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

It's very difficult to comprehend this type of senseless waste of life. Maybe the gun lobby can explain it?

It's the same stupid shit from them. Guns don't kill people... yet here we are, the country with the most guns laying around and the country with the most gun violence in the world. If more guns truly made this country a safer place, we would be the safest country in the world. But we're not. 

1 hour ago, chillumpuffer said:

It's very difficult to comprehend this type of senseless waste of life. 

Sorry let my change my original post. 

I live (thankfully) in the UK. It is almost unheard of for this type of atrocity to happen. I think Dunblane was the one and only time and this happened in 1996. 26 Years ago. The perpetrator had a license to own a gun (unsurprisingly)

Gun crime is very rare here. Any particular reason why this is?

I understand the absurd saying " Guns don't kill people, people kill people" Do you know how ridiculous that saying is? If my wife shot me (highly unlikely) would it be easy to assume that in fact the gun and it's bullet killed me? Of course the wife pulled the trigger, but what kind of jury would agree the notion that, in her defence, my wife said "It wasn't me, it was the gun" Needless to say after the jury stopped laughing a guilty verdict would ensue.

@Walter. One day man I will play a round of golf with you and Mrs CP. Promise

Edited by chillumpuffer

Guns do not kill people. Laws do not save people from gun violence, look at Chicago. 200+ murdered so far this year by gunshot. The issue is the moral decay of our society. The gratuitous violence in movies, video games, rap videos, and the like. I would also say the erosion of the nuclear family and dare say, lack of God in whatever form in people's lives.

2 minutes ago, shnflacwav said:

The issue is the moral decay of our society. The gratuitous violence in movies, video games, rap videos, and the like. 

I agree with you. However it doesn't happen here - thankfully, and we imported all this garbage from the US for years.

15 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Sorry let my change my original post. 

I live (thankfully) in the UK. It is almost unheard of for this type of atrocity to happen. I think Dunblane was the one and only time and this happened in 1996. 26 Years ago. The perpetrator had a license to own a gun (unsurprisingly)

Gun crime is very rare here. Any particular reason why this is?

I understand the absurd saying " Guns don't kill people, people kill people" Do you know how ridiculous that saying is? If my wife shot me (highly unlikely) would it be easy to assume that in fact the gun and it's bullet killed me? Of course the wife pulled the trigger, but what kind of jury would agree the notion that, in her defence, my wife said "It wasn't me, it was the gun" Needless to say after the jury stopped laughing a guilty verdict would ensue.

@Walter. One day man I will play a round of golf with you and Mrs CP. Promise

I'm just reading where families in Uvalde are having to get their DNA swabbed because the bodies of the dead children are so unrecognizable because of the military-style weaponry used by the shooter. Not sure why any civilian should posses that type of a weapon. Showing photos of the result of using this type weaponry on children would give people a clearer sense of reality, I reckon.

8 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

Gunman - Salvador Ramos - is 18, dark brown with black hair. Looks like he's from El Salvador but is a US citizen (anchor baby?).

This is really sаvаge too. Little kids in 2nd, 3rd and 4th grades.

His picture was available but is difficult to find already. Will be scrubbed in 24 hours and replaced by a stock assault rifle.

Wisconsin was an SUV, subway shооting never happened, and this Salvador Ramos will be represented by a stock assault rifle.

There you go again. Just like the last shooting you just couldn't wait to come on here and wave your dick around. It says something about a person when their initial response to a tragedy is not mournful silence but a knee-jerk rush to defend their lust for guns.

Oh, and by the way, I had no difficulty finding photos of Salvador Ramos in media accounts. So you're already wrong on that point.

2 hours ago, Walter said:

It's the same stupid shit from them. Guns don't kill people... yet here we are, the country with the most guns laying around and the country with the most gun violence in the world. If more guns truly made this country a safer place, we would be the safest country in the world. But we're not. 

Not true, Brazil has that honor!

Unfortunately, whenever these shootings do occur, it just seems to go back to the usual liberals vs. conservatives pissing war, instead of trying to solve the problem at hand--how do these cretins get on school grounds with those kind of firearms in the 1st place? There has to be a disconnect somewhere....

I think this may be a part of the problem:

In explaining why the change to the HIPAA Privacy Rule was needed, the White House says: "Although states generally report criminal history information to NICS, many continue to report little information about individuals who are prohibited by federal law from possessing or receiving a gun for specific mental health reasons. Some state officials raised concerns about whether such reporting would be precluded by the HIPAA Privacy Rule."

Samuels said the rulemaking "makes clear that, under the Privacy Rule, certain covered entities are permitted to disclose limited information to the NICS. The information that can be disclosed is the minimum necessary identifying information about individuals who have been involuntarily committed to a mental institution or otherwise have been determined by a lawful authority to be a danger to themselves or others or to lack the mental capacity to manage their own affairs."

The rule does not allow reporting of diagnostic, clinical, or other mental health treatment information, Samuels stressed.

"The new modification is carefully and narrowly tailored to preserve the patient-provider relationship and ensure that individuals are not discouraged from seeking voluntary treatment," she said. "This rule applies only to a small subset of HIPAA covered entities that either make the mental health determinations that disqualify individuals from having a firearm or are designated by their states to report this information to NICS. The rule does not apply to most treating providers."

Limited Impact

Because of its narrow scope, the change to the HIPAA Privacy Rule will have "very limited impact," says privacy attorney Adam Greene of the law firm Davis Wright Tremaine.

"Entities within the criminal justice system report to NICS when someone has been involuntary committed or received a certain adjudication related to mental health," he explains. "Healthcare providers, health plans and healthcare clearinghouses do not have reporting obligations under NICS. Rather, a small number of government covered entities may be part of agencies that make reports under NICS, and there was confusion related to whether HIPAA blocked those agencies from reporting to NICS. This rule clarifies that HIPAA does not interfere with those agencies reporting to NICS."

But one privacy advocate is concerned the modification could have negative consequences. "The effect will be to discourage even more people from seeking mental health treatment," says Deborah Peel, M.D. , a practicing psychoanalyst and founder and chair of the advocacy group Patient Privacy Rights. "The language HHS uses cannot easily be understood by the public - they have no idea who 'HIPAA covered entities' are for example.

"So many people are already wary of seeking treatment if their doctors or health professionals use electronic records, which they know are likely to be breached and will be widely disclosed," Peel says. "This rule will certainly discourage gun owners ... from seeking mental health treatment; all that they will hear is that mental health treatment can [land] them onto a list that goes to the government and might prevent them from buying firearms. The idea that a 'narrow subset' will be affected is simply too complex a message for the public to hear - all they will know is that people seeking mental health treatment will be reported to a federal database and limit their rights."

9 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Unfortunately, whenever these shootings do occur, it just seems to go back to the usual liberals vs. conservatives pissing war, instead of trying to solve the problem at hand--how do these cretins get on school grounds with those kind of firearms in the 1st place? There has to be a disconnect somewhere....

Sort of a part of the problem. Chances are the crazies CAN read. 

Gun-free-zone.jpg

13 hours ago, Walter said:

Legally armed citizens are quite safe. If however you are a child in a gun free zone and don't have 40 minutes to wait for the government authorities to respond you are at high risk.