Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

Watching the NBA Playoffs. I feel old. All these young kids. When I grew up you still had older NBA athletes on teams. It seems that they don’t exist anymore. There are a few, but not like my generation. Baseball still has some older dudes playing. Whatever, I guess I’m getting old. 

7 hours ago, Plant77 said:

Watching the NBA Playoffs. I feel old. All these young kids. When I grew up you still had older NBA athletes on teams. It seems that they don’t exist anymore. There are a few, but not like my generation. Baseball still has some older dudes playing. Whatever, I guess I’m getting old. 

Time for bocce ball.

Got a friend in Seattle who called me today. He is selling his property here in town. He just wants me to keep the grass mowed and trimmed. He then told me that a neighbor across the street has 2 pit bulls. The other day they were loose and attacked his young beagle. His son tried to break it up and they also bit him. 3 other neighbors heard the yelling and screaming and tried to help. They too were also attacked and viciously bitten. He sent me pics and they are hard to look at. The real kicker is that the owner never even tried to apologize. What a straight up asshole. I am sure he will get his ass sued off for his negligence. I hope they nail his ass to the wall. The dogs need to be destroyed along with the owner in my opinion. My friend wasn't there at the time of the attack. If I was there I would have killed both the dogs with my shotgun. The beagle will survive, but has many stitches and staples. Remorseless bastards like the owner are as bad as an SS nazi. 

9 hours ago, redrum said:

Got a friend in Seattle who called me today. He is selling his property here in town. He just wants me to keep the grass mowed and trimmed. He then told me that a neighbor across the street has 2 pit bulls. The other day they were loose and attacked his young beagle. His son tried to break it up and they also bit him. 3 other neighbors heard the yelling and screaming and tried to help. They too were also attacked and viciously bitten. He sent me pics and they are hard to look at. The real kicker is that the owner never even tried to apologize. What a straight up asshole. I am sure he will get his ass sued off for his negligence. I hope they nail his ass to the wall. The dogs need to be destroyed along with the owner in my opinion. My friend wasn't there at the time of the attack. If I was there I would have killed both the dogs with my shotgun. The beagle will survive, but has many stitches and staples. Remorseless bastards like the owner are as bad as an SS nazi. 

What a dirty fucker that one! People can really suck. I would have immediately called animal control. They would have come out, taken the dogs, quarantined them for Rabies, and then likely destroyed them.

Problem is, there are no bad dogs unless they have a genetic defect, otherwise, its a bad owner. Pit bulls are no more dangerous than any other breed unless they are trained to be aggressive. The problem is, due to the rep Pits have, 90% of Pit owners are assholes who want a killer dog because they want to be "hard."

IMO, the dogs should be shipped off to shelter which specializes in such cases and the owner should be destroyed since he caused all of this mess.

Fun Fact told to me by a woman who runs a rescue: When dogs are fighting each other or attacking a human, the best way to stop the attack and disengage the dog is to come up behind the dog, grab its hind legs and jerk. All dogs have a natural instinct to flee when this happens, even trained Pits. Of course that is no easy task when a dog is attacking but if you can get behind Fido, grab legs and pull. 

7 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

What a dirty fucker that one! People can really suck. I would have immediately called animal control. They would have come out, taken the dogs, quarantined them for Rabies, and then likely destroyed them.

Problem is, there are no bad dogs unless they have a genetic defect, otherwise, its a bad owner. Pit bulls are no more dangerous than any other breed unless they are trained to be aggressive. The problem is, due to the rep Pits have, 90% of Pit owners are assholes who want a killer dog because they want to be "hard."

IMO, the dogs should be shipped off to shelter which specializes in such cases and the owner should be destroyed since he caused all of this mess.

Fun Fact told to me by a woman who runs a rescue: When dogs are fighting each other or attacking a human, the best way to stop the attack and disengage the dog is to come up behind the dog, grab its hind legs and jerk. All dogs have a natural instinct to flee when this happens, even trained Pits. Of course that is no easy task when a dog is attacking but if you can get behind Fido, grab legs and pull. 

Yes, I know that it's mainly the owners fault for the dogs attitude. My friend had a pit that was so mellow. I just hope this asswipe gets his sorry ass sued to the poor/shit house. Idiots like him are what's caused the fear and uproar over this breed. 

My friends pit, Luke. 

JAY & LUKE.jpg

LUKE B&W.jpg

After a year without a cellphone I went out and got a new one. A Samsung Galaxy. $49 for the phone and $40 monthly plan with unlimited talk and text. With tax it still came to less than $100.

Left my old carrier because in the intervening year it had been bought and sold off. It's not too fancy but I don't care. All I need it to do is make phone calls, send texts, and take the occasional photo. I'm not guiding nuclear missiles with it.

On 4/17/2022 at 8:31 PM, redrum said:

Someone needs to leave those dogs some poisoned hamburger meat to feast on.

On 4/17/2022 at 11:31 PM, redrum said:

As a life long Pit owner it is sad to hear. Yes, Pits can be dangerous, in that they are the most powerful dog you can find. They do need lots of training and exercise, and in some cases they may need to be kept from other animals. It depends on their make up and the parents and lineage they came from. I currently have one that was trained, and I have socialized and he just doesn’t seem to like other dogs, squirrels, deer, turkeys, flies, and whatever else. The thing is, he is an amazing dog. Doesn’t mind any human, he is just a little off of his rocker. As a responsible dog owner I keep him away. The thing is, if he were another breed it wouldn’t be as big a problem. But since he is a Pit it is. I’m not saying that it shouldn’t be any other way. I hope the Beagle heals. Sad to hear that. For all kinds of reasons. Take care Red. 

I noticed that OAN has been dropped from my cable network.  That's too bad.  Newsmax is basically just a retread of old Fox talking heads.  OAN had a nice fresh roster of bat-shit crazy people I enjoyed watching.  Never was the same after Liz Wheeler left though.  Something about that woman was just deliciously evil.  

1 hour ago, Bong-Man said:

I noticed that OAN has been dropped from my cable network.  That's too bad.  Newsmax is basically just a retread of old Fox talking heads.  OAN had a nice fresh roster of bat-shit crazy people I enjoyed watching.  Never was the same after Liz Wheeler left though.  Something about that woman was just deliciously evil.  

That's terrible news. You're right...it's good to know where the bat-shit crazies are just to keep tabs on them.

I am beginning to have doubts about legalized marijuana. On the plus side, I haven't had to buy or actually smoke marijuana in years because the smell out on the street is so pervasive and pungent, I cab get a contact-high in minutes.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

That's terrible news. You're right...it's good to know where the bat-shit crazies are just to keep tabs on them.

I am beginning to have doubts about legalized marijuana. On the plus side, I haven't had to buy or actually smoke marijuana in years because the smell out on the street is so pervasive and pungent, I cab get a contact-high in minutes.

It's the same here. You would have thought the UK has actually Legalised too. You can smell it everywhere, even in our small village. Where there's youth you can smell the sickly pungent aroma of bud. Not that's a bad thing.

On our Golf course we have a Green (:D) that is adjacent to a Lake. In the summer the kids like to hang out and go for a swim. Last summer, I was just lining up my putt when this lovely waft of buddage wafted over the putting surface. My playing partners said " can you smell that?". Disgusting I said - they could have passed it.:drumz:

34 minutes ago, Strider said:

Reminds me of a funny 70's story from an old former Detroit Cop, and if I've already told this story I apologize, but I still laugh.  He signed up for special weekend details to get some overtime.  When he came in the locker room to change, he asked his partner what assignment they drew for the night.  His partner told him, "We've got Cobo.  It should be an easy night.  Some country band named Jethro Tull is playing".  He proceeded to tell me their experience of walking into Cobo and seeing some long-haired freak standing on one leg playing the flute with a jock strap on, and the pot smoke was so thick you could literally cut it with a knife.  He and his partner got their first contact buzz that night.  He told me they went to the bar after, and they were so stoned they just stared at the wall struggling to drink their beers.   What made me laugh even more is the guy finished the story by telling me, "You know, I have to admit, that freak was pretty fucking talented!"  I was a dispatcher for 14 years on the Afternoon shift in my youth, and saw grown men laugh & cry telling me the things they saw and experienced on the job.  I'd drink beers with them after work until the Sun rose listening to their stories.  Taught me to respect what they do, and that they're just people like you and I.   

Reading a story about Elon Musk trying to buy Twitter, there were these two graphics that illustrate the problem pretty clearly. We're now in a second "Gilded Age", with billionaires running amok with no accountability.

26-morning-richest-chart-articleLarge.png.a29fdd054e4e4c5d455fd89b283d0c39.png

oakImage-1650928769810-articleLarge.png.aeeea401ab5232e4ae53b06315e0c3fb.png