Random Thoughts. The Return.

Strider

5 hours ago, Strider said:

The shoes of my youth. I still wear the Vans, Converse Chuck Taylors, and Adidas Stan Smiths. But I have not worn Wallabees in ages. They seem to have disappeared...I don't see them much anymore.

vans-designs.jpg.27afffab79fd7b62552ee24c93d1b36d.jpg

1788418771_71kYYu4lngL._AC_SR920736_.jpg.e7cdf7b2b8333d01879222b3ebb94841.jpg

51F5MtideYL._AC_UY395_.jpg.c0e53f96a74859f7f53db20c5db41c0b.jpg

1_657316_ZM_ALT5.JPG.e49ab72c042d7b30ff87d75d18ee69c5.JPG

They still have the Wallabees at my local show shop. It is also called the sock shop in Santa Cruz. I have a pair of the dark brown. Love them. Super comfortable. 

For a random thought. I was reading about Robert, they had an article about Robert playing with his band Saving Grace. In said article was the 2007 performance of Rock and Roll. What a great performance by Robert. And the band sounded great. Just an amazing performance. To see Jimmy and John huddled around Jason on drums, Robert sounded great. It then lead me to listen that show. What an amazing night for them, and us as fans. 

My mother died on Thursday, so I'll be taking a break from the Internet for a while. I'm not looking forward to family showing up to tell my dad, sister, and I how sorry they are, but I can't stop them from coming. It's a good thing she didn't want a funeral because I couldn't sit through some priest droning on about life after death and heaven and all that other BS.

As a PSA, if you smoke...quit. I don't care if you think it'll be hard, fucking do it. 

10 minutes ago, Electrophile said:

My mother died on Thursday, so I'll be taking a break from the Internet for a while. I'm not looking forward to family showing up to tell my dad, sister, and I how sorry they are, but I can't stop them from coming. It's a good thing she didn't want a funeral because I couldn't sit through some priest droning on about life after death and heaven and all that other BS.

As a PSA, if you smoke...quit. I don't care if you think it'll be hard, fucking do it. 

Peace be with you, Electrophile.

2 hours ago, Electrophile said:

Sorry to hear that.  I hope things go smoothly for you.

I'm so sorry.  My heart is with you. 

Sorry for your loss. 

6 hours ago, Electrophile said:

Sorry to hear. Smoking is what took my Ma. 

6 hours ago, Electrophile said:

God bless and God rest her soul. Peace and condolences, Electrophile. 

On 3/10/2022 at 7:20 AM, chillumpuffer said:

Going back a few posts. I watched this on the night it was aired. Even though the sound is not perfect the moves fit it just right in.

This is fantastic! My wife and I just laughed out asses of to this. I also have to say that the synchronization was awesome. 

7 hours ago, Electrophile said:

I’m very sorry to hear of your loss. 

Thank you for all of your kind words. It felt rude not to respond with my gratitude in some way. She was a hell of a woman, and she fought hard, right up to the end, but she was just so tired, and her body was so worn out. My dad is dealing with it pretty well, all things considered. They were married 50 years this past January.

On 3/28/2022 at 2:33 AM, redrum said:

The live version of 'Jane Said' is one of my fave songs. Love the steel drums. Here's my latest post (45 seconds) on Freesounds. Haven't posted lately because of some sort of squeak noise on their end. They can't explain it and it's damned frustrating. Hate to lose the site, but I will not post if it keeps up. 

https://freesound.org/people/tubbers/sounds/624470/

Live Jane Said is amazing. There are some great performances over the years. My favorite version of that song is 1997 NY with Flee at the Hammerstein Ballroom. Just an awesome show. 

On your latest clip that you posted. I’m digging it. I may have said it before, but it has a real soundtrack feel to it. Hopefully you keep putting them on there. Sounds cool. 

On 3/27/2022 at 9:34 PM, BobDobbs said:

Layne is my favorite of the grunge vocalist and one of my top 5 vocalist. The guy was not simply an extremely gifted singer, his tone and pitch were absolutely perfect, but his phrasing and the texture of his voice were so damn unusual and haunting. Check out Layne's isolated vocals from various tunes to see how truly gifted a singer he was.

He is also one of my favorite of all time. Everything you just said, says it all. He was amazing. He went way to young and it was shitty how went. I also really dig his iso vocals. That guy had pipes. I believe you are not a huge fan of Scott W, but he had range. He has a few cool ISO videos on him as well. 

I tried searching out new music lately. I’m having a hard time. The music scene has changed a lot. Or maybe I’m just not looking in the right places. I don’t know. 

Cheers BobDobbs. 

On 3/28/2022 at 9:59 AM, hummingbird69 said:

Can you imagine what would have happened if it were a white actor who slapped rock?  Would it be applauded as chivalrous or would blm be rioting over a black man being struck by a white man on national tv for a joke at an awards show known for jokes?  Does anyone remember when rock made allusions towards smith and wife having an open relationship??  She laughed at the time and Will looked a bit green in the gills over it but there was no violence.

Will and Jada are 2 of the most privileged people on the planet and should be able to take some good natured ribbing.

Me thinks thou doth protest too much.

Yeah, that is all true. And BobDobbs line of being a ”Cuckold” was spectacular and made me spit out my drink. 

I said the same think you said when I saw it. What if that had been a white guy like Nick Nolte or Mel Gibson who had smacked the shit out of him. I also wonder what would have happened if Will had walked on stage and smacked Ricky Gervaise. 

What a Cuckold. 

1 hour ago, Plant77 said:

Yeah, that is all true. And BobDobbs line of being a ”Cuckold” was spectacular and made me spit out my drink. 

I said the same think you said when I saw it. What if that had been a white guy like Nick Nolte or Mel Gibson who had smacked the shit out of him. I also wonder what would have happened if Will had walked on stage and smacked Ricky Gervaise. 

What a Cuckold. 

maybe he likes to watch :smileyquote:

1 hour ago, Electrophile said:

Thank you for all of your kind words. It felt rude not to respond with my gratitude in some way. She was a hell of a woman, and she fought hard, right up to the end, but she was just so tired, and her body was so worn out. My dad is dealing with it pretty well, all things considered. They were married 50 years this past January.

My parents were also married 50 years and she passed not long after the anniversary. 13 kids and I'm the baby. 😀

1 hour ago, Plant77 said:

Live Jane Said is amazing. There are some great performances over the years. My favorite version of that song is 1997 NY with Flee at the Hammerstein Ballroom. Just an awesome show. 

On your latest clip that you posted. I’m digging it. I may have said it before, but it has a real soundtrack feel to it. Hopefully you keep putting them on there. Sounds cool. 

Thanks for the comments. 😊 The Freesound site still has the squeak problem and they swear it's not their fault. That cracks me up because I've been posting there for over 10 years and never had this problem before. Really frustrating. They uploaded one the other day before I could check it and sure enough it had the squeak sound. I deleted it pronto. No way will I allow that noise in my sounds. 

46 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

It's a black stripper.

That’s perfect. From the ATL coming at you from the dirty south! And she has a dirty mouth! Everybody welcome to the stage!  Apashia! 

I had to look up what it does to you. Not the black stripper, but what that disease does. Man, that is just strange. Our brains are so complex. That could explain a lot of his actions, and his appearances on talk shows the last few years. 

God bless him. Hopefully he can make a recovery. From what I have read it seems possible depending on how advanced it is. 

5 hours ago, Plant77 said:

That’s perfect. From the ATL coming at you from the dirty south! And she has a dirty mouth! Everybody welcome to the stage!  Apashia! 

I had to look up what it does to you. Not the black stripper, but what that disease does. Man, that is just strange. Our brains are so complex. That could explain a lot of his actions, and his appearances on talk shows the last few years. 

God bless him. Hopefully he can make a recovery. From what I have read it seems possible depending on how advanced it is. 

My landlady had it. It was bad and she was unable to say what she wanted to say and she always said the word 'point' a lot when she spoke to you.